• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab News Thread - POST NEWS IN HERE!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
bomb terror in dahab!

Half an hour ago three bombs exploded in Dahab. Really good news are rare at the moment. But there are many dead and many harmed. Hopefully none of our buddies. I know Andi Güldner is there at the moment.
Can't wright more at the moment, I'm a little bit down at the moment...

Dahab terror attack

Read on the net that there were 3 explosions this evening in Dahab, local police reports over 100 injured.

I hope all Dahabians we know of will soon post to report they are ok.

Re: bomb terror in dahab!

Rats.
I seem to recall several deeperblue denizens who have mentioned going there in the past couple of months. Geez, I hope nobody we know was hurt.... and my sincere condolences go out to all victims and their families.

According to BBC News:

Last Updated: Monday, 24 April 2006, 18:19 GMT 19:19 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Egypt resort town hit by blasts

Three explosions have been reported in Egypt's resort town of Dahab, on the eastern side of the Sinai peninsula.
According to some reports, up to 100 people may have been killed or injured in the blasts.

Police said more than 20 ambulances and police cars were rushing to the el-Masbat area of the city, the Associated Press news agency said.

"There is smoke coming from the area and there are people running everywhere," a witness told Reuters.

The blasts were heard around 1915 local time (1715 GMT), the witness said.

An interior ministry spokesman confirmed the blasts. "There were explosions, but the picture is still not clear," he told Reuters.

In July 2005, more than 60 people died in a bomb attack in the tourist area of the Egyptian resort town of Sharm al-Sheik.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bastards. I hope our friends are ok. Prayers for the dead from me.

Peace,
Erik Y.

[News] Dahab rocked by explosions

Reports are coming in of 3 seperate explosions in the Egyptian resort of Dahab. Associated Press is reporting that 20 or more ambulances are on scene at the el-Masbat area of the town.

Further details are sketchy but casualties have been report...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item: Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item

Re: Dahab terror attack

If anyone hears from my brother Sam Still (British Champ & World Static Apnea Champ - at the moment) or knows any information can they let me know!

He's in Dahab training. :(

There was a guy from a diving centre on the news who said all his lot are ok, but I assume that's for Scuba diving, not freediving.

Re: Explosions in dahab

I just called my friends at Seven Heaven hotel to make sure that they and lotta ericsson and her family are ok and they told me that it was far from the center beachfront! Apparently it happenend at a police station and two other places!

I was actually considering going there on friday to help lotta with the triple depth competition.

Said

Reactions: mia
Re: [News] Dahab rocked by explosions

Synthespian,

I hope your brother is ok!

I just spoke with the guys at Seven heaven hotel (where lotta erricson's freedive school operates) and they told me that everyone was ok and that the explosion was far from the central beach front!
if you would like to receive their phone or lotta's phone (I guess he's there for the upcoming competition) send me a pm and I'll give it to you)!

Said

Re: [News] Dahab rocked by explosions

Said,

Please read your pm.

Shukran Mia

Re: Dahab New Thread - Post In Here!!

I just heard it on the news. I hope everyone from here, who we know, every freediver, every diver, (everybody...) is OK.

It is very sad.

News as I know it.

Associated Press is reporting 3 explosions. Up to 22 dead and 150 injured. Mainly tourists.

People I know are ok:
  • Lotta Ericsson
  • Linda Paganelli
  • Roland
  • Sam Still (he has shrapnal injuries - I have spoke to his family)
Please anyone post more information here if you have it.

Hi Said! Long time no see. Thanks for the info. I was just about to order 4 plane tickets for Dahab when my friend called me and said there were some explosions. Now I dont know what to do.

My Friend Annelie just traveled from Sweden to Dahab today. If anyone has some news about her it would be most appreciated!

Any news about Roland, Linda, Lotta?

Hope they are OK

Frank, see Stephan's post (#15), fortunately they are OK.

Yes they are fine. News further up in thread: [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showpost.php?p=592176&postcount=15"]http://forums.deeperblue.net/showpost.php?p=592176&postcount=15[/ame]

This is really hitting a lot of us hard. I hope that also the others like andy and also the local people are as ak as they can be under this circumstances.

Dahab is not to big if anyone knows something about an austrian girl staying at the alaska camp I would be glad to bring good news. She is ok we just heared.

Robert

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT