• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thankyou Mart and Sarah for the venue last night and thankyou to Steve for providing free diving lesson very good and put me in the right direction for longer breath holds. It was also great to meet everyone on the weekend too. Placed an order at Apnea for new fins and weight harness. Off to buy some washing line now for my float :) Any advice anyone on a basic watch that is not too expensive but will give max depth and stop watch?

Reactions: foxfish
Thankyou Mart and Sarah for the venue last night and thankyou to Steve for providing free diving lesson very good and put me in the right direction for longer breath holds. It was also great to meet everyone on the weekend too. Placed an order at Apnea for new fins and weight harness. Off to buy some washing line now for my float :) Any advice anyone on a basic watch that is not too expensive but will give max depth and stop watch?

I have just purchased the Sporasub SP1 off Apnea, enough good reviews and around £130

Reactions: apneaboy
Yes thank-you to everyone who helped make the weekend possible, shame the weather was not on our side but hopefully next year it will be. Extra big thanks to Mart and Sarah for their kind hospitality. Me and Vanessa are very grateful to you all for making us feel so welcome. :)

So the 3rd DeeperBlue.com UK Member Meet is now over and what a tremendous success it was. We had 31 people turn up to the event over the course of the 3 days with 4 social events, 2 days of a Spearfishing Specimen Hunt and 2 days of guided Freediving. The weather was (relatively) kind to us and from all the comments i've had back from everyone it seems everyone enjoyed themselves.

These events are incredibly important for us as it helps us bring together a wide number of members from across the UK to enjoy some social activities and diving on the beautiful island of Guernsey. Forums are very much under threat from Facebook and other mediums so your continued support of this forum is very much appreciated!

Official Photos and videos will come published in the coming days - if you have any photos or video of the event please feel free to upload them to our gallery: http://forums.deeperblue.com/gallery/albums/deeperblue-com-uk-member-meet-2014-in-guernsey.360/ Remember to post in our gallery and not just on Facebook to help ensure we can hold more events like this.

Prizes
The spearfishing specimen hunt prizes were:
We also awarded a number of prizes:
Sponsors
A huge amount of thanks goes to our sponsors:
  • Apnea.co.uk who provided the main prize
  • Fourth Element who provided the 2nd place prize and items for the goodie bags.
  • DeeperBlue.com provided sponsorship the rest of the sponsorship for the event with Goodie bags, prizes and the drinks for the Closing party.
  • Mart (@foxfish) and Sarah were extremely generous not only with their time but also sponsoring the food and venue for the Closing party.
Thank You
Finally i'd like to say thank you to a few people who helped make this event so special
  • Mart (@foxfish) and Sarah who every year go out of their way to look after everyone, organise the activities on island and provide the food and venue for our closing party
  • Steve (@apneaboy) who very kindly too time out of his hectic schedule teaching freediving courses to come and run the Freediving for us
  • Jonny (@Jonny250) who provided music and entertainment for us all with his band on Sunday night
  • Andy and Becca (@Becca Warren) who cooked all the fish and scallops on Sunday night
Thanks everyone and see you next time and around the forums!

A very big thank you to Stephan, Sarah, Mart and all the others who made this brilliant weekend possible. It was great meeting up for the third year running for a very relaxing six days on the island.
I'll post up our pics now that I've finished packing all the camping kit away and done all the dhobi.

Just got home unpacked sorting drying tents suits etc !Had a great time thanks to the great company Big thanks to Lana for looking after me and playing with me ,Grant and Liezl .Papa smurf .Martyn.and Sarah jonny.and the band,and lots of new faces ,gutted to be home but looking forward to next year lots learnt in a very short time ,Grant ,fill that cooler box to shut Edin and Dunc up!Next year the cup will come home North !.

Ladbrokes are already tipping the Peoples Independent Scottish Spearfishing Team as favourites for next year [emoji1]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: denian
I'm sorry Steve, I don't know of this UK government you talk of. Is this a new thing?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Haha... yes its why all these random political tests that never work keep happening in Boroughs across Scotland :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT