• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2008 Fish Spearing/Garbage removal contest entire year - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
nice mess of fish you need to point me in the right direction i am hungry man and my spear is missing the flesh LOL

Up north camping this past weekend. A 5.5 hour drive from Madison, Damn near to Superior, various lakes. About 25 fish in total. I had an angry mob come after me when I tried to bag a few, so they all got cooked up. Every fish went from lake to belly in less than 2 hours.

GetInMyBelly.jpg

Burnett, Washburn, and Douglas ;). I made the rounds - scouting. Lots of duds re: panfish, but NO duds re: beautiful water.

So this is my first year going spearfishing. Fleshy is the one who took me out in the spring and i have been hooked ever since. i havent really been on deeperblue a lot. but when i saw the contest i was like hell, might as well throw my number out there. this year i have shot 15 suckers, 1 sheepshead in lake michigan and 2 carp so my rough fish total is 18
i shot a 12 1/2" perch and shot a pretty small bluegill through one eye and out the other. so.. idk if those are any anythings. but im hoping to pass all u guys up soonrofl

first picture is one of the pictures of suckers i have shot. top one is fleshys and 2nd to top is waldos

second picture is me and flesh at michigan. his huge carp and my sheepshead

third is my perch and then the blue which i shot through the eye. but did break the eyeball just went through the sockets.

Attachments

• 82240006.jpg
    82240006.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 166
  • michigan.jpg
    michigan.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Perch.jpg
    Perch.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 165
heres my first carp ever! shot it on the plover river just down the road. Didnt weigh it though cuz i dont have a fish scale. but hoping to get one soon. i shot a second one but it wasnt much of any size. about the size of a huge sucker.

Attachments

• S5002129.jpg
    S5002129.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 159
i have forgot to post my rough fish after bgill took the lead from me i lost track of what i was doing but my rough fish total now is 93

yea i know it is! man the first time i went i was hooked. i only had the gun in my hand once and i shot a sucker where no one has ever seen a sucker. pretty lucky. and it wasnt even spearing that got me hook it was seeing the bottom of lakes and how cool the look and structures. and i never new while in the water you could touch pike with your hand and follow bass the size of my torso. its pretty crazy, but i love it :)

shot two suckers about a week ago and 4 carp and 3 suckers yesterday. im up to Rough fish total is up to 26! and i just got a new Rob Allen so ill see how that gun treats me

in the pic.

waldos 4 fish on the left the rest are mine on the right

Attachments

• meandmikewithcatch.jpg
    meandmikewithcatch.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Whopperhead
Just to let you guys all know, with the four fish in that pic above, I now have a Rough Fish total of 8! With 1 carp and 7 suckers...

Looks like the young bucks are going to have a go at it. Better keep on eye on them, Curmudgeons.

~ "Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill."

Haha yeah like we are ever going to get anywhere near you guys, I just figured if we want to ever have a chance its better to get more involved with everything. And the fact that it is a ton of fun!

7 more suckers shot today in the central part of the state.

Jon Bano shot 2 suckers w/pole spear

I shot 3, one with a polespear! That brings my Rough fish total to 11!

And Ethan Winker with 2, one of which he thought was a carp until after he shot it, It was 28" and 9lbs!!! Biggest sucker i've ever seen!

Nice shootin guys!:martial

Attachments

• n731590250_3863973_2532.jpg
    n731590250_3863973_2532.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 173
Waldo,
Looks like you got into some redhorse. Be careful where you hunt those, a few WI species are endangered. Those, however, look to be shorthead redhorse, and shortheads are numerous.

Dan,
Great photos! Congrats on the find. Always nice to discover treasure.

Waldo or Ethan - You guys don't still have that REDHORSE do you? It's VERY close to the Record- the current Record is 9lb 5oz and 27.5" Long.

These aren't that kind. Plus a warden told the guys that that one was the biggest one he had ever seen, and yea its dang close to a record. Winks is the unchallenged "sucker king" I have to admit. Although last week hunting in the same place I got a two for one shot which was pretty sweet.

Ive shot 2 Carp, and at least 4 suckers. That brings my roughfish total on the year to 6 !

yea i shot that...well it went a little over the 9 mark but max it would have been 9lb 3oz. so it wasnt a record but dang close. defintely was a record in length tho.

and i was just thinking....we used mikes little brothers scale that is probably off by three pounds so it possibly could have been a record

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT