• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall Spearfishing 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
spearheads said:
I like the new omer knife its looks realy cool did you get the clear glass on the riffle mask. I got a Fuji Finepix f30 and the Fuji WP-FXF30 Underwater Housing. I cant wait to try it, i have been practicing close ups today and a few over types of modes on the camera. Also a underwater torch that glows green when turned on.:)

Yup i went for the clear lenses in the end :D. I will post a picture once i get home, however the knife wasnt in stock at apnea.co.uk (where it was ordered from), but it has been ordered and paid for... and due to arrive with me in early February... so i'm in for a little bit of a wait :(

Glad to hear you are all well,

Huw.

badlander said:
4 hours of driving,thats how it went.
Checked Porthgwara,too choppy.....sennen,too much swell,then drove over to mullion but no joy there either.
Sod it,it's turkey sarnies and TV after all!

what luckrofl
I to have the same luck new camera and housing but no clear water to dive.:vangry

Last edited:
Don't give up fishing just yet. Didn't Santa bring you a torch? Ho! Ho! Ho!

Dave

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showpost.php?p=624753&postcount=1670"]DeeperBlue Forums - View Single Post - Guernsey 2006[/ame]

Santa gave me Rudolph so i can use his nose as a torch.:)
I did get a torch actually. This is my torch but mine is black.
Has Santa given you that housing yet.
nice catch dave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Man Dave
I only live out the back of crantock/ holywell badlander. Not too far from you. Shame about your diving over xmas but atleast you tried. I only surfed when i could but i was good!

spearhead i got one of those torches as a early crimbo present! went for my first night dive with james T the day before crimbo eve. i didnt get anything but james got a doggy! dont no what to make of the night dive it was amazing but one of the scariest things ive done! going to leave the next night dive till summer! hope everybody had a good xmas

:) :) :)

Baby Maya arrived yesterday morning. I was there for the birth and cut the cord! I will never compare childbirth to having my wisdom tooth out ever again!!! Mother and baby both fit and well. It was only when speaking to my Dad last night that I realised that for the first day that I remember I did not know what the surf was like!... and didn't care.

Pav. :)

congratulations, i had that experience last sept, amazing. i remember the midwife saying can dad dress neave (my little girl) and it took a while to sink in she was talking to me ... i still surf and spear but seeing my daughter grow- up is better than anything.

Hi Pav and congratulations on the best day of your life.
I can remember the day that both of my little buggers were born and its still and will always be the best thing that I’ll ever do.
My very best to you your wife and baby Maya.
Paul.:friday

Pav,i'm so glad it went for you as it did for us,i too cut the cord and i can say without doubt it was the most amazing moment in my life.
Fatherhood outweighs all.

Anyway guys.

Happy New year!!!!

Pav
Congrats to you both. When my children were born (both by ceasarian) dads weren't allowed to be present so I envy you your experience. Health and happyness to little Maya.

Dave

Huge congratulations pav!!! An amazing way to bring in the new year!! Great to hear that you are all well and good. What did she weigh in at???

All the best,
Huw

thankyou for the kind posts.

she was 6lb 13..... my best Bass is 7lb! rofl

rofl that was going to be my next question!!

Huw.

Got in on the south coast just before dark,well,it pretty much was dark so i couldn't really see a great deal.Viz would have been fairly okay if there had been light on it.
A few little flatties around but it wasn't worth heading out to the points.
Mostly i was just trying out my omer ice fins which i'm extremely pleased with.
Water temp is still surprisingly good i reckon,i was only in for a short period but it was really rather pleasurable.
Anyway,here's hoping for a dive with more fish catching potential.

If all stays as it's forecast to be,i'm going to try and squeek one in on the south coast tomorrow,probably falmouth area somewhere in the morning.
Just got the Mrs to convince and i'm away.

hey i hope there is someone still reading these thread! please could someone inform me of ANY spearfishing shops in Cornwall. i am staying near Launeston (not sure about spellin?) thanks a lot PM if pos :D :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT