• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2012. started with 12+ who knows what will bring 2013 ;-)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Branko Petrovic

Apr 4, 2011
I will put more informations later, and videos. All was recorded with 4 cameras, one is undervater. everythig was filming long before my atempt. this was firs atempt, and only.
I would joust like to thank to Eric Fattah and Vedrana Vidovic, their informations really helped me! More than you can imagine! Now with new perspective and aproach to static... fells like there are no limits!!! Next task aplay this to other disciplines, hopefully with their help we will have more fun :)
And also thank everybody that helped me, and belived in me during my litlle adventure :) and also thank to ones that did not! they gave me a lot of motivation ;-)
Adventure will go on! ;-)
ps: 12:11min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvVkp1h5Q1U&feature=youtu.be

Wow Branko, huge congratulations. When will the world record attempt be ;)

Congrats, Branko! Unbelievable! Was it officially sanctioned by AIDA, by CMAS, or was it just an unofficial record attempt?

Official record attempt. but I had no A level judge so it will count I think only as a national record by AIDA. Officiall WR will be as soon as I get money to pay trip for the A level judge. :)

OK, great, I'll put it up in the ranking. Can you tell me the place and the date? I suppose it was yesterday (8/1/2011), was it?

Crazy! :duh Huge congratulations and good luck on your future record(s)

Actually it was 7.1.2012. Belgrade, Serbia
I wanted to post it yesterday, but I was really busy selebrating with my friends ;-)

OK, it is up in the ranking: http://apnea.cz/ranking.html?STA+pid:1825

And I posted a short blog entry about it too: APNEA.cz - Blog

I think it should now be rather easy to get a sponsor for the official WR attempt. Just contact some companies, they would have to be stupid to refuse you.

BTW, Branko, due to some data loss earlier last year, I am missing some of your previous individual records. So please look at it, and please send me the details of the missing performances

ok. i will :) thanks :)
well we will see, what I really want to to is no limit, variable, and FIM!
when I promised to some companies some records, if they help me, they tought I am crasey. I hope they will listen me now, but I can always get back to spearfishing. :)
once a spearfisherman, always a spearfiserman :)

Holy crap!!!

I am renaming you The Dude :D

Congratulations, that is just astonishing.

Cheers,
Ben

I will put more informations later, and videos. All was recorded with 4 cameras, one is undervater. everythig was filming long before my atempt. this was firs atempt, and only.
I would joust like to thank to Eric Fattah and Vedrana Vidovic, their informations really helped me! More than you can imagine! Now with new perspective and aproach to static... fells like there are no limits!!! Next task aplay this to other disciplines, hopefully with their help we will have more fun :)
And also thank everybody that helped me, and belived in me during my litlle adventure :) and also thank to ones that did not! they gave me a lot of motivation ;-)
Adventure will go on! ;-)
ps: 12:11min

Largest Static apnea ever by Branko Petrovic 12:11min - YouTube

Congratulations Branko :)
You are no.1 now , everybody knows that !!!!!

ps: thanks :)

Congratulations, 12 minutes is such a long time!

I have a request though: Could you change whatever music you used on the video? We cannot view this video in Germany due to some licensing issues with the music companies, GEMA in this case. I fear other countries might have the same problem.

Wow Branko, you're the new friendly giant!

I hope you get to understand how and why and what is working for you so well, so we the whole freediving community can learn and grow!

Hopefully You'll get some good sponsors soon so you can train and explore humanities abilities more!

Truly amazing!

I would joust like to thank to Eric Fattah and Vedrana Vidovic, their informations really helped me! More than you can imagine! Now with new perspective and aproach to static... fells like there are no limits!!!

I love the fact that you make it sound like it is so easy for you!

I'm sure we'd all like to know what new perspective and approach is that makes you feel there are no limits... Or is it top secret? ;-)

Last edited:
Congratulations Branko!
That is huge:duh

one question: did You warmup before this static??(I mean, did You do any little statics before), or was it first breath hold that day?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT