• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2nd&3rd March 2007, Maribor: MAD CUP 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Waterysmile,the page opens but you must wait for a minute or two ...
Congratulations Mitja for 139DNF!!

wow, peter pedersen 205 meters! excellent work. Elisabeth Kristoffersen 154 meters.

Beat me to it Jorg :D Bloody hell, what a dive!

Well done Peter, and well done Elisabeth as well!

Why was Henning a no-start in static and DYF? Sick?

Greetings from slovenia!

First of all some BIG congratulations to Sandi and the rest of the crew for arranging this comp. This is one of the best organised competitions I ve ever attended. Thanks!!!

The thing about Henning is -like Ben is suggesting - he was sick! It looks like the flu with fever and coughs. So that just puts his 137m DNF into perspective!

Stig was the overall winner which included an amazing 152m DNF. Concrats to you my friend.

My own 205m was a strange experience...
Contractions before 75m, lost my noseclip passing 35m, but kept feeling good, so when I felt that I had the energy to make the turn, I did...Nice one! And a NICE pool!!!!!
2m deep at the ends and sloping down to 2,2m in the middle. This is REALLY something to look forward to for those attending the Indoor-WC 2007 and the next MAD CUP.

Peter P

Yes, very nice one Peter. Nice to hear that it is a great pool, really looking forward to going there. My guess is that the dynamic comp this WC will be something extra. Perhaps it will take a 200+ performance just to make it to the finals!

Another 150+ by Elisabet aswell. Good job

Some photos here: Send Havfruerne til VM » - MAD CUP 2007, Slovenien
including Eva and Elisabeth's brief picture guide to Maribor for WC 2007 travellers. There are more detailed photos of the facilities (are the changing rooms unisex? where is the nearest sandwich machine? how many dorm rooms per shower?), but it's gonna cost ya... ;-)

Reactions: BennyB
Thanks Peter. It was realy a pleasure to have you all on the MAD CUP and I promise we will get even better on the WCh and in the MAD CUPs to come.

I'll try to find out why the web page doesn't open for some of you. For me it works fine.

I'm also collecting all the pictures and should have them in a few days. There is also some video clips that will be put on the website and the media footage that we will hopefuly get sent in.

SanSan, Triton was right in that today I opened the results page with Explorer 6 and it took 2 or 3 minutes to load but it worked.

Sandi, thanx for organizing - it was the usual high level - even a bit better, than the 2006 MAD CUP. :)
Gratulations for the winners, the new National Record holders, the results were really impressing!

The results were really impresive in DNF: ten freedivers over 110 meters. And Peter over 205 was really something! Congratulations to Mitja for 139 DNF and an unbeatable (at least for some time) slovenian record. To Ales for a static slovenian record (I hope beatable soon :) ) and an impresive second place overall in statics! To William and Stig for very strong DNF. To Elizabeth for winning in just about every discipline and category... I hope the main prize (vacuum cleaner) will come in handy! rofl
And last but not least: congratulations to organizers and to all who came to an afterparty. It was crazy and the Croatians won in that departament! :friday )

Miha

Excellent organisation all around, big thanks going to the entire team who pulled this great comp together!

Great diving too, lots to learn just being around some of the best freedivers around. Gotta pick up my game if i want to stay in top...20! :)

serge

I made some changes to the site and it should open a lot more smoothly in IE6 now, but there won't be any moseover effects on buttons... It's complicated but I hate IE... Everything's fine in IE7 and FF though. Please check and let me know if it's ok now. Thanx.

Btw. I'll try and put some videos on-line tonight. Will let you know when they are up.

To Sandi and the rest of the team congratulations for the organization!!!( and thanx for the ride to Trieste:) )
Congratulations to the competitors for the great results! I'm sorry that I didn't congratulate to everybody in person...see ya next time;)

SanSan, there is just a minor cosmetic problem in MSIE7 - in some configurations, the logos are missing because you link them through mad07.h2oteam.com but they are then redirected to sl.mad07.h2oteam.com. It normally works, but as soon as the user has slightly higher security settings, the redirect will fail and only a placeholder is displayed. Generally, I'd advice against using sub-domains for this purpose. Subdirectories are much better suited for it. Besides the mentioned problems with images or other embedded content, using of sub-domains makes tracking users much more complicated, because each sub-domain uses a separate cookie. So if you analyze statistics, or use (or plan to use) session ID's, such method will cause havoc in your programming.

Hey hey hey....... come on, Peter, Stig and Elisabeth did their surface protocol pretty damn quickly and easily, I think they had a few more metres left in them. Try harder next time guys :t

Only jokin :D Brilliant stuff from all. Well done.

Amazing performances! Just a small note: after seeing the "pulling" on Peter's and Stig's video, I'd like to invite those who do not agree (but also those who do agree) with the rule penalizing such detail by -20m, to read more about it and leave their vote in the poll http://forums.deeperblue.net/freediving-competitions/70378-dynamic-comp-rules-pulling-survey.html

So if you think that penalizing the pulling or grabbing of the line, pool edge, or another support by the loss of 10 points (20 meters) is incorrect and damages the sport, please cast your vote. If you are persuaded the pulling rule is justified and necessary, please participate in the poll too. If the rule remains valid, it is necessary that it is being applied always and for all in the same way, which is currently not the case.

The rule says the athletes shouldn pull themself before the exit of the mouth. I think Peter has his mouth out of the water before he realy drops on the line it is maybe a bit more unclear but would still give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think that this rule apply here and penalizing them would be wrong.

Congratzzz SanSan ! Sounds like it was a great competition. Pitty i could not be there like last year, but next year I will be there for sure.

p.s. I cannot see any results. Just a blank frame with some fields on the bottom including a login button ???

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT