• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

x-fire or picasso century pacific

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

prento

Jan 18, 2007
Hi everybody,

I want to buy speargun, but I'm not sure wich one is better seac sub x-fire or picasso century pacific, so if anybody has expirience with those speargun, please relpy!

Hi Prento...

first of all welcome to the forums.

I will start by first saying that i havent actually used either gun... however i do intend to buy the x-fire. I love all of its features, and the trigger is awsome. Hang on for a while though untill you get a little more feedback on here, and there are bound to be people who disagree with me.

Personally my choice would be the xfire.

Huw.

PS: here are a few links that you may find usefull if you havent already found them...

http://forums.deeperblue.net/hunting-equipment/67316-seac-sub-x-fire-85-a.html

http://forums.deeperblue.net/euro-spearguns/62917-seac-sub-x-fire-105-a.html?highlight=x-fire

Thanks Huw, but I was told by a friend that a x-fire's spear is going above the target... And I think that he doesn't know to use x-fire.

Correct me if i am wrong people, btu im pretty sure that this means that the gun is overpowered.

Did he fit larger bands? What size is the gun? What diameter shaft is he using?

usually if the spear shoots high, then just use either lower powered bands (ie 16mm instead of 18) or a larger diameter shaft (ie 7mm instead of 6.5).

The main thing to worry about is if the gun shoots unpredictably and inconsitantly. If all of the shots go high, then that can be easily fixed. Its when they are all over the place when you have to worry!

Huw

Maybe he didn't put O-ring on the top of the speargun...? Due to his experience, I think that I'll buy picasso century pacific.

No i dont know any sites for testings unfortunately. Where abouts are you in the world and what will you be hunting?

I live in Montenegro, it's small country in Adriatic sea. I have a small speargun, and I will buy a new big one...I will hunt mullet, green wrass, two-banded bream, amber jack, black umber, grouper, bass, atlantic bonito, and other kinds of fish...

X-fire: accurate or not? Wow I can help with some info on this, even if just second hand.
Ever heard of underwater accuracy competitons? It's quite a popular sport in Italy, with hundred spearos taking part to comps, and it's about shooting on a fixed target in a pool with standard spearguns.
Well, last year Marco Albano, a young spearo from Sicily, got 2nd place at the national championship finals with a Seac Sub XFire 95cm. So presently the XFire is the national vice-champion speargun for accuracy.
But Huw, guess what's the champion speargun? Seatec Gabbiano! (won 2006 and 2004, while in 2005 the winner shot a Totem Pelagos woody).
Hope this helps: in theory the XFire has everything to be accurate and well balanced. What's suspicious is that if you visit the "goods for sale" section of italian forums, you'll often find many guys selling off their Xfires. Makes me think it's a "love it or hate it" piece of gear.

Reactions: Mr. X
Hey prento I have tried the Picasso Pacific and (I) was not very impressed. Most of the shaft did not rest on the track and that kind of bothered me because its a ''railgun'' and the line release is also a bit of a headach it is really REALLY hard to put 2 wraps of 300 lb line on that thing with out it jumping off. Maby you could fix this by buying the stainless steel line release for it. Thats about all the problems I have found with it but for me the track thing bothers me too much so I would not get one,thats my opinionrofl . I really like the picasso century grip(except the line realse) is really comfy and I am thinking about getting a picasso century speargun. Hope this all helps

Did you consider Omer?

ps
mnogo bolja marka i kvalitet od Seacsuba :)

X-fire: accurate or not? Wow I can help with some info on this, even if just second hand.
Ever heard of underwater accuracy competitons? It's quite a popular sport in Italy, with hundred spearos taking part to comps, and it's about shooting on a fixed target in a pool with standard spearguns.
Well, last year Marco Albano, a young spearo from Sicily, got 2nd place at the national championship finals with a Seac Sub XFire 95cm. So presently the XFire is the national vice-champion speargun for accuracy.
But Huw, guess what's the champion speargun? Seatec Gabbiano! (won 2006 and 2004, while in 2005 the winner shot a Totem Pelagos woody).
Hope this helps: in theory the XFire has everything to be accurate and well balanced. What's suspicious is that if you visit the "goods for sale" section of italian forums, you'll often find many guys selling off their Xfires. Makes me think it's a "love it or hate it" piece of gear.

God i do love that gabbiano :D. Pretty cool sounding sport there spaghetti... have you ever tried it? Is it harder than it sounds? What do they use for a target?

Huw.

I have Pelagos 100 its incredibly accurate when you get used to it. Every shoot went high for few dives at first coz of the allignment of spear and it was new to me to use circular bands.

I will add gabiano 100 and Cayman HF to my collection just for curiosity.:) Actually i love pelagos som much i don't want to use another gun that just sickness. I become addicted to spearguns..

Its a shame for seatec that they did not make gabiano with circular rubbers.

Forgive my ignorance, but i have a small beauchat cave gun with a single rubber passing through a circle in the gun below the muzzle... is this what is known as circular rubbers?

Huw.

Cheers!!! I guess this all comes down to personal preference again... i think i prefer the bands on the gabbiano, but that is probably because they are positioned so low on the muzzle... i have the same type bands on a sporasub blackviper75, and that positions the rubbers high and on a closed muzzle, and i am not very comfortable with it at all. Mind you this type of positioning seems to be used on loads of guns, and so it really must just depend on your shooting style.

Huw

Thanks for reply, i have already ordered picasso pacific 110 spear gun according to your reply and because other diferences, barrel is 32mm diam with bands 19mm, and possibility to add weights for proper ballasting, so i think it would be excellent, I'll tell you after testing in real time conditons.

VJANDA, omer uopste ne dolaziu obzir, jer kako sam se konsultovao sa raznim roniocima na dah, svi su negodovali njihove lastikace, a i ucestvovao sam na takmicenju Montenegro Cup 2006 i niti jedan talijan nije imao njihove lastikace...

Hvala na informaciji.
Sad cu i ja morati da razmislim jes sam bas hteo da kupim novu pusku za leto.
Mislio sam da uzmem novu Cayman Omerovu.
Pozdrav

Kad sam razmisljao da uzmem novu pusku uzeo sam u obzir sa koliko novca raspolazem i sto tacno zelim, smatram da je bolja puska sa cirkularnim gumama, ali nije losa c4 monoscocca, demka, imersion, ali moj uzi izbor se sveo na xfire ili picasso, a na kraju sam izabrao picaso zbog vodilice za strijelu citavom duzinom cijevi, debljina cijevi 32mm, i ta debljlina trpi deblje gume,cak dvije 19mm cirkularne gume...

Pozdrav.

Kad sam razmisljao da uzmem novu pusku uzeo sam u obzir sa koliko novca raspolazem i sto tacno zelim, smatram da je bolja puska sa cirkularnim gumama, ali nije losa c4 monoscocca, demka, imersion, ali moj uzi izbor se sveo na xfire ili picasso, a na kraju sam izabrao picaso zbog vodilice za strijelu citavom duzinom cijevi, debljina cijevi 32mm, i ta debljlina trpi deblje gume,cak dvije 19mm cirkularne gume...

Pozdrav.

:confused: Scusate ragazzi, con rispetto: su questo forum è più simpatico scrivere in inglese, così tutti capiscono e partecipano alla discussione.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT