• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2004's First Caption Contest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Sultan of Smooth admiring his new look after appearing on the new show, "Queer eye for a free-dive"...

(In my mother's screeching voice) "I don't care what all the other kids are wearing, you are not going to school looking like that!"

Originally posted by rigdvr
The Sultan of Smooth admiring his new look after appearing on the new show, "Queer eye for a free-dive"...

I just had a DeJaVu...;)

Come get your toe pockets at Just for Queers. See our vast line of colorful coveries designed by our founder and top model, Svenny Sphincter!:D

3 attempts...

to his dispair all Sven can say about these fins is AFLAC!!

...at least he didnt take the picture of his matching speedo...:yack

<in an old swedish voice>
"Damn kids today with their high fangled composite fins...why when I was their age I wore these fins and had to swim uphill 5 miles to spear, then while I was hunting someone would turn the hill around so I had to swim back uphill to the beach...sometimes I only had one fin but we never complained. Today all you hear is I dont like my carbon fibers for bluewater, they 'can' too much or my fins are camo'd...oops, Sven could you pick up my dentures, I think they landed on my speedos..."

"Once there was a fisherman, who hunted with a spear...
but he could'nt dive deep, with no fins, hunts were filled with fear.

He finally decided...enough is enough ...
but the only store was a kiddies one, that was kinda tough !
His kids were sent for fins, doing good as shopping goes...
except for little yellow ones wot only covered up Sven's toes..."

Originally posted by Rolando
Hey Sven, Where's my Shirt from last month?:D

I think these shirts are made one at a time and then sent by kayak... the prizes generally take 4-6 weeks, don't ask me why, I've tried, but I don't sign the checks. Hang out, its worth the wait.

I don't have a comment on the new fins Sven, but according to a recent poll* the California abalone like them alot better than the ones you've been using!

Aaron

*editors note: abalone polled were all deeper than 25 feet.

Eric Fattah explained to Sven several times that his body acidity was too high! Sven determined as he was, decided to go ahead and urinate without removing his black carbon fibre fins! Take note of the fin's surface saturation (color) and structural damage (holes/size) that occured due to this catastrophe!

Looking down at his feet, 23 years later in his journey searching for truth, Sven exclaimed, "I have finally unravelled the true meaning of my master's teachings..."

"What fins?"

Variant on the previous post:

Looking down at his feet, 23 years later in his journey searching for truth, Sven exclaimed, "I have finally unravelled the true meaning of my master's teachings..."

"What fins?"

Conveying his discovery to the master, Sven volunteers, "because from a certain angle, all you see is a bony chicken-like leg... albeit extra furry!"

The master forsakes teaching from that day forward.

"New OMER ultrastretch fins: $999. Small enough to fit in some shirt pockets. Stretchy enough that one size fits all.

WARNING: Fins have rather small surface area, and the ultraflexible material offers little thrust against the water. Not recommended for use in high currents, deep dives, or by divers weighing over 40lbs/18kg. No warranty expressed or implied. Waiver of liability must be signed prior to purchase. Special license may be required in some areas. Biodegradable in highly polluted areas. Do not inhale fin material vapours; do not allow fin material to contact open wounds or mouth. Do not leave in direct sunlight or submerge in saltwater. Do not submerge in fresh water for more than 20 minutes. Fin material stiffens with time; ultrastretch property may last up to several weeks from purchase. Once ultrastretch property has diminished, fin may no longer fit; should this occur, purchase of new ultrastretch fins is strongly recommended."

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Reply BEFORE reading the other posts

Overheard as Sven was yelling at Mrs. Sven:

"How many times do I have to tell you?!?! NEVER wash my fins in hot water and NEVER put them in the dryer! See? Now look at what you've done! I can give these to the baby and I will have to get a new pair! You know how much those things cost?!?!" <stomping off and slamming the door>

:D

Sales Pitch:

Dont worry, everything's bigger underwater!

Of course, the day of the dive shop is short-lived, now that you can buy all your dive gear over the internet with confidence.....

Sven's Girlfriend:
" Well Sven, I guess you've just blown the 'large feet, large ----' myth.";)

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT