• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

airguns: Sporasub One Air 2012!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You can download the operating handbook for the "ONEAIR" as an Acrobat pdf file, titled "Sporasub ONEAIR_rev1". Revision 1 as there have been some changes (like now there are no "red" stickers!). Instead you get this warning.
red sticker replacement.jpg

Guys, my salvimar voutos are still going strong and consistently surprise and impress my with their versatility, ease of use and performance. If you get one remember to get some spare gaskets (particularly if you shoot 8mm spears), and consider a SS line slider if shooting big fish or in caves / around rocks.

They are simple, made tough (glassfibre reinforced nylon parts) and made in italy.

Hey Gazz,
Add that good piece of review/info to the Predathor thread as well. Makes more sense there than here;-)
(I actually finally got a Predathor myself. Well, for a friend but I will get to test it out, too. I agree with the plastic parts. Even though glassfiber reinforced plastics are used widely, Salvi's seem tougher than some other manufacturers').

One thing about the made in Italy/EU marker... It doesn't necessarily mean that much anymore. I am fairly sure the rules now are that if the company feels the major profit enhancing process took part in the EU, they can say the product was made there, too. Hence, Italian luxury hand bags made in China can be said to be made in Italy cuz they were designed there... For other brands, they assemble at home with parts made in China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazz
Hi Gecko, i mentioned the predator here as an Alternative to the now defunct Air-one.

You made interesting points about the "Made in China/EU". To be frank that sounds deceptive and disappointing, if EU companies can have their products made in Asia yet say they were made in the EU.

I hope you enjoy you new gun, let us all know your thoughts about it.

The "One Air" is listed in the Sporasub 2017 catalogue and you can still download the handbook for the gun (revision 1) from the Sporasub website. Apparently its demise has been misreported and the gun even lists on the OZ distributor site via "Aqualung".

Reactions: grantl
I hope that "FLOAT ONE AIR" now comes packaged with each new 2017 year model gun, but maybe it should be fitted as standard. I note that the 50 cm version of the gun is still listed. Has anyone here purchased one?
Float One AIR.jpg

I am nota posed to grabbing one when they are available near me.

I hope that "FLOAT ONE AIR" now comes packaged with each new 2017 year model gun, but maybe it should be fitted as standard. I note that the 50 cm version of the gun is still listed. Has anyone here purchased one?
View attachment 43102

I have a 50cm One Air, it's pretty awesome! My only real complaint with the 50 & 70 is they are negatively buoyant with a reel.

I have the 120 and the buoyancy is good. But it makes sense shorter sizes would have an issue. Lots of guns have, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question ... where would one secure the shooting line if not equipped with a reel? I don't see where to tie it off on the gun. Thanks.

I don't have mine here (and it's rigged with a reel) but isn't there a hole in the small hook under the muzzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see the transverse hole in the front line wrap hook in the side profile view of the gun shown in the 2016 Sporasub catalog, once you magnify the image.

I was looking at a 100cm model a few days ago. I saw a diver walking up the beach so I waiting to see if he had caught anything.
I must say I was very impressed with the look and feel of his gun, he said it was the latest model as he had only just bought it.

Very nice guns to use Mart. I've got the 70 and 110 - incredibly accurate and powerful. They handle really well.
I've also got a 115 carbon predathor which is obviously a 13 mm piston. It certainly feels more powerful/fast than the 110 one air but it's not as nice to handle ( still a nice gun though). I think it's the extra mass of the one air that makes it 'feel' such a nice gun to use. Both of mine have been super reliable too, as have all my pneumatics other than when I've tinkered and caused problems myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: foxfish
I have a 50cm One Air, it's pretty awesome! My only real complaint with the 50 & 70 is they are negatively buoyant with a reel.

I managed to get my 70 to float with a reel by putting on the floaty muzzle and putting foam into the skeleton of the handle. Thats just enough to float it without the shaft

I managed to get my 70 to float with a reel by putting on the floaty muzzle and putting foam into the skeleton of the handle. Thats just enough to float it without the shaft
Many years ago Mares made all their "Sten" models floaters by creating a sealed hollow in the grip handle and closing it off with a butt plate that was retained in place by a metal rod with a screw thread and cylindrical nut. A gasket made the butt plate watertight and the cylindrical nut had a hole drilled through it for a tethering line. Later on Mares just used a self-tapping screw to hold the butt plate in position and then as a cost reduction measure left the grip handles open to flooding which meant that their shortest models became sinkers. I have often wondered why manufacturers don't return to using a buoyancy element in the handle grip space, although this may mean changing the internal frame of their handles. On a long gun there is more than enough buoyancy available from the tank, so this really only applies to medium and short models.

Reactions: DuncM
So I finally got the 70 cm one air in today's mail. It appears to be twisted on its axis ... not sure if I can align it myself or if I should return it to the seller in Spain.

Can anyone chime in on whether I got a lemon?

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 238
Sorry for the poor photos. But I hope you can see that the muzzle end is twisted clockwise in relation to the handle end of the gun. Bummer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT