• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

COVID, freediving and vaccination

Mackerel

Jun 5, 2015
I voted for Trump, both times, and happily would again. That said, I’m not sure what someone’s political affiliation has to do with answering the person’s original question.

I thought this thread was sharing opinions and experiences about whether or not to receive the Covid vaccine - see my earlier reply. I personally don’t appreciate your quip. However, I defend your right to say it. Happy diving everyone!☀️
Someone asked for advice about vaccination, and you recommended inhaling salty water. I'm not letting that go past without a remark.

Mackerel

Jun 5, 2015
Someone asked for advice about vaccination, and you recommended inhaling salty water. I'm not letting that go past without a remark.
Yellsback, I'm reading through this thread, and I realise that you are not the salty-water guy. But you felt that you should reply to support him, even though you are not anti-vax or a covid-denier. I would say that the supporters of salty water as a covid cure will probably want to rebuke me themselves.
And I firmly believe that when we meet misinformation as egregious as some of the comments today, it is very important not to pretend that it should be tolerated, let alone respected. If you spread this nonsense, expect ridicule. It is one way of helping people understand that they might be wrong. Of course, some individuals are impervious to mockery, eg your ex-president!

7BDiver

Sep 5, 2019
If you carefully read through the posts you would find there is merit to the "salt water" theory https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7528968/. Just because something appears homeopathic hippy nonsense does not mean their is not a scientific basis behind it. Much of or livelihoods and health is still based on traditional practices passed on for thousands of years, which much could be considered superstitious. Eventually science finds and explanation to the known benefits, but don't simply disregard ones suggested remedies merely because some doctor is not pushing it. Trump may not have been the arbiter of science or great decisions but he had great wisdom to question mainstream ideas as we all should. Go a step further and research your assumptions, you will find numerous rabbit holes worth pursuing.

J Campbell

Sep 17, 2001
This experimental vaccination from frankenstein's laboratory doesn't even come near me.
It's all about money.
I’ don't know anyone who is sick, nobody who has died, but many who suffer from the collateral damage of the lock downs.
But many who were totally paralyzed, frightened by the primitive and mendacious propaganda in the media.
The Covid tests and vaccinations in my country are totally chaotic. Extremely many false positives. Manipulated diagnoses. Hyped death rates.
Manipulation through fear, hystery and misinformation.

I am not participating.
I will not conform.
I dont care.

I live my life normally, go on traveling and diving as soon as possible.
"I’ don't know anyone who is sick, nobody who has died" Good for you. But I know several who have died and others who have been sick. It's real. It kills.

Reactions: chris the vis

J Campbell

Sep 17, 2001
The civics lesson was my pleasure.

What does "Echoes of Trump" even mean. Why did you Know you needed to add that.

You have not pointed out to me in a previous message that the CDC has fully isolated and sequenced the actual cause the disease. Further you have not provided a link of them even saying that.

I provided a link that shows it is ongoing effort with 28K variants just last week. I know it is not fully isolated because the CDC has not found all the variants.

You do not have to prove to me why you and your wife got the jabs. What variants were in the jabs.
Trump is famous for saying "many people say..." or some variant of that. It's a running joke. It's his way of throwing out nonsense to serve his needs when he doesn't have any real data to back it up.

Mackerel

Jun 5, 2015
If you carefully read through the posts you would find there is merit to the "salt water" theory https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7528968/. Just because something appears homeopathic hippy nonsense does not mean their is not a scientific basis behind it. Much of or livelihoods and health is still based on traditional practices passed on for thousands of years, which much could be considered superstitious. Eventually science finds and explanation to the known benefits, but don't simply disregard ones suggested remedies merely because some doctor is not pushing it. Trump may not have been the arbiter of science or great decisions but he had great wisdom to question mainstream ideas as we all should. Go a step further and research your assumptions, you will find numerous rabbit holes worth pursuing.
I know the benefits of salty water - I used to use it when I felt I was catching a cold. What staggered me was offering it as advice to someone looking for info on vaccination. As if it were an equivalent alternative!

Mackerel

Jun 5, 2015
Yellsback, I'm reading back through this thread now, and I realise that you are not the salty-water guy. But you felt that you should reply to support him, even though you are not anti-vax or a covid-denier. I would say that the supporters of salty water as a covid cure will probably want to rebuke me themselves.
And I firmly believe that when we meet misinformation as egregious as some of the comments today, it is very important not to pretend that it should be tolerated, let alone respected. If you spread this nonsense, expect ridicule. It is one way of helping people understand that they might be wrong. Of course, some individuals are impervious to mockery, eg your ex-president!

scott11

Mar 19, 2007
Trump is famous for saying "many people say..." or some variant of that. It's a running joke. It's his way of throwing out nonsense to serve his needs when he doesn't have any real data to back it up.
I notice you do that all the time!

7BDiver

Sep 5, 2019
I don't think anyone proposed it as a cure, but I do strongly recommend it as preventative measure. At this time there are many things that could be considered misinformation, especially the effectiveness of masks, lockdowns and social distancing. Much of this has seen conflicting information over the past year. Bar none, there is nothing more critical in preventing and recovering from infection than our own health and knowledge of the immune system. Some may pursue vaccines and some may pursue bolstering their own immune system against virus incursion, the end result is the exact same (an immune response adequate for defending against a virus). One can argue that the vaccine will limit the potential asymptomatic affects of the virus and some fear the side effects of the vaccine. Absolutely no one knows the correct answer and only time will tell. I would hope as divers we would have some collective knowledge to share or perhaps experience/health benefits to conclude our lifestyles and practices provide some measure of benefit or resilience to the current affliction.

hansa123

Feb 26, 2021
My personal opinion is that we are lucky that vaccines are available and I will get one as soon as I am eligible. Some reports here are quite shocking and I hope you guys will finally recover from all negative effects! I agree, any vaccine that reduces the chance of infection or a severe course should be used.

hansa123

Feb 26, 2021
And just to be clear: sure, having a healthy lifestyle, getting your vitamins and sun exposure will always be beneficial. But still, a vaccine on top might be even better.

Yellsback

Jan 13, 2015
Yellsback, I'm reading through this thread, and I realise that you are not the salty-water guy. But you felt that you should reply to support him, even though you are not anti-vax or a covid-denier. I would say that the supporters of salty water as a covid cure will probably want to rebuke me themselves.
I do not support the “salty water” information that member posted. I only replied because of the Trump supporter/voter comment. Evidently this was not clear, as you took it as me supporting the whole thing.

I apologize for the lack of clarity.

It would honestly be interesting to meet you sometime, as I actually appreciate those that have a different viewpoint than myself. However, this probably won’t happen...and maybe it isn’t the best idea. I may disagree with someone until my last breath, BUT I will respect their right to an opinion. You have just said above that you would refuse to do that.

Take care and happy diving!

burjegol

Nov 6, 2005
I voted for Trump, both times, and happily would again. That said, I’m not sure what someone’s political affiliation has to do with answering the person’s original question.

I thought this thread was sharing opinions and experiences about whether or not to receive the Covid vaccine - see my earlier reply. I personally don’t appreciate your quip. However, I defend your right to say it. Happy diving everyone!☀️
Naw, I don't vote for Trump as am not G.I. Yet, I like Trump as he has the same balls with our president. He calls things as they are. And yes, this forum should be apolitical.

happy diving and spearfishing. Leave politics to politicians while we just enjoy being a spearo. :unsure::unsure::LOL::LOL::LOL:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2021 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT