• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Alison and Dick Splash

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
It is very difficult to find the words to express the tragic news I have to relay.

Two of our members, [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/member.php?u=2637"]Alison[/colo"]View Profile: a08885@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: a08885</title>@@AMEPARAM@@a08885[/ame] and [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/member.php?u=2669"]Dick Splash[/colo"]View Profile: a08885@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: a08885</title>@@AMEPARAM@@a08885[/ame] (Colin) were involved in a road traffic accident on Sunday 23rd October 2005 and were killed.

Colin and Alison were husband and wife who married last year. Alison was a valued member of this Forum Staff and was someone whom I, and many others respected tremendously and called her a friend. Along with Colin, they both provided a lot of fun and energy to these forums and I will miss them tremendously.

Their funeral was on Friday 28th October 2005 and their ashes are due to be scattered from the Menai suspension bridge sometime in the future when it re-opens.

I am awaiting further news on condolences and we will be organising a tribute that people can contribute to in the coming days. Till then please post in this thread any messages you wish to be passed onto the families.

A very sad day for the world.

Reactions: Donna
..............................................I just don't have the words right now! She was so very dear and considerate with kind words not just duriing the impending hurricane recently, but with all of our interactions. This is sad, sad news. May god be with both of them.

A terrible tragedy. My condolences to everybody who knew them. Can't find any other words.

What terrible news. Alison was a veritable character, unreplacable. May they both rest in peace.

What can i say :(

Really, when i heard the news this morning i was sure it was all a misunderstanding.

How could two such nice ppl have such bad luck in less than a year. First the Tsunami and now this :(

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

There are no words to describe how awful this tragedy is. Alison became a tremendous friend and I will miss her greatly.

Sincere condolences to the family and friends they have left behind.
RIP Alison and Colin

Donna xx

I only heard this dreadful news this morning and feel totally shocked and sad. Alison was incredibly wise, funny, helpful, understanding and I will miss her. She has helped me out of several DB and AIDA political scrapes recently, prevented some other near misses and made me laugh at things that were previously making me miserable. I also know just how much she meant to quite a few of the other mates I have through these forums.

I didn't really know Colin but anyone who was so close to someone that cool, will also be a huge loss.

Condolences to everyone who were close to Alison and Colin. No idea what would be a fitting tribute but if anyone thinks of anything and I can help, let me know.

Sam

xx

Reactions: Freediver81
I don't know what to say. I am totally shocked.

Although I never had a chance to meet them, I knew a lot about them through DB and they were always very helpful, funny and understanding. Alison often gave me good advice.

Condolences to their friends and family.

Lucia

OH NO....., really sorry to hear this terrible news, my deepest condolences to there family and friends.

rest in peace

This is a shock to read this. Even though I never met Alison, I almost feel as though she was a friend just thru our communication on DB.
Condolences to her and Colins family and friends.

Jeff

This was the most afflictive and dramatic thread for me to date in DB,felt really upset,and shocked.
Condolences to everyone

Uh...I met Colin only three weeks ago when spearing in Wales. Alison said she would make it next time. :(
Really, really nice people.
I am lost for words. Sorry. :(

This is so sad… Such a loss for our community… My sincerest condolences to the families of these two wonderful people… I’ll miss them very much. :waterwork :waterwork :waterwork
Dobromir

Alison is someone I hoped to meet at some point due to her amazing character. Colin too. I'll miss them.
Condolences to family and friends.
Warmly,
Erik Young

Alison was one of the nicest people I have met and that was not face to face but just down to this forum. I am shocked to hear that she and her husband Colin have been killed in such tragic circumstances. Long may her spirit live in the world forum...especially underwater. I'll sign that book for you Alison.

i am so shocked to hear this awful news! i emailed Alison only a few days ago and mentioned how i looked forward to diving with her sometime as we had never met. she lived only a few miles from me at the other side of the island -Anglesey. my email was sent after the tragic accident. my deepest condolences to their families and friends.

RIP Alison & Colin

I'm crying as I read. Alison was a witty, dear friend and Colin a genuine hero. Things here will never be the same.

Reactions: Pastor
Terrible news, we spoke a few times about spearfishing in north wales which is where we both dive. Alun and I were hoping we could hook up for a dive next season. My deepest condolances to he falmily and those who knew her.

That is incredibly sad. I had looked forward to meeting them one day. They are a great loss to our community. My condolences to all who will miss them.

Ben

I can't believe what I'm reading either, I just found out a second ago and I'm at a loss of words. I just hope that their time together was happy as they seemed to lead positive and happy lives.

Mark Laboccetta

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT