• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buy Top Equipment @ The Deeper Blue Shop!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What's up with Scuba Store?

Hi,

Whats up with scuba store now a days?
Its almost impossible to order anything because there is nothing in stock anymore.
The Suunto D3 has been impossible to get, and the same with many things that I really need to continue diving when the water gets colder.

Please, please scuba store. Get your act together and fill up. Scuba Store is the only source I have for freedive equipment, so if their not filling up soon, I have to quit diving for this season...:(

Another thing is their email response time. It really sucks big time. Its ok if it happens a few times now and then, but when it happens all the time, its not good enough with a " We apologise for the delay in replying to you".

Its really a shame because ive got a really good impression of Scuba Store, but now im not so impressed anymore...:waterwork

Smaug,

You might want to try leisure pro for the D3 computer. I got mine through them and it was 230 US I think. www.leisurepro.com Also, the shipping through leisure pro may be a bit cheaper depending on where you are living.

Lee

Originally posted by feign
Smaug,

You might want to try leisure pro for the D3 computer. I got mine through them and it was 230 US I think. www.leisurepro.com Also, the shipping through leisure pro may be a bit cheaper depending on where you are living.

Lee

Thanks for the tip Feign!
I will try Leisure Pro if Scuba Store dont get the D3 in stock pretty soon because in the end of this month I have signed up for a freedive course in Sweden(I live in Norway). I really want to have my own computer to log my dives in this course...

Good luck Smaug.

Make sure you give yourself enough shipping time before the course. Expect leisure pro to take a few extra days over scubastore because it would be coming from the USA.

Lee

Smaug,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the DeeperBlue.net ScubaStore. I've raise the issue with management at ScubaStore and i'll post more information when I have it here.

Thanks!

If you haven't already ordered, take a look at the divers warehouse

http://www.diverswarehouse.co.uk/

They are saying that they have D3's in stock and cost £146. I think thats quite cheap. I have used these guys before ( when I used to scuba dive ) and the service was very good.

HTH

I'm having some trouble with my order on Scubastore also. I had read this thread regarding the availability of the D3, so I e-mailed the store on August 26th to get an estimate on the shipping date. The reply came quickly (within a day), and the answer was that their supplier hope to get some D3s in stock later that week and they should be able to get them by the first week in September. With this information in hand, I placed my order on August 29th.

When the first weekend of Sept came and the status of the D3s on their web site was still "delivery date unkown". I sent an e-mail to the store to check on the status of the order, I did not receive a reply to this e-mail. I waited patiently for another week, and sent another e-mail to scubastore last Sunday, so far still no reply from the store as I am getting more anxious about my order.

I understand the backorder from suppliers is beyond the control of the store, but a customer should receive an order in a reasonable amount of time, or at the very least, be entitled to some communication from the store on the estimated delivery date. Even if the item won't be in stock soon, having some sort of communication from the store can put my mind at ease, knowing that they haven't forgot about my order. I tried to support a freediver-friendly store, but so far I'm not very happy with the customer service. With winter fast approaching, I'd like to get my D3 and still be able to dive it a few times before the lakes freeze over. I'm considering canceling my order if I don't receive any reply soon, and order the D3 from a store with them in stock ready to ship. Which is too bad for Scubastore because they're loosing another customer.

Hi Guys,

I spoke to ScubaStore and have some answers for you.

Over the summer period they have been rather short-staffed and order numbers have been rising. As such they have been pushed to cover all queries coming in. They are very apologetic regarding this and are, as of next week, increasing the number of staff on customer facing duty.

With regards to the Suunto D3 - this is a problem with the supplier. Apparently they have been having significant problems getting stock from the supplier and this has led to a lack of stock for customers.

Overall both ScubaStore and DeeperBlue.net apologise for any problems whilst using the store and rest assured that all effort is being made to rectify these problems.

I will be having several meetings at DEMA with ScubaStore directors and will be stressing all points raised here.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or PM.

Thanks!

Originally posted by daviesd
If you haven't already ordered, take a look at the divers warehouse

http://www.diverswarehouse.co.uk/

They are saying that they have D3's in stock and cost £146. I think thats quite cheap. I have used these guys before ( when I used to scuba dive ) and the service was very good.

HTH

Hmm, now I tried to order the D3 from Diverswarehouse, but with no luck. Seems nobody wants my money...:head
Ordered with VISA, but still I haven't heared a word form them. Diverswarehouse really sucks a**
Sent them a email also last week, but no go :rcard

Seems like I has to buy this computer here in Norway = expensive, or just wait....:waterwork

Hey guys

Yesterday 9/23 i placed an order at the Deeperblue shop. Today 9/24 i recieved the stuf. I find 27 hours delivery time from Spain to Denmark PRETTY DAM FAST.

Most of my Danish suppliers cant manage delivery that fast!!!!!!!!

Joe

Originally posted by jensen
Hey guys

Yesterday 9/23 i placed an order at the Deeperblue shop. Today 9/24 i recieved the stuf. I find 27 hours delivery time from Spain to Denmark PRETTY DAM FAST.

Most of my Danish suppliers cant manage delivery that fast!!!!!!!!

Joe

I know they are fast...if they have the stuff in stock because I've ordered a lot of freedive gear from them before. The problem is when things is not in stock and when you can't get a an answer at all on email. The freedive season is almost over here in Norway so fast delivery or fast answer is a must, so I can order my gear somewhere else!:naughty

Originally posted by jensen
Hey smaug

Did you try the Danish online-shop????????

Joe

Ehh no I ordered the D3 from Adventure Shop with the PC interface for £165,-.
Thought that was a good bargain and since they had it in stock, I ordered it at once. :D

My order from shop.deeperblue.net shipped today. Is there any way to track it or at least to know which day it arrives? It's rather difficult to wait and be home all week.

Odo,
DHL is the courier, I've found that they are not as easy to track as UPS or FedEx. When they first deliver and you're not home they tape a note on your door, letting you know they have been there. I have them leave the stuff on the back porch. Initially they will say no, that they won't do that... you have to sign for it, etc., etc. But eventually they get tired of missing you and they'll start leaving stuff just about anywhere, front porch, back porch, in the dog-house, on the roof.
You could have them deliver to your work or a neighbor who is always home.

Signed,
Roan
A DeeperBlue Shopaholic :hungover

DB

Scubastore is da bomb!!!!!:D combined with DB even better:p
If its in stock, youll get it , no if ands or buts, and always at a competitive price....I've bought at least a half a dozen of masks, Snorkles & Knives, booties. clips, (5m suit for $99):)
Good luck Stephan..

Stupid question...

But are the fin prices on the scuba store 'per fin' or 'per pair'.

I'd rather be able to try stuff on before i buy, but I can always return it, i guess.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT