• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Apnea Training Conference 2007

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trux

~~~~~
Dec 9, 2005
I've just found out (on the French forum EspritApnee) that Apnea Academy organizes an international scientific conference "Apnea Training" in Ligano Sabbiadoro, Italy on 1st - 2nd December 2007. There are many big names on the list of participants:

Freedivers Martin Stepanek, Carlos Coste, Guillaume Nery, Patrick Musimu, Mandy-Rae Cruickshank, William Trubridge, ...

Italian freediving elite Umberto Pelizzari, Michele Tomasi, Paola Parenti, Paola Tagliabue, Stefano Tovaglieri, ...

Spearfishers Stefano Bellani, Renzo Mazzari, Riccardo Molteni, Maurizio Ramacciotti, ...

Scientists Dr. Nicola Sponsiello, Dr. Danilo Cialoni, Prof. Di Prampero, Prof. Guido Ferretti, Prof. Frederic Lemaitre, Prof. Tino Balestra, ...

Coaches Kirk Krack, Mimmo Blanda, Walter Mazzei, ...

It is rather surprising that such an important and star filled event was not promoted, and not even mentioned at DB at all yet (at least I did not find anything in the DB archive).

If you did not hear about it either yet, you can get more information here:

Apnea Academy Official Web Site
locandina%20allenare%20l%20apnea%20inglese.jpg

Well, it was mentioned in the right place to find such information. Sometimes important stuff like this gets cluttered up between all the chit chat. One of the reasons I started Shark Freediving. ;)

Well, it was mentioned in the right place to find such information. Sometimes important stuff like this gets cluttered up between all the chit chat. One of the reasons I started Shark Freediving. ;)
Well, yes, it was mentioned on several other right places (and it is my bad I do not visit Shark Freediving more frequently), but still, beside the chit-chat, DB is THE meeting point of many top freedivers, including some of those listed as guests of the conference, and it is a very valuable source of up-to-date information about freediving, so I have to insist that I find it surprising that it was not discussed here :)

I think that it's too bad that many of the guest listed are NOT participating in discussions on deeperblue. If you look at the list of internationally famous freedivers attending:

Martin Stepanek, Carlos Coste, Guillaume Nery, Patrick Musimu, Mandy-Rae Cruickshank, William Trubridge, Umberto Pelizzari, Kirk Krack.

The only one active on deeperblue is William... Imagine 7 more people like William participating here in interesting discussions.

So who's going from DB? Sounds like something you wouldn't want to miss. At least for europeans that's quite feasible (only one weekend, no need to spend holidays, reasonable flights...)

Negotiations from home we're a bit tight since it's so soon after Sharm, but I'm in :)

I might go - anyone worked out how to get there? looks like Venice is nearest airport but how to get there from Venice??

I am going - fly in to Milan then get a train or rent a car and drive to the conference.

It will probably be 3-4 people from Greece going

Cheers Stavros

I am going with my colleague Peter. Fly to Venice and by car rental the remaining part (about 1,5 hours a guestimate) .
Probably sleep in Venice as our travel companions (read girlfriends) have never seen Venice.

So that would sum up to about 10-12 DB users attending the Conference ??

me and my girlfriend will fly to venice from Portugal.does anyone know if there some other way to get there beside car rental. or if there is the chance to rent the car with more people.at least two more at the conference.
mario

Ok folks - i'm flying into Venice at 18:50 on Friday 30th November. If anyone wants to share a hire-car with me let me know.

I took the missus to Venice a month ago... the wallet still hasn't forgiven me! I'd love to go to the conference, but any mention of the V word in our house will end up costing me another fortune...

Stephan, Yep... count me in to share the car hire (at least for the Venice to Apnea Academy leg). My flight also arrives at 18.50 into Venice on Friday 30/11.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT