• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab 'triple depth' competition in November

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sebastian... you are joking aren't you??
just checking... it's hard to tell by reading something!

Seb,

This is just a tactic to fool Bill isn't it... You seemed pretty cool in the water today :eek:

Anyway, I don't want you to start rock climbing. You'd kick my ass there as well. Besides, fridnyklimbning just doesn't ring the same. :)

Fred in Dahab

Good luck to you all esp Fred, Mark, Luc and Bill.

Have fun and remember... pleasure not pressure.

Wish I was there

S
: )

Hi Wolle,

my son is a techno DJ and really wants to hear some of your stuff. Is it possible to download any of your music? My friends remember listening to some 'dirty techno' in Cyprus...

Many thanks,

Haydn (techno dad)

turtle said:
Seb,This is just a tactic to fool Bill isn't it..
He he you dont fool Bill in this game - he is the best strategist I have met in freediving.
ALUN Well actually I have been thinking about stepping down / stop diving deeper than 60 meters. It takes a hard toll on the body and I am not realy built for it it seems (too skinny-too small lungs). I have realy asked too much out of my body during these last freediving years - I am always on the edge.
But to day I got some spririt back / went to the Bells and dove through the hole at 25 three times. Then I did a 55 and 58 meter dive at the rope (the last one was realy too much - the kind of dive where you think - "I must make it to my safetydiver before I pass out". More pleasure than pressure one might say. Now my body complains with 70 resting pulse and 1.3 fever.

Very busy here - freedivers everywhere. Lotta/Peter has built a very good plattform (the pyramid). Fancy team shirts and D9's as comp depth gauges. Seems well organized. Lots of different nationalities. I think we will see some spectacular dives and lots of PBs.

Last edited:
@haydn
It is unbelievable, but I am not firm in the world of downloads. But I heard from my friends the are a lot of "black copies" from my dj-sets everwhere in the internet.
I ll ask there...

@all:
not so many news and no fotos today.
only interesting fact: I saw Alexej in free immersion. he did 79m in 2,26(?). his mother (natalja) had started 30 seconds after alex with monofin (i think, she meet him about 60m?). alex had never trained for free immersion. incredible...

http://www.freedivers.info/wolle/apnoepics.htm

Last edited:
Your so effective Wolle. I am hardly out of the frame and you have already got it onto internet.

Even though many (as ussuall) could use another training day or two - it is nice that the action has started. About a doussin athletes in the static comp.
I could see two people beyond 6 minutes. Quite a lot of LMC/BO. At least two LMC passing the SP - Linda (italy) a few seconds away from Italian record. One "correctional" DQ due to coach touching athlete (sad). Lotta protested for not hearing the count down and got another go. I coach Swedish Annelie who surprised me with a strange underwater LMC at only 3.15 (like she woke up and spasmed).

Tomorrow FIM and I believe it is going to be deep. A lot of good training results and PBs. Myself I have added a meter to my PB and go for 69. I have a throat pain (squeeze?) and will try to reduce packing and take of the mask to compensate for less air. Somewhat experimental and a swedish record if I make it (at least a record untill Bill comes after me :)
I believe the german record wil be challenged aswell.

Sebastian

good photos... the pool is very familiar. i was right there only 3 weeks ago. it brings back some good memories. :)

thanks for the updates. hope everyone is having a good time there.

just got back from diving myself... 11C. thankfully i've already acclimatised back to UK waters now :(

Lycka till Sebastian. hope you have a good dive!

haven't seen the results but I heard that Mark Harris (altsaint)made 6 minutes 20! well done Mark!!

the German FI record might not be the only national one going today.... best of luck to everyone!

I'm not sure if the world cares for a new world record... :mad:
Natalia Molchanova kicked ass down at -78m Free Immersion. Oops she did it again... congratulations Natalia! поздравлени!

samdive said:
haven't seen the results but I heard that Mark Harris (altsaint)made 6 minutes 20! well done Mark!!
Well done Mark! I knew you could do it!

I ususally advice beginners to go to a comp as eary as possible - you will learn soo much. It is like a cheap clinic.
Well today I visited an advanced course in freediving. Soo many intresting divers here, and so many different styles. The women where the winners today- all coming up smiling with tags. One Italin record (60?) and off course Natalja coming up from 78.
The men had been somewhat greedy in their AP and many turned (good for them). Two who did not turn was Wolle and Alex (80/90 range). DEEEP BOs, but smiling and back on their feet quite soon - although Wolle was biting on to the tag and refusing to breath for some time (Natalja had to give him a "kiss" while Lotta was hitting him gently over the chest (so I heard)
Ryozo did the job and went to 80. Bill, Luc, Eusebio and me turned early.
I actually had a good dive to 60 - got stressed by diving without mask and by early Contractions, but came up as from a 30 dive. I think I might venture into longer dives in the future. I have changed style of diving and dont realy trust myself with it yet.

Sebastian

PS. Jens Schou 6.21 in static

Last edited:
cebaztian said:
I ususally advice beginners to go to a comp as eary as possible - you will learn soo much. It is like a cheap clinic.
Well today I visited an advanced course in freediving. Soo many intresting divers here, and so many different styles. The women where the winners today- all coming up smiling with tags. One Italin record (60?) and off course Natalja coming up from 78.
The men had been somewhat greedy in their AP and many turned (good for them). Two who did not turn was Wolle and Alex (80/90 range). DEEEP BOs, but smiling and back on their feet quite soon - although Wolle was biting on to the tag and refusing to breath for some time (Natalja had to give him a "kiss" while Lotta was hitting him gently over the chest (so I heard)
Ryozo did the job and went to 80. Bill, Luc, Eusebio and me turned early.
I actually had a good dive to 60 - got stressed by diving without mask and by early Contractions, but came up as from a 30 dive. I think I might venture into longer dives in the future. I have changed style of diving and dont realy trust myself with it yet.

Sebastian

PS. Jens Schou 6.21 in static
t the comp. could you write more details please. the depth of everybody. cheers. maybe see you one day in dahab. andy

Congratulations to: Andy, Lotta & Mark on new national records!

Also huge well done to Natalya M for her world record, I hope Alexej is feeling well again.

Fred in Dahab - really not looking forward to 9am toptime tomorrow.

did Mark set a UK free immersion record? that's great news! what was the depth?
well done Mark!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT