• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Creature feature

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Looks like some kind of a goby! Nice camuflage though!

No tips, eh? rofl

Lemme take a better look....

Okay. I am sure we don't have any of those here! But besides the color, it looks just like a goby....

Is this an adult fish?

Our common goby for comparison:

Attachments

• goby_widehead.jpg
    goby_widehead.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 316
Actually it`s looks like young grouper:D :D :D :duh

Where did you take this pic?

That blue ball I don't know the name but it contains some sort of water ball inside, ours here is green colour. Fist size usually.

The fish must be a baby grouper, judging from the plant it rest on. Perhaps only 5 cm long fish. The common one I see is white/brown dots. They always sit still like a stone

How did I do ????

I knew it, it can be a juvenile fish!

Now I only have to find out how the mature grouper looks like! rofl We don't have groupers here. I've seen photos of groupers taken in the Mediterrannean. But those were of completely different color (brown)! Right, Murat?

Keep'em coming Abri - very,very educational (as Master Yoda once said!)

Ivan

Yea Wishbone as i see there are only Black groupers and Dusky groupers Very Verry Tasty:p :p :p :p

There are many kinds of grouper in my place but the best ones are the red grouper or red trout ( Aussie call it ). These red ones I think has like 4 or so kinds/sbu species. The other rare and delicous one is Barramundi Cod the local name is "Mouse Grouper" if I translate into English. Very unique thin grouper with very small mouth. The profile is like the hogfish but color is light brown with black dots. Shy fish & rare. Best steam Chinese style.....:t

Well done Iya and Murat . It is a grouper (rock cod) : Epinephelus hexagonatus / honeycomb or hexagon .
Reach around 30 cm. This one about 20 cm.

i'm on!

i'm adding on to your list of pics, abri!

thought i'd make it a bit more challenging...

Great , Andrsn .:p
O.K. ... Definitely Serranidae , and I put my money on Cephalopholis Miniata ...Coral Grouper :)

i'm not much on the latin names of things, but is that blue thing a type of, how do you say.. "sea biscuit"?

andrsn

ps. and by the way, abri, i guess i'll have to have them swim faster to get more blur. :D i think a lot of the grouper we took pictures of in the caymans(especially the small ones) were in the "coney" family. this one was neon red w/ blue spots. from what i hear, many of these coneys will change color as they grow out of their adolescent/jeuvenile state.

Andrsn , the "blue thing " is a cushion star culcita novaguineae . We get them in various colors . What in hell is a sea biscuit ??:confused:

This is a photo, provided for my website by one of my collaborators - Lyubomir Klissurov.

Is it the same grouper Andrsn?

Attachments

• 052002lubklis.jpg
    052002lubklis.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 313
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT