• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

x-fire or picasso century pacific

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ja bas imam malu imersion concept pro od 60cm.
Jako sam zadovoljan ali je pre kratka i puno mi je vecih riba bilo van dometa.
Sad gledam puske od 85 ili 90 cm. Jos volim da se zavlacim po rupama pa necu da kupim 1m ili 1.10m koji mi mnogi preporucuju kao duzinu.
Zimi zivim u engleskoj a ovde izbor nije bas sjajan.
Leti ronim u rogoznici, hrvatska. Ima mnogo malih ostrva i vidljivost je odlicna.

Sorry,
I was just saying that I too spearfish in the Adriatic (croatia - rogoznica).
I was thinking about gettin an Omer Cayman but my friend from montenegro thinks I should avoid the Omer brand alltogether.
I have 150 euros and need a 85 or 90 cm gun.
Any suggestions?

There are so many. It mainly depends on your budget: a Totem Guizzo 80 woody or a C4 would be a first class choice, but they're darn expensive. The Cayman is a new series, came in shops just 3 weeks a go, and not many people have tried it yet. But if you like spearguns with a big mass you may try Seatec spearguns, which aere said to be very popular in Croatia (Branko Ikic is number 1 tester of Seatec official team.
Omer? Personally, I've been shooting Omer spearguns since 1993, tried almost all the models and never had anything to complain: only the Alluminum let me down (galvanic corrosion), but all the others gave me good satisfaction (old T20, new T20, Master, MB 16, Excalibur carbon and allu, XXV Gold: all good). But it's just me.

Thanks bud, I just posted a new thread as well.

Luckily I have over 3 months in which decide what to add to my underwater arselnal ;)

I apologise for writing in Croatian language...

My opinion is that Imersion and Picasso produce one of the best speargus in europe, and c4 and seatec alse produce good guns. For 150 euros you can not buy something special, because imersion, c4,and totem spearguns cost more than 180 euros. I'll pay for my picasso pacific 220 euros...

VJANDA check this link Submania this site is written in croatian, and has tests of spearguns, I hope that this site will give you some directions for buying one.

I'm apologize for writing in Croatian language...

My opinion is that Imersion and Picasso produce one of the best speargus in europe, and c4 and seatec alse produce good guns. For 150 euros you can not buy something special, because imersion, c4,and totem spearguns cost more than 180 euros. I'll pay for my picasso pacific 220 euros...

VJANDA check this link Submania this site is written in croatian, and has tests of spearguns, I hope that this site will give you some directions for buying one.

Its a shame for seatec that they did not make gabiano with circular rubbers.

Murat, you're spot on. The new edition of Gabbiano with circular bands will hit the markets in spring. It will go by the name of "Gabbiano Snake" :martial. Details are secret, but I've been discussing with two members of the Seatec team who already tested it, and their comment was: "E' una goduria!". (literally: "it's pure enjoyment!" or something like that). It's supposed to be a hell of a speargun :) .
For those interested to the X-Fire, some related news: a new version with a new muzzle for TWO circular bands is now available in shops in Italy, while the old version with only one band is sold much cheaper than before. For those really interested, I can suggest where to buy on line at a good price, but only via personal message.

Last edited:
Murat, you're spot on. The new edition of Gabbiano with circular bands will hit the markets in spring. It will go by the name of "Gabbiano Snake" :martial. Details are secret, but I've been discussing with two members of the Seatec team who already tested it, and their comment was: "E' una goduria!". (literally: "it's pure enjoyment!" or something like that). It's supposed to be a hell of a speargun :) .
For those interested to the X-Fire, some related news: a new version with a new muzzle for TWO circular bands is now available in shops in Italy, while the old version with only one band is sold much cheaper than before. For those really interested, I can suggest where to buy on line at a good price, but only via personal message.

:inlove :inlove :inlove

yes mate i saw the pictures of gabbiano's snake pictures on local shop. I am thinking of getting one. Can you please ask your friend how they perform with double 16mm bands and 140cm 6.5mm spear on 100 cm gun? Thats the setup i intend to use on that gun. Or if i can mount double 16mm on to pelagos in some way i will use gabbiano with single band.

yes mate i saw the pictures of gabbiano's snake pictures on local shop. I am thinking of getting one. Can you please ask your friend how they perform with double 16mm bands and 140cm 6.5mm spear on 100 cm gun? Thats the setup i intend to use on that gun. Or if i can mount double 16mm on to pelagos in some way i will use gabbiano with single band.

It will come with a muzzle for two circular bands, probably the 16mm "Master". For how much I know this gun (not so much, but a bit more than a little) the set-up you mentioned will give no problem for trigger (it will be the same all stainless steel, tested for 220 kilograms, while the 16mm Seatec bands charge only 60 kilograms each. No trigger problem at all) and recoil (gun has a good mass and, again, i say it's even a bit heavy).
I just don't think that the Snake will be more accurate than the old Gabbiano with the TRB muzzle, because the Trb muzzle is very effective against the "muzzle whip" recoil force and you can't beat its accuracy. I think the Snake will just give you more options for higher power (which is the big downside of the trb muzzle).

i don't understand how the old TRB muzzle will counter the recoil effect with its tiny and slim dimensions? But anyway if the gun is heavy enough and have good balance there should not be any considerable muzzle whip with suitable setup.

Local shop only bring 77-90 cm gabbianos here, 90cm is considerably wider and heavier than 77cm version. I wonder if they keep increasing the wideness and weight of the body at simillar propotion. If thats the case 100-110cm version should one hell of a heavy and wide gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT