• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2014 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Or you could give me the bass and will share it out on Sunday :)
Plenty bass around at the moment, I saw maybe 7-8 today.

Reactions: little sarge
Or you could give me the bass and will share it out on Sunday :)
Plenty bass around at the moment, I saw maybe 7-8 today.

Did you spear any Mart? I am getting them, but lately don't seem to be seeing as many as usual!

Nope, normal spot.. Port Grat... I have been diving the same tide rip for most of my adult life.. its not who you know its the spot you know well :)

Reactions: little sarge
What day would you like to scallop dive spirit ?Thursday or Friday I would of thought or before to allow prep time.Could do with a pre dive to sort/ check kit depending on depth of scallope spot.Any thoughts Chris?any more scallopers?
Wed afternoon, Thurs or Friday. I can even give you a scuba review too, now that I'm a PADI AI :)

Last edited:
I will try to get some bus time tables on here tomorrow but, from La Bailloterie camp site, the buses are really good around every 30 mins until about 1am. From the Le Vaugraut they run regularly to town but, don't go back after about 8pm!

Last edited:
7th of August... anyone fancy a Thai at the Terrace bar?
Fantastic venue situated in an elevated position on top of an old grave yard overlooking the town harbour!
We wanted to have the sat social there but, they wont take summer table bookings.
Sounds good to me Mart :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spirit
What day would you like to scallop dive spirit ?Thursday or Friday I would of thought or before to allow prep time.Could do with a pre dive to sort/ check kit depending on depth of scallope spot.Any thoughts Chris?any more scallopers?

As many as you like. Could take a few dives to get enough scallops for Sunday. I am still free all week so can take you on scenic ones too. Scallops are available from 10m to 55m deep, generally the deeper you go, the more you get.

On diving days out, we usually do between 2 and 4 dives, depending what type of dive we are doing. Popular days out are:

Over to Sark, scenic dive, lunch ashore for a few hours, second scenic dive, scallop dive on the way home.

Circumnavigate Guernsey including a few dives, scenic, flattie bashing at 30m, a couple of wrecks, visit the lighthouse, lunch ashore, scallop dive on the way home.

Anchor for the day at Petit Port, dive on the way out, picnic lunch, dive on the way home. Good spearfishing in that area too.

There is always space for a few non-diving crew as the boat can take 8 people.

Reactions: Trelawney
Not long now .................. just need some more menu choices...

7th of August... anyone fancy a Thai at the Terrace bar?
Fantastic venue situated in an elevated position on top of an old grave yard overlooking the town harbour!
We wanted to have the sat social there but, they wont take summer table bookings.
That sounds lovely!

I'm a medium Mart - er that's Steak, not T shirt [emoji5]

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: foxfish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT