• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2012. started with 12+ who knows what will bring 2013 ;-)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Astonishing, I'm out of words! :duh

I hope you would set the official world record in a competition, that would be even more (if that's possible) respectable. :)

Good grief. Mate that is BRILLIANT!
Huge congratulations.
Now divers will be judging their own performances off yours. "I had a great static today, I did 1/3 of a Branko!"

To put it in perspective, whilst Branko was doing his static, a person could:
1) Cook a steak; then
2) Boil an egg; then
3) listen to Chopin's Minute Waltz.

Or, you could listen to the entire Lacrimosa EP by Kalafina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrimosa_(Kalafina_song)

Or they could just listen to the Minute Waltz 12 times :D

What else could one do in 12 minutes 11 seconds? I'm curious to hear...

... and an average resting person would inhale and exhale 150 times in that time

To put it in perspective, whilst Branko was doing his static, a person could:
1) Cook a steak; then
2) Boil an egg; then
3) listen to Chopin's Minute Waltz.

Or, you could listen to the entire Lacrimosa EP by Kalafina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrimosa_(Kalafina_song)

Or they could just listen to the Minute Waltz 12 times :D

What else could one do in 12 minutes 11 seconds? I'm curious to hear...

And it's hard boiled egg, medium-well steak. Next time steak will be well done, this time just STA was well done

congratulations Branko!

New expressions too:

Diving for Branko minutes!

I'll be there in a 'Branko minute'.

I think he better try for a solid 12' first. You know the idea of 'going for it' is demanding.
And there is also a point to making it look solid for the camera. A heavy samba isn't exactly a tv promotion. I hope he'll have some HD camera's and enough lights to show his body, face, person and performance in a vibrant way.

To bad he's not allowed to wear heart-rate and O2 monitors*, so one could add those data to the recording. I would love to see more ways of monitoring of static, because it would help to show to people what is going on, what skills are employed.
Also a Branko voice over explaining his feelings and thoughts during the dive would be an awesome addition to the video. Actually if you mix in some visuals of Branko spearfishing I think it would make for a special compelling video.

*Allowing recording of heart-rate and O2 in AIDA rules would be helpful to the promotion of the sport. Off-cause I don't want athletes or coaches to be able to get cues from these devices while performing.
But it would add another way of cheating and more work for judges to monitor.

I think he better try for a solid 12' first. You know the idea of 'going for it' is demanding.
And there is also a point to making it look solid for the camera. A heavy samba isn't exactly a tv promotion. I hope he'll have some HD camera's and enough lights to show his body, face, person and performance in a vibrant way.

To bad he's not allowed to wear heart-rate and O2 monitors*, so one could add those data to the recording. I would love to see more ways of monitoring of static, because it would help to show to people what is going on, what skills are employed.
Also a Branko voice over explaining his feelings and thoughts during the dive would be an awesome addition to the video. Actually if you mix in some visuals of Branko spearfishing I think it would make for a special compelling video.

*Allowing recording of heart-rate and O2 in AIDA rules would be helpful to the promotion of the sport. Off-cause I don't want athletes or coaches to be able to get cues from these devices while performing.
But it would add another way of cheating and more work for judges to monitor.

I would vote for this too. Great in comps, for the audience.

To bad he's not allowed to wear heart-rate and O2 monitors*,
Yes, he is. He just must not have any direct or indirect (i.e. through the coach) access to the data during his performance. So having a HR/O2 recorder, without the watch, or with a blinded display and silenced alarms does not violate the rules.

Does anyone know if using heart rate monitor is forbidden in other sports?

Yes, for example the IAAF (athletism) has a similar rule, rahter general, used besides others to ban HRM:

IAAF competition rule #143 state:
http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/imported/42192.pdf

Assistance to athletes

For the purpose of this Rule the following shall be considered assistance, and are therefore not allowed:
(c) pacing in races by persons not participating in the same race, by athletes lapped or about to be lapped or by any kind of
technical device.
(d) possession or use of video or cassette recorders, radios, CD, radio transmitters, mobile phone or similar devices in the arena.
(e) use of any technical device that incorporates springs, wheels or any other element that provides the user with an advantage over another athlete not using such a device.

Last edited:
Astonishing, I'm out of words! :duh

I hope you would set the official world record in a competition, that would be even more (if that's possible) respectable. :)

and it will be repeated on the competitio in front of A level judge :)
step by step ;-) at 7:30 was first contraction. as for you who are not able to open it I will post new one just to finish it. I am not genious with computers :/
sorry :(
I hope that on this new video you will be able to see my face better :)
I wasnt even close to hipoksia, you will se it by my face, it is much better to get fully clean than on much bigger time with light samba, because it leaves bad impresion and scares people which are not familiar with the sport :)

and it will be repeated on the competition in front of an A level judge :)
step by step ;-) at 7:30 was first contraction. as for you who are not able to open it I will post new one just to finish it. I am not a genius with computers :/
sorry :(
I hope that on this new video you will be able to see my face better :)
I wasn't even close to hypoxia, you will see it by my face, it is much better to get fully clean than on much bigger time with light samba, because it leaves bad impression and scares people which are not familiar with the sport :)

Branko that hypoxia comment is now turning my impression of you into someone from another world. 12 minutes and not even Hypoxic??? :duh

Maybe someone can help Branko out editing his video together?
Contact some sponsors and put their banners in there, add some comments too, the things I wrote in my previous post.

Tip, post on DB the 'long' link, so the forum software will display the video window.

Just a question about last year's progress, how much did you progress in terms of CO2 tolerance, O2 tolerance? Do you think your deep spearfishing as a training for static is more time efficient then pool training?

Have you got any sisters wanting to try to take the WR static? LOL :D

Last edited:
Hey Branko,
would you tell us about some details of you new training approach, in case it is not a secret.
I would be very anxious about it!

Congrats from me as well!

Torsten

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT