• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Branko Petrovic 9:20 STA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

balanse

Jul 1, 2008
Few days ago Branko Petrovic broke new Serbian record in STA.
He did amazing 9:20 realy easily so Branko want to go for more.
That is 4 result of all time. Who now, in the future maybe we got a new world champ in STA apnea.
All congr. to Branko!

Wow! That's really something! - Do your think Stefan Mifsud needs to go back to training soon?

It would be cool to read an interview from the Serbian champ, to get to know him!
Videos, photo's please!

Branko_STA_IMG_8098_2.jpg

Branko_Petrovic_N.jpg

Branko_STA_IMG_8103_2.jpg

More details at aida-srbija - Branko Petrovi? oborio NR u STA

I have been told that static attempts get really tough after 9:25 or so. :p

(many congrats, amazing result! I am sure he'll be on double digits soon enough)
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

I remember watching Branko in Belegrade competition just 2 months ago, diving out in severe hypoxia at 7:15min static performance. So I think we all agree, this is rather amazing!

Reactions: trux
I remember watching Branko in Belegrade competition just 2 months ago, diving out in severe hypoxia at 7:15min static performance. So I think we all agree, this is rather amazing!

Apparently, he wasn't in serious training regime back then, unlike afterwards...

Congratulations Branko!

Last edited:
Congratulations Branko!

So he improved by more than 2 minutes in 2 months? Maybe he can share the method....

Was this a competition or record attempt?

It was a record attempt.
As the matter of fact, it was his second record attempt in few days. On the first record attempt he did 9:07, and few days later he improved with 9:20.

He did easy 8:18 NR at the beginning of this april so obviously his times are on a rapid rise.

As the matter of fact, it was his second record attempt in few days. On the first record attempt he did 9:07, and few days later he improved with 9:20.
Was it an official attempt, or just a training time? The website of AIDA Serbia still shows 9'07" as the current national record.

As much as i could understand from him it was an official record attempt(he did better than that in traning). I don't know why AIDA Serbia site wasn't updated...

Last edited:
Is he on DB? Maybe someone should get him to register, then he can tell us himself about the times and how he did it. I am sure there must be some easy way, we just haven't found it yet! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Administrators of our site have a little technical problem. Tomorrow or day after it will be updated with the Brankos official new record of 9'20''.

Goran
AIDA Serbia

Hi everybody, my user name is unusual, means something but is not really important now :) so let me introduce my self I am Branko.
yes two months ago I did 7:12 but it was just two days after I got out of the 20 days in hospital and I was trying to walk. I got injured while spearfishing... :-( thing is I REALLY newer practice Apnea, all I was doing was spearfishing, but because doctors forbidden me to do deep dives for some time I contacted Vedranu Vidovcic, from Croatia, and asked her to help me to improve my static apnea. My idea was to vait more in shallow water. Vedrana did a amazing job! she made me personal training program based on some data I gave her. And it started. Program is very hard !!! I mean very, and you have to have strong will. but now I can do from first maximum 9min.! My maximums on training were around 10:30, on record attempt i got out because my 5 years suit got riper on joint, in the middle of static and I started to freeze. Mifsud, please do not practice, give me a chance :) i am joking of course. Plan is to try to get some sponsors, and then with their equipment to go over 10 min.
I would like to congratulate to Goran Colak on 1. place in Dubai! great time for that conditions!

Hi everybody, my user name is unusual, means something but is not really important now :) so let me introduce my self I am Branko.
yes two months ago I did 7:12 but it was just two days after I got out of the 20 days in hospital and I was trying to walk. I got injured while spearfishing... :-( thing is I REALLY newer practice Apnea, all I was doing was spearfishing, but because doctors forbidden me to do deep dives for some time I contacted Vedranu Vidovcic, from Croatia, and asked her to help me to improve my static apnea. My idea was to vait more in shallow water. Vedrana did a amazing job! she made me personal training program based on some data I gave her. And it started. Program is very hard !!! I mean very, and you have to have strong will. but now I can do from first maximum 9min.! My maximums on training were around 10:30, on record attempt i got out because my 5 years suit got riper on joint, in the middle of static and I started to freeze. Mifsud, please do not practice, give me a chance :) i am joking of course. Plan is to try to get some sponsors, and then with their equipment to go over 10 min.
I would like to congratulate to Goran Colak on 1. place in Dubai! great time for that conditions!

Hi Branko,

Thanks for introducing yourself. How long have you been spearfishing for? How deep and how long are your spearfishing dives? The general rule of thumb is that the maximum dive time is around half of max static, so I would imagine you are actually doing spearfishing dives for 5'15" !!! Amazing !!

I assume you got decompression sickness during spearfishing? Can you share the depth/time profile that resulted in the DCS ?

I am spearfishing for all my life! Actually that is my life :) with 5mm suit 45m, 7.5mmsuit 35m. Max bootom time at some 15m is 6min, more or less from day to day. But mostly is about 3-4 min botom waiting. Usual depth depth from 20-35m. when I an hunting octopuses it is different story, short time at the surface 20 percent of time I am at the surface, 80 down. but dives are short as 2min max. and doing that usually about 6 hours...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kars
Congratulations!!

Actually It was 7:12, plan was to brake previous record for 1 sec :) and I think I was really fine, first contraction was at 5:30! But if you say so, you was watching :) It's amassing what you can do with a great coach! Vedrana thank you Again!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT