• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2nd&3rd March 2007, Maribor: MAD CUP 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SanSan

Apr 22, 2005
Hi everybody

I would like to annouce the MAD CUP 2007 competiton that will be caried out in the same pool as the World Championship 2007 in Maribor.

You will find all the info you need on the official website at mad07.h2oteam.com. There is also an on-line registration form available that will help you register.

All who would like to try out the pool and test the organizer before the actual WCh is welcome to attend. For all of you that won't be comming we will try to have the results on-line almost real time. Maybe even some pics.

Clicable link: home | freediving competition Maribor Apnea Days MAD CUP 2007

Sandi Bitenc
H2O team

Last edited:
I hope this year the competition is going to be even better than last year. Competing with these world class athletes is gong to be a real challenge and good opportunity to learn something new.

Since yesterday all the city is cowered in snow, very nice snowy idyll!

I hope, there won't be snow in March in Mariobor (out of the ski-trucks :)).
I'll be there also.

World class freedivers - it will be a good competition, I think. Though I don't have that much chance against them. :D But hey - the biggest challange is to go over your own limits, and I will be on it. :)

Jee

Hey Jee

I'm really happy you will be joining us again this year.

Thanx,
hope this year I can pass the 4 minutes mark. :D
If I think about it, I had some "nice" results on different competitions. :)
The last one was on MAN III (DYF 40m!!!! rofl ).

I'm happy also to go there.

Jee

11 countries and 40 competitiors registered till now. There are still 6 days for registering and still a few places left...

Will keep you posted on the results and maybe a new WR...

See you tomorrow at the pool! :)
For the travellers - have a safe flight/drive/walk :).

Jee

Today is the DNF competition. The first start will be at 20:30. I have published the results page where you should be able to track results almost real time. In the first table you can see who is starting in the next 2 starts, their announced perfomance and official top. After this table there are results tables. If you will follow the results any comments on publishing improvement would be greatly appriciated.

Lets hope for the best now :).

btw. We now have 13 countries registered and there is a romour a World Record may fall...

What an excellent idea,

Those 'almost live updates' were kind of exciting, over the last 2 hours i reloaded the site a couple of times and was surprised at every turn. Wiliam Winram did a big big 150, so he's first so far for the gents, and Elisabeth Kristoffersen did 107, first so far for the ladies. It's a shame Eva Johnsen DQ'ed, though, cause she can go over 100 as well; what happened?

Great work, Sansan, thank you.

Great results so far. Hey Will are ya going to leave any national records for the rest of you canucks? :t

Lots of DQ's in the mens so far - the guys must be pushing pretty hard. Bad luck too Eva - hopefully wasn't anything too nasty.

Just waiting on the static results now... good luck to all.

Cheers,
Ben

How's that for live feeds - static has been updated in the 3 minutes it took me to write my last post!

Static Men:
Christian Maldame 6.55
Ales Seliskar 6.37 (NR)
Stig Severinsen 6.27
Will Winram 6.02
A few DQ's as well including Peter Pedersen for SP.

Static Women
Elisabeth Kristoffersen 5.40
Karla Fabrio 5.15 NR

Looks like no DQ's in the ladies, unfortunately Eva did almost a minute under her AP so lost a lot of points.

Hey guys. How do you like our results machine so far? :) lots of trouble here though. I had to change some of the subroutines but now its working like a charm.

Everybody seems to be satisfied, the competitors and the judges. We also learned lots for the upcoming world championships.

We are having a brake now and will be going for new DYN records in a few hours.

I also added overall and MAD CUP results after the first two disciplines. It's going to be a tough race...

I'll update the overall results realt time also.

Reactions: trux
A strange thing is that my explorer couldn't cope with the results page but Firefox does - but my machine is odd anyway.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT