• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Alison and Dick Splash

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Words cannot describe this tragic loss of two very special people. They will be greatly missed.

Alison was truly a Team Leader and to many she was also an inspiration, a mentor and a friend. Her communications were always kindhearted, welcoming, informative and hillarious.

My deepest condolences to all who were associated with them.

Forever Rest in Peace

Last edited:
:(
I offer my condolences to their friends and family. DeeperBlue and the whole wide world have suffered a grave of loss.
:waterwork :( :waterwork

Tragic news, feel like we have a lost a friend. Condolences to their families. Seems like God wanted someone to teach him how to shoot Bass... Alison was qite an expert!

My Deepest Condolences to the Family and Friends Of Alison and Colin, i Never met them , only through my short time here in DB, but any loss of life is a loss, not only in person, but the wisdom , Knowledge and Humour that they gave to us all.

Goodbye Colin and Alison, I hope you are in your special place, just reading the posts here i Know you have had some effect on all members of DB in some way or other.

She was a truly amazing woman, smart, inspiring, witty, sharing and supporting. Her love and passion for Colin always came trough when she wrote. We shared the passion for travelling as well as diving. They were a couple very much alive with so many plans now abruptly aborted.

Sincere condolences to the family and friends.
RIP Alison and Colin

Mia

Last edited:
This is a poem that was a favorite of Alisons, she recited one evening last summer when we were on holiday:

The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls

The tide rises, the tide falls,
The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;
Along the sea-sands damp and brown
The traveller hastens toward the town,
And the tide rises, the tide falls.

Darkness settles on roofs and walls,
But the sea, the sea in the darkness calls;
The little waves, with their soft, white hands,
Efface the footprints in the sands,

The morning breaks; the steeds in their stalls
Stamp and neigh, as the hostler calls;
The day returns, but nevermore
Returns the traveller to the shore,

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Thats so unbelivable.They were here in DB few days ago and now they had gone. ITs very hard to belive. so tragic. :( condolences to all who knows them.

Last edited:
I still cannot believe it!!
I am out of words but I surely know I will miss them so much. :waterwork :waterwork
Now, their souls are in the hands of God and I will pray to embrace them forever in His Grace.

They will be missed. They were so open and sharing. We prayed for them through their typhoon experience to see them recover and blossom and now this! :waterwork
don

I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear this...
I only knew Alison and Colin briefly through DB, their participation here helped many a rookie spearo like me.
My sincerest condolences to their families and friends.

"...into the arms of your safe harbour, safely home."

(prayer to st. benedict - fr. dennis ward o.s.b. )

Pat

I knew Alison from the spearfishing.com forums. She sent me a pm suggesting that I joined this group as there is a larger number of UK users. I never did until now. What a difficult 1st post.

What amazed me about Alison is that she ALWAYS took the time to reply to questions from newbies. She was always keen to share ideas and experiences.

I never met her in person but view her as my spearfishing Mentor from her posts. Very upsetting.

People are also leaving messages on Spearfishing.com forum.

Paul.

Reactions: Pastor
my condolences.. i've been more of a lurker here in deeperblue, but i've picked up a lot of useful insights from reading their posts. almost seems like i knew them.. rest in peace..

carlo

My jaw dropped when I first read this as I couldn't believe what had happened. How could such nice people who have been through so much, like surviving a tsunami, meet such an untimely end so close to home?

Bless them both- they will be missed. :( .

Jon

I don't have any words... Alison, she was the first posted person for my thread. Condolences to family, relateives, and all their friends.

Though only a newcomer to DB I had quickly realised Alison's contributions were highly valued. My heartfelt sympathies go to both her and Colin's family and friends.

Bad news indeed! :waterwork I too am a newbie but one of the first people I came into contact with was Alison and she was both helpful and tolerant of my inexperience with the topic which is always appreciated when starting new ventures.

Well sympathies to the families they leave behind and let's pray that they have moved on to a better place where the hunting is good, the fish are big and the sea is azure blue and tepid! Happy hunting!

My condolences for the familys of Alison and Colin. A big hugh for all of you, their friends.

I am sure they are in a better place now.

Carlos

Oh my God! How very sad news :( I just found out after reading Sara's post..... No words :(

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT