• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

COVID, freediving and vaccination

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Now, now folks.
Getting into heated argument won't let you get the fish that you dream of. Why not let those in medical aspect discuss what to do and not to do during this pandemic times, and let's just grab our gear and DIVE!
Just like Marco 15499. Dive, spearfish and enjoy. Nice catch Marco. BTW, that 'Cudda was of some size. I hesitate to spear those as when hurt, they sometimes swim straight to you. Happened to a dive buddy, speared one and it just swam straight into him with mouth agape. Luckily, he was able to fend off the attack with his speargun.

Reactions: marco15499
Ah, also I forget. i, am also fully vaccinated with Galeya, AKA Sputnik

Hi there. I just wanted to give a short update. I am now more than a month past my third vaccination (booster), all 3 with Pfizer/Biontech. Besides the 1-2 days directly after the injection where I was tired and felt a bit exhausted, I did not notice any side effects. Everyone in my family is vaccinated and all are doing fine with no side effects noticed. However, I personally know some people who were not vaccinated, caught COVID and suffered.

- Sibling of a friend (25y). Healthy before. Had COVID in December 2021 and reduced his working time to 50% since he is still not fit. Has seen a cardiologist because something is apparently now wrong with this heart.
- Friend (18y) recovered from COVID 3 weeks ago yet still suffers dizziness attacks.
- Friend (18y) took more than 3 months to recover from COVID and suffered shortness of breath for a long time.

This article here is really interesting: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/02/19/science/long-covid-causes.html
By now I think COVID could be the Polio of our times. It can attack almost any organ or tissue in the body. Protect yourself. A vaccination is the best we can do at the moment.

In having no perceived immediate side effects, what are your thoughts on the latent effects of the vaccines? Is it truly a free ticket to health? Why might these three cases have been so severe compared to the majority of young individuals having light to asymptomatic infections? Polio only saw tens of thousands of severe infections per year in the U.S. and was far down the list compared to other infections that killed in the same years. The commonality between covid and polio certainly is fear.

I am not aware of any latent effects (well, if they are truly latent, how would I know?). And no, it is of course not a "free ticket". I am still very careful, avoid meetings with many people and wear a N95 mask. Still, it is the best we can do, do protect us and others. And: no idea why some people got hit by COVID in this fashion, it might be random but this is also fueling my fears, because it is so random. Some have a cough and others develop a heart condition in their twenties, which is insane. And the comparison with Polio... COVID can be a walk in the park and is for most people. But some have heavy and grave long term effects which is highly concerning. But yes, take it with a grain of salt, just a thought. I am not a MD or medical researcher.

essaywriter.org is a legal and reliable writing service. It has an established business model that is essentially a job board that customers can use to post

I don’t think this is too tough a topic, although it seems to be, which will be part of my point.

If you’re vaccinated it seems you believe in it so that should make you very comfortable. I see absolutely no problem with it. I am in full support of you and your decision.

There are many who do not want the vaccine for a variety of extremely valid reasons. I won’t even go into any of them, it does not seem necessary to me. I supported you in your choice, I have no problem with you: all you have to doin return is leave me alone.

I think a dive analogy would work best here. I don’t know if this example actually exists, but I know in tennis it does with djokavich. What if a top diver didn’t want the vaccine because he’s very in touch with his body and does not want to take even the slightest chance to somehow alter his body chemistry or otherwise. How could you take any position other than support him?

I gotta end off by saying if the vaccine completely stopped transmission in its tracks and nobody with the vaccine got ill and died, then I think there would be a very valid discussion about the above points I made being wrong, and people maybe should be compelled to take it. But it is very far from the case and the goal posts are constantly moving. Ironically many who have natural immunity have been shown to be better off for it than whose who’ve been vaxxed.

I just don’t see the argument. Leave other people alone; we can call it a tough choice, and there should not be any judging.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT