• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dahab 'triple depth' competition in November

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Congratulations to Natalia and everyone else...

I guess this is as good a time as any to publish the mini-interview we did with her :)
http://www.freedivingfinland.net/nu...e=article&sid=194&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Be nice, none of the people involved speak english as their native tongue, and the whole thing was translated from finnish to english to russian to english, so it may be a little rough around the edges...

Last edited:
Congrat! Ryuzo. He made Japan National record for FI, -80m :)

Good job for Tomoko too. I know you are good coach :inlove

Yep, mark harris 61 m FI!
Also forgot Ute who set a german womens' FI record of 45 (i think, although dahab is already beginning to make me hazy)

-- Today, Constant weight! (From what i remember again) --

Ryuzo 82 m
Mark Harris 61 metres

Lots of very very good dives today and NO blackouts or sambas at all, so a sweet day of good dives out in the blue hole for all. Tomorrow is last day of the event :waterwork But i'm staying out in dahab anywy :)

I think Lambis is going to put up some of his photos of today, so keep an eye out for that.

Fred

Just some photos that i haven taken, more come soon.....
Lambis

Attachments

• _DSC3349.jpg
    _DSC3349.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 221
  • _DSC4240.jpg
    _DSC4240.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 205
  • _DSC4437.jpg
    _DSC4437.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 224
  • _DSC4596.jpg
    _DSC4596.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Reactions: immerlustig
10m on the UK national record - that's great - well done Mark!
what depths were people doing today? unassisted, right?

unassisted is tomorrow - constant weight dives were today.

Oh, forgot, ryuzo set another NR with his 82 dive today - came up looking completely fresh.

And Linda did Italian womens constant NR of 66m!!

Fred

---live transmission from dahab---

Wolle and luc are arguing about how you manage to BO at 50 metres. Lambis is swinging a weightbelt menacingly.

Wolle will put all the results so far up on his site tonight

fred

---

Reactions: naiad
Well done Mark! great that you finally have the NR you so deserve and well done on the 61m CW as well!

celebrate!

has Laura got deeper than you yet? : )

and Hey Luc! What Happened? Team Shesha will give you a hug to cheer you up on Friday!

S

thank you for posting the results, Wolle (http://www.freedivers.info/wolle/news.htm)! And big congratulations to all athletes!

Pat

good luck to you all tomorrow!

Congrats to Ryuzo on his new national record and to everyone else!

Looks like everyone is having some serious fun.

Awesome job Ryuzo and congrats on the new NR. And what about Natalia....is there no limit to the number of records she can hold at one time? - amazing!!

Beautiful photos Lambis.

I have to go to the Blue Hole!

Greets,
Edu

Last edited:
Hey, Ryuzo & Tomoko! Goooooood job you guys!
Ryuzo made 3 National records, CWT -82m, CNF -50m, and FI -80m!
I'm glad to hear that!!! :) Yes, Brother Taka would think so... :) :)
Congrats!!!

Hey Fred, congrats to you too! lots of great performances going on. Wish I was there (but I will be in just over a month)

S

Cheers Sam! It's been absolutely fantastic - did 40m in FI & CW, then 31 today for CNF, all very happy, relaxed dives... Shame you weren't able to make it, you'd have had a blast for sure.

Last day of competition - CNF

Natalia M ... 55m new WR!
Linda - new italian NR 44m(i think)
Ryuzo - 50m NR
Also, Ute set a german women NR of 21m

Sebastien Naslund may have new swedish CNF NR of 56m (again, depending on fuzziness of my head), but awaiting decision on possible line violation.

...and, everyone had very good dives, no BOs or sambas, great atmosphere, bring on next year :wave !!

Fred in Dahab

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT