• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Went to allihies with rob and the women Saturday. We were lucky with the weather the Saturday but not so lucky the Sunday. Only got the one dive in but we ate and drank plenty.
Got crab, a bag of scallops and 5 pollock between 3&5lb. Water was 11 degrees. Swam for 2/3 hours. 14M deepest dive. Viz 7/8M.
Sunday morning the wind turned southerly and picked up to f4/5 and pissing rain so we called it and drove on. View attachment 35070View attachment 35071
Well done on your catch Danas. Well jealous!!

Allihies rocks Johnny well done guys!.... I definitly miss that gate behind you ;) :)

Hi folks
been a long time since i went on this hope yous all had a good summer/autumn/winter , i know i had. just on asking your expert advice on wetsuits for spearfishing and do's and donts ?

Thanks
Ryan

I highly recommend these Custom Wetsuits for Spearfishing, Scuba, Triathlon | Oceanos Wetsuits made to measure at 189usd.. been using mine for 2 seasons and have never been cold in it.... think it took less than a month to be delivered too...i went with the high waist rather than long john, only reason is if you wanna pee you dont have to take the top off unless you wanna pee in the wetsuit, fine if your into that thing.... best of luck

brillant thanks lads il look into both :) what price is a good one that will last and in terms of fitting what is the story on getting fitted? not talking about the custom one at the mo.

if you get an off the peg wetsuit most sites have a measuring chart, myself and my bro measured each other for ours, both fit like gloves and it was the same price for a custom fit with oceanos...

just a few clips i put together from the spring this year, any comments on how to improve more than welcome (apart from having fish being caught :) ) thanks again for the help on wetsuits looking at them now,

Last edited by a moderator:
Good footage. What part of the country and what camera? Just got my gopro and ordered the flat lens today. Gonna get going on making my gun mount soon.

Good footage. What part of the country and what camera? Just got my gopro and ordered the flat lens today. Gonna get going on making my gun mount soon.

Cheers, its mullaghmore thought you mite have guest with fergus in one shot :)
Its a gopro on my head :) the first go pro in lo light its not great but for the money its brillant quality for money :) tell me how the flat lens is mite invest in a better camera maybe black edition go pro or sumthing sumiler,

It's the hero has hd too good but in low light it's not great but never had trouble really would love to get the black go pro 3 :) they would be perfect.

Hav'nt posted in awhile as not been out since I blanked 4 times in October.
I am heading over to Fuerta ventura surfing in January and was thinking of doing abit of spearfishing out there, anybody done this before?
Do i need a license and is the spearing from the shore

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT