• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[B]Norfolk 2013[/B]

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
just got to the llyn after 8 hr drive from truro where i got in last night n got a two pound flounder hopefully be in to morrow morning nr trefor north coast of the Llyn north west wales.the weathers horrendous now storm winds heavy rain n sheep flying past the window.!will let you know !

Reactions: fdb
That sounds terrible, I hate driving couldn't imagine a 8hour trip, glad you got one for your efforts!!Would love to go spearing in Cornwall one day.. I'll be listening out mate, hope all go's well in the morning for you..

got in this morn for 10mins couldnt see end of my arm!looked better on high but still blowing a gale and big swell .will wait till monday back down in cornwall again did you have any luck in norfolk?

Had the same mate, couldn't see 10cm.. There's this weird sludgey sh*t all over the beach and in the sea, it looks like gravey it's horrible.. Took my rods out last night and caught a 2.5lb bass and a rare horse mackerel which I've never seen before.. I need a torch, conditions looked good last night I wanted to be diving..

Been ill with chest infection and rsi pains in wrist so not been in but Going in today, conditions not perfect but I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the sea.. I'll update as soon as I'm done..

Ohhhhhhhhh I'm starting to dislike norfolk now..... BUT I think I've got it the vis problems worked out!!! It seems that we need to have a southerly wind for a week straight at the same time as low tides. Seems that the higher tides here just destroy the visability, probably due to all the marshland here. My last dive was horrendous, I have never seen such disgusting looking water in my life!!

Going rod fishing tonight as the bass are about.. ):

I'm working in Skegness might be the nearest I'm going to get down the weathers gloryus ? The sea looks horrible but the holiday makers are still in it cooling down.any luck norfolknovice ?

Hey denian,

Still having no luck here, haven't been in for a couple of weeks now.. I just can't manage to find a good bit of vis anywhere lol.. I'll keep all updated if and when I do manage to go.. As it stands, if your really into spearfishing- keep away from Norfolk!!

I'm up at Bacton at the end of the week.
I'm going to take my stuff and go for an explore but not expecting too much. Will take the Paddleboard too in case the vis is as bad as I'm expecting!

When you go in, are you staying relatively close to shore or heading further out?

jim

Hi Jim..

Good to hear your coming down, il be up for a meet up when you do, I have generally stayed quite close to shore as have been diving alone.. My last dive was amazing vis was at 2m+ but didn't see any fish.. Bacton is a little way up from me so maybe we could do a meet up at cromer pier and do a dive there??

Hi there just read your posts im looking to go out around hunstanton brancaster do you ever get up that way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi fdb

I'm due to go on my first trip of the year this week, I am only a mile from brancaster so it will be one of my options of where I would like to go, I'm also thinking of going cley soon as there are 2 wrecks 100 meters off the beach, I'm up for a meet up and dive if you are at some point? Always best to have a partner. Where in Norfolk are you from?

Sound good to me i havnt been out previously so am a beginner to spear fishing i have fins mask snorkel spear gun and wet suits so need to get a weight belt then ready to go. although novice i can dive and am a deer shooter so have a good knowledge of firearm safety so as long as you don't mind a novice then a meet up would be great. my number is 07926179123

Sound good to me i havnt been out previously so am a beginner to spear fishing i have fins mask snorkel spear gun and wet suits so need to get a weight belt then ready to go. although novice i can dive and am a deer shooter so have a good knowledge of firearm safety so as long as you don't mind a novice then a meet up would be great. my number is 07926179123

Well I only started last year so I am no way a pro by any means, did get up to 2 and half mins of holding my breath though, and shot my first fish which was amazing experience. As soon as you get your weight belt il be up for a dive, do you have a kayak? Can be handy in Norfolk as you may know our waters are not the deepest. It's an addictive hobby, I was waking up at 4 everyday for weeks just to go for a dive before work..

Well I only started last year so I am no way a pro by any means, did get up to 2 and half mins of holding my breath though, and shot my first fish which was amazing experience. As soon as you get your weight belt il be up for a dive, do you have a kayak? Can be handy in Norfolk as you may know our waters are not the deepest. It's an addictive hobby, I was waking up at 4 everyday for weeks just to go for a dive before work..
I
i have a kayak so can bring that am an hour and 20 from brancaster so early mornings are weekends for me but can do after work if suits you. the kl road works are a pain at moment as well. i have contact someone re a belt so hopefully by next week ill have one. what's the hunting like have you had much luck. i gather lots of flatties about

Hopefully you can get a belt next week and we'll have a try next weekend, i live in burnham market so you could come here and well head to cley, best thing about cley is its a bit deeper and has the wreck to dive, I have seen lots of flatfish so far, not so many other fish but I know they're there as we have been catching loads with rods recently. Just send me a message when your all kitted up and we'll plan a dive.. I'm just waiting on some new gloves and socks but should be here tomorrow, I can't wait to get back out!!

Hopefully will have a belt by tomorrow so am good to go one eve this week or the next ill let you know

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thats great news, One night next week would be good, I'm currently in the process of attaching an outboard to my kayak so I can get about a bit easier (lazy lol).. Just let me know what day you wanna have a try and il give you a call. Luke

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT