• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 Fish Spearing/Garbage removal contest entire year - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have put myself back into the lead for biggest rough fish at 39in 44# for a total of 83 points i had scott take pics for me and he will put them on a little bit later she was a heck of a fight :martial

Largest rough fish 39in 44# total 83

Attachments

• DSCF1768.jpg
    DSCF1768.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF1771.jpg
    DSCF1771.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF1770.jpg
    DSCF1770.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 161
  • PIC_0636.jpg
    PIC_0636.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCF1767.jpg
    DSCF1767.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
There was a couple bigger hogs in there, but couldnt get a shot on them. They ducked under the docks and i couldnt swim fast enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot one more to bring my FINAL Total to 110. In the last 2 pics- she came alive and slapped me in the face and fell in the water- I'm sure it looked funny.

FINAL TOTAL for ROUGHFISH: 110

Attachments

• PIC_0638.jpg
    PIC_0638.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 165
  • PIC_0639.jpg
    PIC_0639.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 160
  • PIC_0640.jpg
    PIC_0640.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 163
  • PIC_0641.jpg
    PIC_0641.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 166
Nice work guys, those are some huge carp. I'm glad to hear the vis and fish were good in Lake Geneva, as that is the closest lake to me. How far were the shots taken on the 2 big carp? How long did they fight, or did you knife 'em?

A knife would help - but you might have to go and cut out the gills instead of trying to "brain" them. shots were about 6'. I shot mine while crawling along the bottom of the lake under some docks through the weeds- I saw the carp, stalked her and then shot her.

mine was about 6ft shot and fought me for a little bit i called scott over to sink another spear but that didnt work so i fought it for a little bit then finnally got it i forgot my knife kyle you and i will have to go there one day go hit some lakes together

Definately. I've heard of people knifing big pelagic fish of the ocean, and I wondered if it would help stop the big carp with a jab to the head.

carp have a really tough skull and i dont think you can get through there skull with a knife i have gone through the gills and did it that way

I used to "pith" them with my kinfe, but now I just rip out their gills- much easier and you don't have to worry about stabbing yourself if they're flopping around.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT