• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab 'triple depth' competition in November

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

turtle

Oct 1, 2005
Hi all,

be interested to know who's planning on coming along to the 'triple depth' comp in Dahab on the 1-7th November? It sounds very cool.

Fred

It might sound a stupid question but..............

Why do they call it the triple depth competition....

I'm guessing there are like 3 seperate disaplines, like Free Imersion, Constant wieght and variable wieght ??? :duh

turtle said:
Hi all,

be interested to know who's planning on coming along to the 'triple depth' comp in Dahab on the 1-7th November? It sounds very cool.

Fred

I think FIM, CWY, CNF

If I understood correctly from her mail, Natalia M should at least be there, so it should be pretty interesting! 2 more world records? :)

Last edited:
Dahab freediving Challenge
Triple depth
01-07 November 2005

Welcome to join the first Depth competition in the Blue hole in Dahab with Constant Weight, Unassisted and Free Immersion!

Three competition days, one for each discipline.
Men and Women compete separately.
Three official training days. All at the Blue Hole.
8 nights in double room at Nubia Village and transports from the hotel to Blue Hole for training days and comp days are included.

AIDA Judges.
An AIDA competition with world record status for the women and ranking for the men.
Note that if there will be any WR set the athlete will pay for the doping test.

Maximum participants 25.
Maximum depth 90m

Price 200 Euros.
For single room add 20Euro.

For information:info@lottaericson.com or peterdiver@home.se

Lotta rofl

I will be there! As a happy Greek photographer :D

Serious now..
From what i know there be att least 20 athlets there!!!
From Germany , russia, japan U.K, Argentina, Swiss, Israel and off cource Sweden

I hope that everybody take the oportunity and go to Dahab /as a Athlet or just to meet others and have and great time.

Lambis

it should be a great contest... i wish i could be there to see it! :) i just got back from Dahab last week. had a very nice time. hope you all have a good time... and that the sea will be calmer this time! remember to keep us posted with results!

i must have been to the Blue Hole nearly 20 times in total and i've never seen it calm there... :(

Depends on what you mean by calm - it's the sea innit! I found myself looking at it the other way, diving in fresh water at the NDC for the first time ever, and finding it eerily flat. Anyway, hope everything's good.... I'll be there thursday - If anyone else will be out there early and wants a buddy, give us a shout.

:cool: Fred

Fred - when you get there find Luc Wider - he's already out there training and would be a good buddy. Best of luck!!

-- was going to say something similar about spending too much time in lakes but decided against it!! its funny how much bigger the waves feel when you've been in a lake all year....

: )

by calm i mean as flat as a mirror...
but today it's stormy again!
alun, you always come here in the wintertime, when it's rough 29 days a month. during the summertime months (may to sept) it's windy maybe only 10/15 days a month.
ms. molchanova was out at blue hole today. she's going to kick our ass very badly at the comp!

cheers,

i'll go to Dahab in the summer next year... flat seas and warmer water for nosuit (no neoprene) diving will be ideal. i will just have to live with the heat. maybe 2 weeks in May and 2 weeks in Aug/Sep... we'll see. going there for 1 week is no good. i think you need 2 weeks to make the most of it.

sounds like Natalia is there nearly every month! i wonder if she'll reach the bottom this time... does she wear a mask for her dives? or goggles?

Hi.
Ther ar lots of freedivers already training in Dahab, it will be easy to find a buddy :) Everybody is training exept me :hmm .

Natalia started using the goggles a few days befor Nice...

Lotta :duh

Alun said:
i'll go to Dahab in the summer next year... flat seas and warmer water for nosuit (no neoprene) diving will be ideal. i will just have to live with the heat. maybe 2 weeks in May and 2 weeks in Aug/Sep... we'll see. going there for 1 week is no good. i think you need 2 weeks to make the most of it.

sounds like Natalia is there nearly every month! i wonder if she'll reach the bottom this time... does she wear a mask for her dives? or goggles?

Hi there

I have arrived Dahab for the comp.
Staying at Alaska camp (close to the bridge, north side).

Have booked (and payed for) one hut too much.

Anyone wants to rent a hut for 15-20 LE a day?
Kitchen, showers, laundry outside.

Talk to Sebastian at Alaska camp room 27.
Or maybe find me at desert divers in the morning (closer to lighthouse).

Sebastian

Does anyone know if there is a list of competing athletes for this comp.

Sebastian, I enjoyed your article about Bill! It's pretty 'funny' if you know Bil... :hmm

Hi seb.

Unfortunately we got 2 late cansalations for the comp :hmm
IN are:
Natalia M
Alex M
Natalia A
Larisa ?
Ryuso
Tomoko
Andy G
Mark H
Linda P
Eusebio ?
Bill S
Lotta E
Erez B
Ute ?
Max R
Red ?
Luc W
Stefan B
Sebastian N
Annelie ?
Fred S
Wolle N

I am sorry for not having al the full names, but i am in Safaga, far from the competitiona and the training. :rcard
But I can not always only have fun... some times I have to work too... On the other hand this is probably the funniest job i ever had! rofl
Eventualy ther will be some video clips and photos on my home page about what i have been doing the last 2 weeks...
I am so happy having such a great husband as Peter who could take over al the work of organizing in the last minute :thankyou

Lotta :)

cebaztian said:
Hi there

I have arrived Dahab for the comp.
Staying at Alaska camp (close to the bridge, north side).

Have booked (and payed for) one hut too much.

Anyone wants to rent a hut for 15-20 LE a day?
Kitchen, showers, laundry outside.

Talk to Sebastian at Alaska camp room 27.
Or maybe find me at desert divers in the morning (closer to lighthouse).

Sebastian

Does anyone know if there is a list of competing athletes for this comp.

Lotta

You forgot to mention that you are actually earning money by holding your breath - lovely.

Met your husband today - hes seems to be in control (but his wife keeps calling him all the time checking up on him :)

Jorg said:
Sebastian, I enjoyed your article about Bill! It's pretty 'funny' if you know Bil... :hmm
Thanks, well the latest news on my ambitions to beat Bill is that I met him today and he was ahead of his schedule by several meters (due to a succesfull FIM dive, feet first) a depth that was past my goal on this trip. And I have been down to 45 and it felt like 60. Blood, fever, muscle ache and stomach disorder. And worst of all - I am not having fun.

I have decided to give up freediving and get into climbing instead. Tomorrow I go with Annelie and Fred and climb mountains instead.

Thank you for five lovely freediving years - hope to see you all in some other circumstance.

Sebastian

http://www.fridykning.se/freediving/features/beatbill.html

What is this article on Bill that Jorg is writing about?
rofl

cebaztian said:
Lotta

You forgot to mention that you are actually earning money by holding your breath - lovely.

Met your husband today - hes seems to be in control (but his wife keeps calling him all the time checking up on him :)

Thanks, well the latest news on my ambitions to beat Bill is that I met him today and he was ahead of his schedule by several meters (due to a succesfull FIM dive, feet first) a depth that was past my goal on this trip. And I have been down to 45 and it felt like 60. Blood, fever, muscle ache and stomach disorder. And worst of all - I am not having fun.

I have decided to give up freediving and get into climbing instead. Tomorrow I go with Annelie and Fred and climb mountains instead.

Thank you for five lovely freediving years - hope to see you all in some other circumstance.

Sebastian

http://www.fridykning.se/freediving/features/beatbill.html

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT