• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA DEPTH WC 2009 in the Bahamas.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Site looks great!
Pete Scott and I should come down there and set up a booth - narrate the whole thing as it happens - live webcast - like those morons who do the football games.

Reactions: kelp princess
Site looks great!
Pete Scott and I should come down there and set up a booth - narrate the whole thing as it happens - live webcast - like those morons who do the football games.

Yes. I am sure that between the two of us we can fill 3 hours of internet broadcast time discussing the importance of ankle flexibility for CNF and based on those parameters, who the favourites are.

Oh and who looks best in a wetsuit and the intimidation factor...

Exactly my thought, Pete.

We could bring mainstream sports boorishness into the world of freediving.

And don't forget those embarrassing personal details that can have such a profound affect on perfomance!

And hold up signs with numbers judging the best samba performance too :D

Right o! And We'll have instant replay So we can re-run embarrassing facial expressions, nose blowing etc. etc. over and over and over! We'll bring freediving into the mainstream with the 'SnotCam' and 'SambaCam'!

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
Hello Charles, thanks for the Link. The event is called the AIDA World Depth Championships 2010. The vertical blue 2009 event was back in April.

Yes. I am sure that between the two of us we can fill 3 hours of internet broadcast time discussing the importance of ankle flexibility for CNF and based on those parameters, who the favourites are.

Oh and who looks best in a wetsuit and the intimidation factor...

I would watch that and i might even pay for it! rofl

the sportscasting from dean's blue hole has limitless possibilities.

kp

Just wrote a blog post about all the news from the Bahamas and how to get it first News From Bahamas WC Athletes | Shark Freediving

Here's a link to my spreadsheet with all the athletes and their known websites https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuzV3DUanhImdGJhNGZmOFpfWUpZN3lHTEJ4VldYcEE&hl=en

And here a link to a special webpage that gathers all the blog post from the freedivers attending the competition Google Reader - "WC2009" via Jorg

And last but not least here is a link to all news from the bahamas past, present and future on my own website Dwc2009 | Shark Freediving

Reactions: trux

Attachments

• eyeballnavigation.jpg
    eyeballnavigation.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 187
  • theboat.jpg
    theboat.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 187
  • ropediving.jpg
    ropediving.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 192
Just a quick questian about equipment. Anyone using swimskins? The non-buoyant ones. Like Speedo or blue seventy. With 29 degrees that shouldn`t be a problem. I see people like Herbert and Ryuso using suits that must have some buoyancy.

Three years ago I predicted that everyone would be swimming in 1mm shortys. I was wrong - its only me doing it :)

When looking into smaller and smaller details on how to improve your dive: temperature is a major factor among the minor factors I would say. The closer you are to being cold the better. But suits give less friction than skin, so people wear suits.

There seems to be a move away from Elios. A few Oceaners, Orcas and Elios of course. I swear by my 1.5 shorty Elios. In have seen Kerian H in some kind of swimsuit. What the french are wearing me dont know. Winram is buying Trubridge new Orca Free Alpha. I am to try one of Trubridge suits - that will be interesting. That will f- up weighting and I will have to start all over again.

Lots of people are talking weighting and borrowing each others neckweights.

Suitwise I think we are looking for something thin and tight, because any wobblyness in the flesh and we loose hydrodynamics - an issue mainly for the fastswimmers and - I dare say - the women.

Sebastian

Below Kerian shading Will before another highly sucessful dive vieled in secrecy.
Kathryn fiddling with her gear.
The platform and my golden (well) shorty.

Attachments

• shadingwill.jpg
    shadingwill.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 213
  • kathryn.jpg
    kathryn.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 217
  • theplatform.jpg
    theplatform.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
That polypropylene job I used last time I was down there was great. No buoyancy and it kept me cool - Particularly if I sat on the raft wet for a bit - then jumped in - the slight chill felt really nice.

Below
Doing Wills dirty work
Buying conch salad
Typical Bahamian view.

Attachments

• doingwillsdirtywork.jpg
    doingwillsdirtywork.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 235
  • conchsalad.jpg
    conchsalad.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 227
  • bahamas-2.jpg
    bahamas-2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Maybe Kerian is using the Blue Seventy suit he wore in Aarhus. The same as Martin Petrisko amongst others used. It looked like Guillaume were using an Aquasphere suit. Maybe Christian Ernest will be using a shorty??

I'm planning on wearing either 1,5mm elios with long arms and legs or Blueseventy pants, depending on how cold I get before I go into the water and when relaxing by the line prior to the dive. It is one of the things I will sort before the competition.

I'm leaving on Friday!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT