• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

AIDA Results Register

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
In the last two weeks I added results of 41 competition. The number of 2011 competitions in the database is currently 172 (868 competitions in total):

1st Thessaloniki Inter Apnea Games 2011 (GR)
Coupe départementale de Haute-Garonne (FR)
Los Angeles Apnea Challenge 2011 - US Nationals (US)
1° Trofeo Calispera 90 ASD di Assetto Constante (IT)
4° Trofeo Loris Pozzati (IT)
I Open Apnea Catalunya 2010 (ES)
Apnea Academy competition 2011 in Tago (JP)
12th Manazuru freediving classic (JP)
Apnea Academy 2011 indoor competition (JP)
1º Torneio Apneia Total Maceió (BR)
1ra Válida Apnea Clasificatoria 2012 (EC)
7th Cup of Montreal / AIDA Canada Indoor Regional Competition 2011 (CA)
Cup of Russia 2011 (RU)
Les 3 épreuves Apnea City (CA)
Silesian Freediving Cup 2011 (PL)
Hydro Dynamic - Austrian Championship 2011 (AT)
II Open Apnea Catalunya 2011 (ES)
All-Russian Competition 2011 (RU)
IV Cup AIDA Ukraine (UA)
Coupe de Noël du Haut-Rhin 2011 (FR)
Rhein-Main Cup 2011 (DE)
Campeonato Nacional 2011 (VE)
Trofeo Team Security Apnea 2011 (IT)
Championnat de Normandie 2011 (FR)
2° Trofeo H2BO `Bolognapnea` (IT)
7th Submania Apnea Cup 2011 (HR)
IV Cup AIDA Ukraine (FINAL) (UA)
2° Trofeo Asti Blu (IT)
Campionato Italiano Invernale Elite e Indoor per Societa` di Apnea Dinamica (IT)
Championnat de Guadeloupe (GP)
Coupe de France 2012 - 1ère manche (FR)
Open Freedive Liège 2011 (BE)
Niederösterreichische Meisterschaften 2011 (AT)
Toronto Static 2011 Mini Comp (CA)
Vertical Blue 2008 (BS)
FDD November Minicomp (EG)
Slovenian National Championship 2011 (SV)
11th anniversairy of AIDA Belgium (BE)
Danish Freediving Championship 2011 (DK)
Freedive Paradise II 2011 (US)
Open Argentino de Apnea 2011 (AR)

The most difficult task remains finding the results - very few organizers bother about sending or publishing the results. And when they do publish or send them, often they are in a format very difficult to use.

The number of missing 2011 competitions dropped to 18, so if you know about them, or know the organizers, please let me know: APNEA.cz ranking - missing competitions - 2011

Reactions: Kars
In the last two weeks I added results of 41 competition. The number of 2011 competitions in the database is currently 172 (868 competitions in total):

1st Thessaloniki Inter Apnea Games 2011 (GR)
Coupe départementale de Haute-Garonne (FR)
Los Angeles Apnea Challenge 2011 - US Nationals (US)
1° Trofeo Calispera 90 ASD di Assetto Constante (IT)
4° Trofeo Loris Pozzati (IT)
I Open Apnea Catalunya 2010 (ES)
Apnea Academy competition 2011 in Tago (JP)
12th Manazuru freediving classic (JP)
Apnea Academy 2011 indoor competition (JP)
1º Torneio Apneia Total Maceió (BR)
1ra Válida Apnea Clasificatoria 2012 (EC)
7th Cup of Montreal / AIDA Canada Indoor Regional Competition 2011 (CA)
Cup of Russia 2011 (RU)
Les 3 épreuves Apnea City (CA)
Silesian Freediving Cup 2011 (PL)
Hydro Dynamic - Austrian Championship 2011 (AT)
II Open Apnea Catalunya 2011 (ES)
All-Russian Competition 2011 (RU)
IV Cup AIDA Ukraine (UA)
Coupe de Noël du Haut-Rhin 2011 (FR)
Rhein-Main Cup 2011 (DE)
Campeonato Nacional 2011 (VE)
Trofeo Team Security Apnea 2011 (IT)
Championnat de Normandie 2011 (FR)
2° Trofeo H2BO `Bolognapnea` (IT)
7th Submania Apnea Cup 2011 (HR)
IV Cup AIDA Ukraine (FINAL) (UA)
2° Trofeo Asti Blu (IT)
Campionato Italiano Invernale Elite e Indoor per Societa` di Apnea Dinamica (IT)
Championnat de Guadeloupe (GP)
Coupe de France 2012 - 1ère manche (FR)
Open Freedive Liège 2011 (BE)
Niederösterreichische Meisterschaften 2011 (AT)
Toronto Static 2011 Mini Comp (CA)
Vertical Blue 2008 (BS)
FDD November Minicomp (EG)
Slovenian National Championship 2011 (SV)
11th anniversairy of AIDA Belgium (BE)
Danish Freediving Championship 2011 (DK)
Freedive Paradise II 2011 (US)
Open Argentino de Apnea 2011 (AR)

The most difficult task remains finding the results - very few organizers bother about sending or publishing the results. And when they do publish or send them, often they are in a format very difficult to use.

The number of missing 2011 competitions dropped to 18, so if you know about them, or know the organizers, please let me know: APNEA.cz ranking - missing competitions - 2011

Wow! That is a lot of competitions in one year, I hadn't realised there is so many. Amazing

Reactions: jay cluskey
Wow! That is a lot of competitions in one year, I hadn't realised there is so many. Amazing
Yes, the sport grows, and the number of competitions is every year higher. You can see the evolution in the ranking statistics too:

APNEA.cz ranking

evolution.gif

The numbers are not complete - as I wrote, I still miss results of many competitions, and there are many more not on my list at all.

And I guess that 2012 will be bigger again - already now, there are 45 future competitions on the calendar at apnea.cz. What is changing is that there are more and more non-AIDA competitions, and that non-AIDA depth competitions begin to show up too. So from the 45 competitions already announced for 2012, more than half - 25 competitions are from other federations than AIDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: apneaboy
I don't know much, but I know this - AIDA cannot survive without the competition side. To the extent that AIDA has not supported the competitors in the last couple of years in terms of ranking, perhaps people are jumping ship. Why would I want to pay AIDA competition fees If I will never appear in the ranking, for whatever reason?

I appreciate all your hard work on this. Maybe no one else sees it, but I believe AIDA's survival as a relevant organization depends on its ability to get this right.

It seems things are working fine now for the 2 euros.

Trux and others have worked very hard on this, that graph shows how much of a job it has become.

Reactions: trux
It would be naive to think that other federations have better ranking than AIDA, and that it is the reason for competitors leaving AIDA. They can currently only dream about some ranking system. The only non-AIDA federation that has some ranking system is the Italian FIPSAS, but that's no online database like AIDA has, but rather only manually assembled data sheets from individual competitions.

BTW, Apnea.cz ranking and data collection is not funded by AIDA, and the data collection of the +41.000 competitions results from 1999 to 2011 was done without spending any of your tax euros. However if you like and use it, you are welcome to send a donation to support the website.

I understand all of that - just saying that AIDA is not doing itself any favors by letting the ranking system deteriorate over the last few years.

I really do not understand where you see the AIDA ranking system deteriorating. I only see it getting better and better since the end of 2009. It was deteriorating in 2008 and 2009 when the manual Excel sheets stopped to be maintained and the Result Officer failed to add the results to the database. But since the end of 2009, I am not only entering all new competitions (resp. all I manage to find), but I added, completed, and corrected also hundreds of competitions from 2009, 2008 and older. So the ranking was never in better shape than it is now.

Additionally, Simo Kurra recently finished the interface for competition organizers, so it is now possible to have the ranking updated with new results practically live. If it does not happen, it is not the fault of the ranking system, but of the organizers - they were all informed about their obligation to submit the results within 14 days after the end of the competition, but unfortunately only small part of them abide the requirements. And I am afraid that without a pressure and repeated requests from the competitors directly during the competition, and in the few days after it, we won't see any change any soon.

Personally I would advise all competitors who participated at a competition whose results did not appear in the official ranking, to contact the organizer and asking them a refund of their tax fees (2€ per performance).

Perhaps I understand where your frustration comes from - I see you are from the USA, and the USAA is unfortunately indeed one of the worst in sending the results. It is very difficult to get their results, and when they sent them, they are rarely in the required format with all needed details. And I guess that they often do not pay the tax fee either, so it is not surprising US competitors have many their results missing from the ranking.

However you cannot blame AIDA International for that - the organizers, and the USAA were informed, and asked for the results countless times. The requirement are stated clearly in the rules. So as I wrote - if you miss your results in the ranking, contact the competition organizer or the USAA and ask them whether they sent the results, and whether they paid the fees to AIDA Int.

Yea, the list is pretty much fixed now and I think that all the post 2007 problems are a thing of the past. Never had any problem with my results showing up in the data. I think the new means of entering competition results will be much easier on AIDA personnel, especially with the explosion (at least from my perspective) in the number of competitions. I downloaded and listened to the instructions. Just hoping the organizers and judges are all on board with it. 2012 will be an interesting year.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT