• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

airguns: Sporasub One Air 2012!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
bingo!! Im sure youll be much happier with that set up. What sort of vis are you shooting in? you say 4-10 foot max, is that the vis?? If so, any more then a double is a waste of reloading time.

bingo!! Im sure youll be much happier with that set up. What sort of vis are you shooting in? you say 4-10 foot max, is that the vis?? If so, any more then a double is a waste of reloading time.
The vis depends on a lot of factors, but usually you will get 10 plus but on wrecks I'm going to limit my shots to 10ft for now.

Hi friends, is there something like cap, to put in front of the muzzle for protecting the hole from dust etc?

and is it better to store the gun verrtical or horizontal?

thanks a lot

No factory made cap, but sometimes people make their own or find something that fits the purpose. That said, I don't have any on my guns. Just be sure you rinse the muzzle well in fresh water after each dive and, especially, if you dive from shore or beaches that you do your best to keep the muzzle out of the sand. And give the odd sand a chance to vacate before first loading.

Store it muzzle down so the seal on the piston is well-oiled.

Best,
David

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't hurt but lots of people don't do it. I guess they make sure to flush out the muzzle before first loading to get rid of any sand that might have gotten in. I wouldn't worry too much.

Has there been any progress in making a better line release? I'm having such a hard time putting three raps of mono,has anybody tried with success?? After a two year hiatus( multiple hand surgeries ) i'm getting back into spearfishing. Thanks again

I called sporasub US they don't sell one air anymore they will service them. Guess I will do the same.

I made one from aluminium, i'd like to have done stainless steel but it's harder to work with and I didn't have time, it wasn't difficult, just cut to shape with a dremel and file it to the right shape. More importantly it allows four wraps and releases them without any issues, which is what I wanted. I'm actually thinking about selling the gun and getting the revo concept, but im still not sure.....

[...] I'm actually thinking about selling the gun and getting the revo concept, but im still not sure.....

Of course, as a Disciple of The Dark Side, it is my duty to talk you out of this... haha.
I saw you have been chatting about this gun on another thread, but I just found a slow mo shot of the gun here:

What I noticed (apart from the spear whip) is that there is not much tug on the bungie at the end of the shot at all. I don't know if the gun is rigged with two wraps, but I doubt that it is more than that? Perhaps ask that specific question in the other thread. My point is that the One Air will give a tug at three wraps and might even do so at four.
I then thought, well that is OK because it probably shoots a quite heavy spear. Turns out that it shoots a 7mm exactly like your One Air. This leads me to believe that the One Air will probably out shoot the Revo (if the shaft sizes are somewhat comparable).
You can depower the Revo, that is an advantage.

If you do get the Revo, then be very careful to change the wishbone at first sign of chafing.
I dove with a guy who had the woodie version and when his dyneema wishbone broke the whole rubber fell off the gun. With the current, it took us a while to locate it (20-30 mins zig zagging down-current on the boat). This happened on his months long holiday on a small Thai island so had we not found it, he would have been in serious trouble.

Reactions: Crispin
Thanks for the info DG, very useful - i'd like to find someone with one so I could compare in the water. I've got to a fairly happy place with the one air now so I may just stick with it, the spear tends to go where its told when it's fired, it tugs at 4 wraps when its up near 30 bar, and it's still remarkably easy to load compared to a wider barrel in the tovarich sl stars I have, depowering isnt my main priority so thats not a dealbreaker, although now they have stopped making them I wonder how long we'll be able to get parts e.t.c for them, which is a bit of a worry, ive shot Kingfish and snapper over here with it and it's performed really well, I guess im just a gear junkie in search of the best bang for buck I can get - seems every gun has it's issues though, and having resolved most of the Air One's i'll probably leave it for now in all honesty - or at least till summer comes around here and I get an itchy trigger finger again :)

Haha, that makes good sense. I am guilty of wanting new guns, too just because... hmmm, well just because!

In terms of spare parts for the One Air the only thing I would worry about is the seal in the muzzle. That one is special one that I have not come across it when I have been hunting for seals (rubber, not furry) outside of the gun suppliers.

I am not sure, because in general I have given up on anything Omer, but I do think they may have a vac muzzle for the newest Airbalete, too. Or some other gun in their range. And I wouldn't be surprised if that uses the same (muzzle) seals. But I will look into that. Point is, I think seals would be available for some years to come.

The rest of the seals in the gun are regular o-rings and for the more mechanical parts I know one or two very good tinkerer/engineers/machinist who could probably keep most guns alive.

Last edited:
I see that you can now download the manual for the 2016 version from the Sporasub web-site. Makes interesting reading in hindsight! Now a float option for the "One Air" muzzle is listed.
Sporasub One Air Float.jpg
one air codes.jpg

Last edited:
I see that you can now download the manual for the 2016 version from the Sporasub web-site. Makes interesting reading in hindsight! Now a float option for the "One Air" muzzle is listed.
View attachment 42717

If I am not mistaken, it's not really a traditional add-on float as for the older, longer Stens. It is a lighter, more buoyant, perhaps slightly bigger version of the 'nose cone' and Sporasub added it to the accessory line soon after launch.
I don't know if it is an issue in the shorter version, but my 120 has the original cone and I have not seen a need for a lighter one and as many of you know, I really like my guns to be well balanced.

I've put the 'floaty' muzzle on my 110 as I found it a little nose heavy. It's simply a slip on replacement which is made of a hard polystyrene. The gun is nicely balanced now. I'll probably get one for the 70 too as it is very poorly balanced. In fact it may require additional buoyancy to sort it properly.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It really is one of my pet peeves this whole buoyancy issue. I know some spearos like their guns a tad nose heavy, but why not design the shortest gun in the range to be neutral and then let the end user dial in less buoyancy if he feels like...
With a 120 that just about floats nicely I am not surprised that the shorter versions become heavy - happens in many series of guns, it seems, especially the ones with power regulator bulkheads.

What you could do is to check if the sealant that I found in the side chambers takes up the whole length of the reservoir or are just end plugs. If the whole length is full of sealant, perhaps you could get rid of it and somehow seal the ends instead. That might be enough mass saved.

I need to compare my 70 with my buddies. Mine has some buoyancy when loaded, although poorly balanced. His I think just sinks.
Ive got to say for a premier air gun I don't believe the quality control is very good.
My 110 was shipped with no o ring seal in the rear transfer valve and held no pressure and my buddies 70 was shipped with a crushed rear outer barrel seal and was also not holding any air pressure.
That said they are really nice guns to use, however I'm probably going to get myself an LG 102 next season. They look like beautifully made guns.

Reactions: Gazz
I need to compare my 70 with my buddies. Mine has some buoyancy when loaded, although poorly balanced. His I think just sinks.
Ive got to say for a premier air gun I don't believe the quality control is very good.
My 110 was shipped with no o ring seal in the rear transfer valve and held no pressure and my buddies 70 was shipped with a crushed rear outer barrel seal and was also not holding any air pressure.
That said they are really nice guns to use, however I'm probably going to get myself an LG 102 next season. They look like beautifully made guns.

Yeah, and my Seac Hunter was leaking in the shop when I picked it up. In reg. to Sporasub, a few years ago, I met a Taiwanese manufacturer who proudly insisted his factory was the one making that gun. Nothing wrong with that, my point about manufacturing overseas is just that you have to be even more diligent in quality control.

In those third world countries "quality control" probably only extends to preventing workers stealing goods from the factory and selling them via Hong Kong, or some other marketing subterfuge, to conceal the source. Like all the "fake" Led Lenser torches that sell for around $50 less on eBay and lack the proper paperwork as they left the plant in a worker's lunch box or its equivalent, but are actually the "real thing".

Guys, my salvimar voutos are still going strong and consistently surprise and impress my with their versatility, ease of use and performance. If you get one remember to get some spare gaskets (particularly if you shoot 8mm spears), and consider a SS line slider if shooting big fish or in caves / around rocks.

They are simple, made tough (glassfibre reinforced nylon parts) and made in italy.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT