• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
ah yes, youre talking about Poll tax, nuclear sub bases and the odd Englishman running freediving courses N. Of Hadrians Wall? I know what you mean [emoji12]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: apneaboy
Amazing bit of engineering that Hadrians wall, kept the Italians out, but not the English haha

Just to let you know anyone coming up to Manchester will be given a warm welcome :) We are running regular courses up here, come and check them out if you want. Here are a few of the dates, i'll make up extra courses for groups of four or more....

http://www.learn2freedive.com/beginnercourse.shtml#2star

August 23rd - August 24th

September 13th - September 14th

September 20th (GLASGOW) - September 21st (Lake district)

October 11th- October 12th

Both these videos taken of AIDA 2* divers in training....

Unfortunately, as someone who lives in Manchester and who dives with Steve (apneaboy) quite regularly, I can confirm that those already in manchester don't receive the same warm welcome (perhaps that's just me)

Reactions: apneaboy
On Sunday afternoon I shucked a load of scallops for the evening feast, and due to a lack of time, put the remains in a gorilla tub in the back of the van.

For some strange reason, I didn't feel much like working on Monday and only remembered that the scallop remains were in the van when I opened the back on Tuesday morning, gagged and promptly drove to the shore to dump them.

I am still driving around with all windows open and suspect that there will be a lingering odour for some time yet.

On behalf of the "Jersey Boys", we would like to thank to Martyn and Sarah for being such fantastic hosts ......your hard work is very much appreciated. Thanks also to Andy for providing the masses of scallops. Thanks to Stephan of Deeper Blue for putting this event on ( and providing, great T shirts, goodie bags and free booze!). Thanks to Neil of Apnea (Jersey) ltd for providing the main prize.

It was great to see everyone again and thanks to all for making it such a fab weekend. Congratulations to Cobus and Chris for taking first and second place.
For those that didn’t make it this year, we hope to see u next. Looking fwd to next year already…..no hurricanes please!
PS thanks also for the Team Tankard!
photo 5.JPG

Last edited:
First day back off hols where do they send me north ...to Hartlepool joy should of brought my spearing kit '

I think you should swap Lana permanently for Edin, she has defo done better this year

Any luck with the Bass Grant ?Was it Lobster and Peroni for Dinner ?

Well done on the lobster... I heard those Guernsey lobster can drag you in and put you in a world of hurt ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT