• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2nd&3rd March 2007, Maribor: MAD CUP 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Glenn

To bad you couldn't be here we realy had a great time. But I'm sure you will be here in July...

About the results... It's a mistery to me... Should have something to do with server chaching. They are back on lina again.

Last edited:
The rule says the athletes shouldn pull themself before the exit of the mouth. I think Peter has his mouth out of the water before he realy drops on the line it is maybe a bit more unclear but would still give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't think that this rule apply here and penalizing them would be wrong.
I definitely agree that penalizing would be wrong, but as far as I see on the video, the grabbing of the line in both cases came clearly still when the head was completely under water. I viewed the video in slow motion and frame by frame, and do not have any doubts about it. On the other hand, the video can be always inexact and the reality might have been different - however, that 's not the question here. The problem is the rule and the inadequate penalty. I believe that the rule and the penalty damage the sport, bring no advantage, leave space for misjudgments and result manipulation, and simply have absolutely no reason for existing. If you have your doubts about the rule, or if you are persuaded that it is correct and Stig and Peter ought to be penalized, make sure to cast your vote in http://forums.deeperblue.net/freediving-competitions/70378-dynamic-comp-rules-pulling-survey.html. Since there are also AIDA officials following the thread, hopefully a change can be made, if sufficient number of experienced freedivers express their opinion.

I'm updating photogalleries and videos on the site as I have time. There are already quite some pics and vids uploaded and still some more to come.

home | freediving competition Maribor Apnea Days MAD CUP 2007

very nice videos!!!!! the best is the film where the man bumped his had on the wall.... .
come more?i would like to see the underwater video from peter ...
i believe its fantastic....,but perhaps not because the noseclip.....;-)

have fantastic dives !!
andi

I don't have the UW video from Peter because we had only one UW camera and the cameraman was filming Stig at the time...

I still have some judge videos to upload nad I get some more pics tomorow and some more media footage. And thats about it then.

May I just say this is probably the most impressive handling of competition publicity I've seen (internet wise, which is really the only visible part outside of one's home country).

Really looking forward to the world champs!

Hi,
I wanted to download some ot the beautiful underwater videos on my computer, but didn't succeed, the firefox video downloader continued to repeat me that the URL was wrong. I could run them, but not download. Any idea what could be the problem?
Thanx,
Ivo

The problem is that you can not downloas the wvx file. Wvx file is needed for streaming and is also a kind of a simple precaution against downloading videos. :naughty

But actualy I didn't complicate too much so you can download videos if you change the link at the end when it says .wvx into .vmw. I would like to ask everybody that is downloading and maybe using this videos elsewhere to note that it was shot at MAD CUP 2007 and is the propperty of club H2O team. I hope its not too much to ask.

Thanks for your answer Sansan, i didn't know that, sorry :(
Anyway,my intention was not video piracy ... :) Since my internet access is limited by a flat rate, i just prefer to do the data transfer only once, that saves some MBs. And some of the videos on the MAD cup site I would like to rewatch again and again, they are good staff to learn from by seeing and comparing the different styles and techniques of the athlets. So, just for my very privat use ...
Thanks again for your hint,
Ivo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT