• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

best computer...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

in what computer manufacturer do you trust?

• Uwatec (Scubapro)

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Suunto

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Mares

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Sepadiver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • BUddy

• Aqualung

• Cressi

• Dive Rite

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Seac Sub

• Sherwood

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Beauchat

• Dacor

• Tusa

• Blue Eye

• Seeman

• analog instruments

• none of the above

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters

firefox

depthcrazy wreckhunter
Nov 11, 2002
the last weeks, there was a big discussion about the uwatec (scubapro) diving computers and their failures. ... well i also use an uwatec, and never experienced any problems with it, though i'm not quiet sure, if i would buy an aladin a secound time or switch to another calculator.

so please just join the poll and vote for your favorite diving computer and tell me if you still trust in uwatec products?

One that wasn't on your list: VR3- truely the best and most versital computer and possibly the last one you'll ever need. Maybe a little over kill for regular diving but if you go tech. a definate plus.

I totally agree on that! a great computer especially when you don't use air, it's the best joice ever, but as it represents a class on its own, i didn't want to take it on the list... ThanX a lot anyway!

I vote for the one between your ears.;)

Jon:D

I voted sunnto, but I'm slowly growing into the mindset of twin bottom timers.

as for multi-mix computers.... well, you won't find one on my wrist...

Hm

I see that the guys w/ the matching Sponge Bob trousers has both gone for the computer w/ moest games on it ;)

Mia

it's an old Swedish saying...

...that quite possibly the best looking and best spearo's she knows are also snappy dressers. :king

I've been using a Suunto stinger since the start of my diving. Very happy with it. Can't compare it though to other brands.
Only thing lacking is logging of my airconsumption, but that's obvious for a watch-type model.

Fully agree with jvoets, I also use a Stinger, can be worn day to day as a watch and its no fuss operation makes it a cinch when diving!!

jvoets - hup, hup holland!!:)

The best one is between your ears, but I've also used the Suunto Vyper, Dive Rite Nitek (actually, the NITEK marketed by OMS), Sherwood Logic and Aeris Atmos. I actually like the Vyper, but it seems to be a bit conservative sometimes, really limiting bottom time on repetitive dives. The NITEK is easy to use and read (big numbers, simple layout), but having to set it each dive is a real pain (almost impossible in the rain or if you've got water spray to deal with). Also, it won't allow you to set the PO2 or use it as a bottom timer. Right now, I am really partial to the Aeris, which seems to be easy to use, readable, flexible conservatism and can be a bottom timer.

I have a Stinger and a D-3, both of which I set to gauge mode, and then plan my dive out on my d-plan program on my palm pilot.

If I were doing a purely recreational dive, in which case I would probably opt to freedive it instead, I would use my Stinger and throw a few deep stops in for good measure.

Jon

uwatec for sure

hi,
i vote for uwatec. it's the easier for me and i never had trouble with it, even if I don"t know the others.

Well I am going to have to agree with the Lads on this one, VR3 it is... used the Uwatec, nice and clear display.. will be interested to see the Smart Tec when it comes out.... not too fussed on the Suunto range, used that for a few year...

what ever suits you and your diving I guess is the one for you

:p :p

Im new at all this diving stuff...and Im going to get certified in a week or two...but i just wanted to know...is a dive computer necessary for me...cuz i only plan on lake dives...and maybe a trip to Catalina...but would it still be a good for one of us in the group of 4 to get one...and all of us just stick together.

There's always a strong advice against sharing a computer.
You could very well be swimming 1 or 2 meters below the diver with the computer during the dive and build up a lot more nitrogen.

A computer is a very good tool to dive more safely. It is also a good tool to extend your dive time. Where using a table will allow you only a limited time for a certain maximum depth, a computer will take into account that your dive profile is not a rectangle as the table assumes but varies when you follow the bottom.

thnx for your advice...i will save up my money now so i can afford my own...now that i know its not that safe...thnx again

easy to check

I voted uwatec, because itfs good to check depth and deco limit time.
When we dive, we canft consider as on land.
So I vote the computer having a good visibility on diving.

Reactions: jodyfreedive
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT