• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
bought 2 rib hulls...
Planning to make a 4m C-ski type boat and a 5m hard rib/fast fisher combi.

They should be finished by next season.... Ya right :) :) :) :)

Not sure which one to start first...

My Orkney is for sale aswell if anyone fancies it.

Should put some info up on goods for sale.

Seahawk.... am I thinking of another boat... night hawk was it??? Shetland?

Anyway, I put some details in the goods for sale section.
http://forums.deeperblue.com/goods-sale/96429-orkney-590tt-60hp-mariner-cork-ireland.html

Lol.........Its a Shetland Blackhawk 19' ;)

http://forums.deeperblue.com/goods-sale/96431-shetland-blackhawk-19-wexford-ireland.html

Its my dad's boat, he's hardly used it since he got it and they near doubled the berthing fees in the local marina so its time to sell it. He only put 25hrs on the Evinrude 75hp engine he bought new for it 4 years ago. Its probably not the best time of year to sell but I have a few potential buyers interested.

Its probably a bit big and not the most suitable of boats for spearfishing but I'll take my own advice and put a link up on the goods for sale as well :)

Last edited:
some effin hawk anyway :) :) :)

Hopefully I'll have at least one of the boats ready by next season!

went out today in rain and wind. vis vas 8-9 metres . water around 7 C . spend an hour in water .Biggest place 3.2 kg ,cod around 1.5 kg .
P.S.
oh only forgot to mention ... is in Norway ..... and my one is smallest place :) but first one , from a first dive.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 163
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 176
went out today in rain and wind. vis vas 8-9 metres . water around 7 C . spend an hour in water .Biggest place 3.2 kg ,cod around 1.5 kg .
P.S.
oh only forgot to mention ... is in Norway ..... and my one is smallest place :) but first one , from a first dive.
Well done Daniel!! Norway eh? Lucky b*st*rdroflroflrofl...

Went to allihies with rob and the women Saturday. We were lucky with the weather the Saturday but not so lucky the Sunday. Only got the one dive in but we ate and drank plenty.
Got crab, a bag of scallops and 5 pollock between 3&5lb. Water was 11 degrees. Swam for 2/3 hours. 14M deepest dive. Viz 7/8M.
Sunday morning the wind turned southerly and picked up to f4/5 and pissing rain so we called it and drove on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353342958.154282.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353342972.771089.jpg
Well done on your catch Danas. Well jealous!!

Reactions: kookiebrew
Damn jealous on all of ye! :t
Well done to all, great to see there's still some life around...
Full report when you get back Danas.

I got out for a last minute night dive with arrowloopboy a few weeks ago but we didn't/couldn't see anything, the viz was poor in places and the torches I had were way under power. I placed an order with lpxdeal which failed to arrive after 4 weeks so I ended up getting my money back and I've ordered a 1000 lumen cree torch from dealextreme which hopefully will arrive in the next week or so...it worked out at €65 including postage.

Good choice on the cree. Rob has one. Very bright. I'm buying one as we speak as a backup. Cree are the top manufacturer of led.

great catch... was blowing a hurricane up here all weekend no chance of getting out...great to see some life still about

Good choice on the cree. Rob has one. Very bright. I'm buying one as we speak as a backup. Cree are the top manufacturer of led.

Ye, it got great reviews on all the forums, I had ordered the 900 Lumen that OMD had mentioned in a previous post (I think Bobdonny got the same one) but it was unavailable from Dealextreme. So I ordered it from another online store in China. I waited 4 weeks for it to arrive and eventually had to log a dispute with Paypal for to get a reply back from them. They then gave me some BS about the post service so I opted for a refund, in the meantime Dealextreme had got the 1000 Lumen torches back in stock so I ordered it from them last week. I can see how you'd get hooked on the night diving.

What's the web address for that Derek. Can only find the trustfire brand and its not rated for depth so not sure it's suitable for diving. Would much prefer cree.

there will be not much of report as got a contract to work in Bergen for few months. is gona a be few dive over weekends. hope to get in this weekend again. strange think - after raining all last week , we went to water and viz was 8-9 metres . there is no mud left of ground to be washed in to sea , as raining all the time. I tell u .... Ireland feels like Mediterranean country , compares to Bergen weather .... :D

there will be not much of report as got a contract to work in Bergen for few months. is gona a be few dive over weekends. hope to get in this weekend again. strange think - after raining all last week , we went to water and viz was 8-9 metres . there is no mud left of ground to be washed in to sea , as raining all the time. I tell u .... Ireland feels like Mediterranean country , compares to Bergen weather .... :D

Hope you brought your Thermal Undies with you :t

It looks like a nice sheltered port, keep the pics coming.

Went to allihies with rob and the women Saturday. We were lucky with the weather the Saturday but not so lucky the Sunday. Only got the one dive in but we ate and drank plenty.
Got crab, a bag of scallops and 5 pollock between 3&5lb. Water was 11 degrees. Swam for 2/3 hours. 14M deepest dive. Viz 7/8M.
Sunday morning the wind turned southerly and picked up to f4/5 and pissing rain so we called it and drove on. View attachment 35070View attachment 35071
Well done on your catch Danas. Well jealous!!

Aye, not much extra to add to that... was a great weekend diving, shame we only had the one day...
I was on a serious lobster hunt out west so caught half those scallops johnny has and didnt shoot a single fish. I did see one, but it was too far for my 9. I only thought on the way home that sunfish used to say there were not many lobsters out west!
I was looking for something exotic (like plaice or cod etc.) but didnt find anything.

Fab to be out in about 8m vis in this weather though!

Great going guys. The vis in the swimming pools is savage. Doing a talk at
Welcome to the What If, Why Not Festival! - What If Why Not Festival
its an adventure film festival with some cool workshops and speakers in particular a guy who solo rowed across the Atlantic. Back in Galway the following weekend for a pool course then Dublin the one after that and we have pool training on the Friday night the 7th for anyone who is already experienced.

went out again today , vis around 8-9 metres water temp - cold , forgot my D4. I got 2 flatfishes , my friend got 4.5 kg cod . any one know what sort of flat fish is this . they are reddish colour .
one think is amazing - all week was raining ... pisssing as hell all day friday , and viz 8-9 metres !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: Fitzy_1982
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT