• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks yogatron! But l am looking for spots a bit further south! :) it looks like the forecast are good! Will let you know how it goes!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

I'm further south went to poldhu today but didn't get in as the vis looked shit :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a bad news! I thought that these nice days would help the vis! But even from the Dorset guys the reports are bad! Anyway l will bring climbing gears just in case!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

We are forecast a good week of weather so fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No fish in falmouth. Never has been. Para sands beach swing right and your soon find some fish. At the moment vis is poor.

Had my first dive of the year Sunday and managed 4 decent sized mullet in vis that was a varied 1-3 metres, today I thought I'd try a different mark only to find it had been completely transformed by the storms, the vis was a murky 4 metres with only a few wrasse and a shoal of sandeels, after a bit of searching I managed to find where all the sand had been shifted and bagged 4 flounders.
I think its going to take a few more weeks before all this silt is washed out.
uploadfromtaptalk1397510187880.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397510202927.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks like the beuchat stringer or very similar. I'm using the apnea version, I thought a bit more sturdy. But be careful at night as easy to puncture your float - dooh

Cheers Broseidon, I brought the stringer from a sports shop in Gran Canaria about 7 years ago, not too sure who made it or even if they are still available but Anthony at spearfishingstore.co.uk sells a similar one that Beuchat makes if that helps.

Reactions: Broseidon
Thanks for the reply guys!

The stringer looks great, compared to my typical mono-based "jumble of beasts", you're catch looks very neat :)

Reactions: Goingtothecoast
Had my first dive of the year Sunday and managed 4 decent sized mullet in vis that was a varied 1-3 metres, today I thought I'd try a different mark only to find it had been completely transformed by the storms, the vis was a murky 4 metres with only a few wrasse and a shoal of sandeels, after a bit of searching I managed to find where all the sand had been shifted and bagged 4 flounders.
I think its going to take a few more weeks before all this silt is washed out.
View attachment 38191View attachment 38192

I've dived 3 marks this year and I recon about 40% of the weed has gone at each one. The sea is a very different place this year.

Its the same where I've dived, some of it is slowly growing back but its going to take a year or two for it to ever look like previous seasons.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT