• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2james 3rd annual keys kraze

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
willer, i will probably be flying down, (being as my dad's a pilot ..)

im still not sure if im going or not, i will know by the end of the month (when i get my report card, ouch.:head)

willer, how are you heading down>?

an extra speargun, sounds good to me...

cheers,

ps. does anyone have an overly convincing argument i could use on my dad>? thanks

Originally posted by thin_air

ps. does anyone have an overly convincing argument i could use on my dad>? thanks

Yeah, tell him you're going to need to be there to keep an eye on Stephan and Cliff. Look at it as community service.

sven

Originally posted by icarus pacific
Yeah, tell him you're going to need to be there to keep an eye on Stephan and Cliff. Look at it as community service.
Oooohhh - ouch.

Looks like i'm going to have to start a little blacklist on who can actually win any prizes during the week :hmm

Hey, purely for safety's sake, you understand.

sven

And what has the poor boy done to deserve such a punishment?
Surely road crew with "Big boy-loving Bob" is a better option?

Thin_Air: arguments such as "character building", "Life-forming" and "educational" should convince your father. At least he will know that you'll be drunk most of the time!

.....and don't forget it will surely be a 'cultural' experience!

:duh

-Mike

vince, if it comes under scrutiny, have them give me a call. :t

anderson

ps. you can also tell them that you'll be learning more detailed safety techniques. like what things not to shoot at (ie. your dive buddy, rocks, the boat, and scuba divers)

Last edited:
You mean we DON'T get to shoot scuba divers?

Vince, just tell dad how OLD some of these guys are and you will be ok.

hey now! watch your mouth, little man! don't want to upset some of our teammates! although, i AM entering my 4th decade next month. :waterwork

In retrospective, I think that if I had given the proper chance and direction, who knows, I could've been a "Bell diver", a constant ballast record holder (shyeah right!), a hyperbaric medical doctor, a skydiver -whatever.
My meaning is that you should expirience into wide directions when your young, because those expiriences might change your way of life afterwards (turning vegeterian? hitting AA before the age of 18?).

As a person that is constantly changing (and especially as a child), a good expirience will help you "evolve", while a bad one won't, or might even set you in the wrong direction.

You should try to convince your dad that you think it's a good expirience for you.
it's a freediving kraze(even before spearing) after all, how can it get wrong?

And being happy is also a very important thing (if not the most), so what could be more important?

I hope I'm helping....

actually Vince, I'm looking forward to you showing me some stuff. After those numbers you dropped a few weeks back, I'll dive with ya, no prob.

sven

Just tell Pops that Willer needs a Wing-man for Key Crazy After-hours!

:friday

Tell your folks that this is a sport in which you excel and you would like to meet others that share the same passion. Your dad has the other pilots to "talk-shop" with @ work. Not so lucky with Spearfishing/freediving ion Ontario.

Although I have an X in Guelph that could hold her breath for a long time....

:chatup

Willer

actually Vince, I'm looking forward to you showing me some stuff. After those numbers you dropped a few weeks back, I'll dive with ya, no prob.

jeeee, coming from the sultan of smooth that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside...(that might also be the fact that im not totally awake...)

rig, thats an excellent idea, i never thought of telling him how old some of you guys are... im sure he will say yes no problem now...

andrsn, i will email you...

shadowkiller, i used those excuses for the PFD clinic i went to, i dont know if they will work a second time:hmm

DeepThought, i think thats an excellent idea, its will be an eye opening experience for me...

does anyone have any idea how i can justify not going to school for a week>?

cheers,

TEAM NORTH COAST has Member # 3

J. Martindale -

we're growing.....

Wilelr

Originally posted by thin_air

rig, thats an excellent idea, i never thought of telling him how old some of you guys are... im sure he will say yes no problem now...

i'd imagine some of us might be the same age as your parents, vince.

anderson

Originally posted by andrsn

i'd imagine some of us might be the same age as your parents, vince.

anderson

i think i would have to agree...oh well, as long as you dont act like my parents while im there:naughty :naughty .... rofl

ok - lets talk $$$. if I'm going to be putting some cash aside for this little party, how much am I looking at? what's the going rate for charters/camping and such?

Willer

TEAM NORTH COAST

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…