• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab News Thread - POST NEWS IN HERE!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
To everyone.

Keep us informed on here. Especially if you hear any news about people we know that are OK.

Hi All !
My Sister Rikke Heide Jensen and her boyfriend Lars Petersen both from Denmark are down there somewhere, and of course not with any party ! So if you hear anything or see them or whatever PLEASE let me know....
And Make em Call +4541292858 or +4574744840 To say their ok !!

Any of you down there please look for them ! :-( Both their families are worried sick!

Thanks..---

Terrible news. It's so sad somebody would do such a thing. Its just good that people I know there are OK.

My condolences to everybody who lost their loved ones.

Source of italian tour operators federation claim there have been NO italian and NO french casualties (just three italians lightly injured by now). I just hope it's a reliable source as it's supposed to be. Seems to me good news worth to be posted.
bye

Just talked to the Danish Foreign Ministry:

And they have heard from 8 Danish people so far, 2 are severelly hurt, but they are not My sis Rikke Jensen nor herBF Lars Petersen...

I feel for those who have lost friends and relatives....

JUST hope mine are ok.... let me know.. ok... all the best to you all

Hi Stephan,

Do you think someone could start a chain, calling different hotels to gather names of the people being ok or not outthere.. I reckon there are a lot of worried families.... Just a thought !
And you seem to know a lot of people !

Cheers,
Brian.

Dreadful news. I was in Dahab only two days ago (left on Saturday) diving mostly with some freediving on the side. I recognise all the places mentioned as I walked past them every day for the last week.

I would like to know of any news about the Poseidon dive centre staff and guests, many of whom I was diving with all of last week - great people that I hope are okay. Their shop is set back from the street but very very close to two of the sites reported on the news.

Google news (http://news.google.co.uk/) provides a useful portal to access the latest news stories.

Thoughts are with everyone affected,
Adrian

brian:

i just want to tell you that you shouldn't be worried if you don't get any phone calls. the lines at the moment are very busy, i couldn't get hold of any of my friends here. also a lot of people try to find their friends here first.

i'm sure they'll be contacting you shortly,

if you have any details of where they stay, telephone number, etc i will see what i can find out.

we went to the local hospital as well but all injured were already being sent to sharm el sheikh. they have some proper hospitals there and the capacity.

what a fucking drama...

at least turtle fred (fred stone) is fine and annelie is still in sweden.

roland

Last edited:
Namron said:
I would like to know of any news about the Poseidon dive centre staff and guests, many of whom I was diving with all of last week - great people that I hope are okay. Their shop is set back from the street but very very close to two of the sites reported on the news.

Adrian- I spoke on the phone earlier to Bart, one of the instructors at Poseidon. He said they were all fine.

Roland:
... yeah What a Fu##""¤ nightmare !!!
And thanks man...
Well the situation is! Noone knows where they are staying in Dahab besides themselves... I´m watching their 2 cats while they are down there diving (mostly snorkle) Freediving and they Left their phones at home !!!!

I called different hotels to check, and nothing.. even started a chat/reallife chain, and we did find 2 austrians that where gone missing :) They are suppose to fly home tomorrow ! so at noonish I will know if they are ok !

But in case they are : Rikke Heide Jensen and Lars Petersen

They tend to make alot of friends whereever they go !

The Danish Foreign Ministry reported them missing.. and well I am worried! Cause well,, there is always emails or some phone at some point.. I could get thru,.. so should they... but thanks for calming me down...

Hope you are ok downthere...

B.

Unfucking believable. It brings up so much hate in me for the fu*^%%$ers. I am normaly a peacefull person but this type of thing realy gets to me.
Fu&^%&*^%ing cowards.

Good to hear most people I know are ok. And my hopes go for all the others still unheared off. And my hard goes out for all the victims.
I am lost now and don't know what to do. IN 2,5 weeks i was planning on going with 2 buddys to Sharm for Umberto's course ,but I have to rethink this whole thing........

It's good to know that some friends are fine.

Violence...what a fool thing...
it doesn't help for nothing just to make the world worst

I also have a trip to Dahab planned for later in the year.

A friend reminded me that history shows that terrorists tend not to attack the same place twice in quick succession, because after the 1st attack, no tourists want to go, so it is often not worth it for the terrorists... so, the attack may actually mean that it is less likely that Dahab/Sharm will be attacked in the near future...

I keep telling myself that to reassure myself!

Condolences to all the injured....

(Blue Spirit 2006 + Umberto's Course + AIDA Worlds --> all in Egypt this year...)

I have spent some time in bombed areas and other political targets. First of all, deciding not to go hurts the actual good people that rely on your business. Second, the terrorists win if you cave in to their fear. Thirdly, Eric F is correct, for the reason given and the fact that security goes through the roof for a year or so.
If I had a ticket for next week, I'd be more determined to go than ever.
Peace amigos,
Erik Y.

Roland, glad to hear you are ok. I spoke to Linda last night, good to know you are all safe.
Sara x

BBC is reporting the following on casualties:

Three foreigners - one of them a German child - were among 23 people killed.
Among the 62 wounded there were three Danes, three Britons, two Italians, two Germans, two French people, a South Korean, a Lebanese, a Palestinian, an American, an Israeli and an Australian.

Re: bomb terror in dahab!

hi there,
does anyone has a phonenumber of monica or eusebio on koh tao, thailand??? this is urgent !!
is there any organisation who knows brittgitte hauenstein from switzerland''' we need her parents adddress. please mail it to faridlaid@hotmail.com

NOW

thanks you

from zurich

farid

Dear all
I spoke with Peter Ericson this morning. Brigitte Hauenstein, our Swiss freediving friend is wounded severly. She has been taken to the clinic in Cairo, just as Sam Still. Emergency organisation is up and running.

Reactions: island_sands
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT