• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2015 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What time does it finish today?
Here's some pics from yesterday:
Looking back at Lihou island:
1.jpg

@jerseymike is on the otherside of this reef, @LittleSarge not far away either:
2.jpg

Heading out to the islands:
3.jpg

Saturday the 1st August - Competition starts at 11am & finishes at 4.00pm. Low tide is at 14.20 @ 1.12m

Sunday the second August Competition starts at 12 noon & finishes at 5.00pm. Low tide is at 15.10 @ 0.9m.

Friday evening 7.00 at the Reunion (above the Rockmount at Cobo)

Saturday evening, 7.30 at the boathouse St Peter Port.

Sunday evening, 6.30 - 11.30pm at Craigwillan La Turquie Vale GY3 5EB

So the second & final day of the specimen hunt will be fished from the Knife.

Registration is between 11 am -12 noon in the car park on the headland.

The competition ends at 5pm in the car park.

Last edited:
The calm before the storm .... I sent some time filleting large amounts of yesterdays catch, making other dishes & general sorting of the garden in preparation for tonight's party... we have around 20 hungry dehydrated divers and another 10 or so guest arriving for tonights prize giving and drinking 70s theme party!
Of course they are diving at the moment so there will be more filliting to do....!!

Last edited:
Thanks to the organisers and participants, an awesome wkd, I hope tonight goes off plenty of mullet to eat, I can't make it now but hope to see you all again (y)

Guys - photos from this eve will be out tomorrow.

I have to say I'm proud, humbled and honoured to have shared time together the past 4 years as the official DeeperBlue.com event in the UK. The passion and love felt by all is shone through and has struck me every year.

Whilst the event will go on under the guidance of @foxfish and Sarah I will cherish the memories and hope to see you all for a dive somewhere in the world.

I cannot sign off without saying a massive, massive thank you to @foxfish and Sarah for all they have done and for the immense energy, effort and money poured behind this event every year. For those that don't know they choose to do this because of the love for the community not because I or any asks them too, without them both this event would be lost and on a daily basis these forums would be lost without @foxfish.

Next time I look forward to joining you all in the water!

Love and happy spearing to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that was a great night!
We got up this morning to find a nice sole, in a bag by Sarah's car!
I am guessing someone went night diving? Anyway it in the fridge & if not claimed will be consumed in short order.....

Huge thanks to @foxfish and Sarah, Stephan and all the guys for making it such a fun weekend :)
it was really nice to catch up with so many of y'all and it good to see everyone bringing fish to the weigh in!

here's a piccie or 2 of some bass that i decided not to shoot :)
b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Sadly this was the last Deeper Blue sponsored meet, but great to hear that Martyn and Sarah will be organising another Guernsey “Fish in” in 2016.
Thanks to Stephan of Deeper blue, for sponsorship, the Jersey Boys look fwd to diving with you next year.
A huge thank you to Martyn and Sarah for their hard work and tremendous hospitality.
Best wishes to all who took part, and The Jersey Boys look forward to seeing everyone again in 2016

Reactions: foxfish
You and me both Dan.... two bottles of tequila drunk (mainly by the Jersey guys) & a very long list of other alcoholic beverage.
We have kept a record of what was consumed to make it easier for us next year but whether we can produce 27lb of fillets next year we will have to see?
Interesting to note that 30 people consumed around 25lb of boneless fillets (there were a few left uncooked) so that is 13oz per person.
I wont work out the alcohol per person but we need more Roquette cider as that disappeared very quickly!

Only made it for one day but what a great day it was, many thanks to Martyn and Sarah for their fantastic hospitality. Cheers to Stephen for his help and to Andy and Chris for those amazing scallops.
Fantastic news we can start looking forward to next years meet

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT