• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Viz is looking loads better today :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394981009.177912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sj257
Been in today south coast......very few sandeel, no fish....1 scallop. Vis 2m.
That's disappointing :( gonna jump in later and gave a go anyway fingers crossed we have a little more luck. I'll keep you posted :)

Vis maybe 3m no fish at all not even a wrasse :(

Was going to go in straight from work. Started walking down to the beach when I realised I'd forgotten my fins. Tomorrow it is then.

Thanks for all the updates. Looked like it was clearing in the St Austell Bay over the weekend. BUt there seem to be very few fish about from my line fishing.

Simon

Reactions: yogatron
Thanks for all the updates. Looked like it was clearing in the St Austell Bay over the weekend. BUt there seem to be very few fish about from my line fishing.

Simon
............................... REPORT..........................
Viz ok (3m or so), temp not too bad, no fish. None. Zip. not even a Blenny! still, nice swim. That's me till next month. It may be spring on land but its still winter under the sea.

Great to see there are some brave souls prepared to get in at this time of year - its getting the likes of me well fired up to get stuck in come sunny May!:chicken::chicken::chicken:

Reactions: yogatron
Great to see there are some brave souls prepared to get in at this time of year - its getting the likes of me well fired up to get stuck in come sunny May!:chicken::chicken::chicken:
It's not actually too bad temp wise it would of course make up for it if there were any fish about!

Did anyone get in over the weekend? Saw a couple of guys fishing on the rocks today but they'd only just got there so hadn't caught anything

how do friends to the west.

Im planning a spearing trip to cornwall ( late may ) from Dorset and was wondering wheres some good beaches to hit, liked the look of lizard area and hoping in may mid week it wont be tooooooo busy, but not really sure where the hell to go to be honest.

any pointers would be cracking

Hows the season in cornwall so far? Ive only been out once this year!!! vis has been bad

cheers
-Jordan

how do friends to the west.

Im planning a spearing trip to cornwall ( late may ) from Dorset and was wondering wheres some good beaches to hit, liked the look of lizard area and hoping in may mid week it wont be tooooooo busy, but not really sure where the hell to go to be honest.

any pointers would be cracking

Hows the season in cornwall so far? Ive only been out once this year!!! vis has been bad

cheers
-Jordan

I'll let you know after the week end (if the weather holds)!

Reactions: jshadz
Went in this morning near Falmouth for an hour or so. Vis was 2/3m there were sand eels and a few wrasse but not much else. Not long now before we start seeing some fish (hopefully)

Went in this morning near Falmouth for an hour or so. Vis was 2/3m there were sand eels and a few wrasse but not much else. Not long now before we start seeing some fish (hopefully)

There was only about 1m viz over the sand though. Try to avoid the sandy beaches

Hi guys! I am planning to be in cornwall for Easter weekend, arround porthmeor. First Time for me in cornwall! Have you got any information about zones restricted to spearfishing and good spots ( not asking for supersecretspots! :) ). Happy to tag along if anybody needs a buddy! Cheers!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Hi guys! I am planning to be in cornwall for Easter weekend, arround porthmeor. First Time for me in cornwall! Have you got any information about zones restricted to spearfishing and good spots ( not asking for supersecretspots! :) ). Happy to tag along if anybody needs a buddy! Cheers!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

Hello mate as far as I'm aware you are free to spear to your hearts content. I've not ventured up to that neck of the woods so can't really help too much but looking on google maps just north of where you are staying doesn't look too bad :) hope you enjoy your visit. Let us know how you get on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397369399.427881.jpg

I think you have found portmore golf course :) portmeor is near st Ives I think.

Reactions: JJT
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT