• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce 2015 UK Member Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Think that's a great idea, but don't wont to upset the Jersey boys (don't wont to see grown men crying in their beer) and there would be no fish left in the CI for the rest of us!

I'm really looking forward to this now. Pairs and a night comp - bring it on :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Yer I can see it now the Deeper Blue Polo sub night cup coming to The Llyn North Wales .bring it on .

Last edited:
I thought I might introduce night diving and pair up with Lee :)
erm, i think Lee is just as capable in the daytime. Would be brilliant to get these guys @dario_deli , SpearoLee and some of the @BSA guys along - i would learn loads from them! and it would be a right laff :)
talking of legends,
@octopus Edin are you joining us this year? no excuses please... :)

Reactions: grantl
ah, realising that might come across wrong on the interweb, i also have learned loads from the Jersey guys, Foxfish, and so many other people too. no dis intended :)

Thanks for mentioning me guys, it would be nice to join but I need to look after the Welsh fish. I'm afraid they will miss me. [emoji1] Ian, this reminds me that we should organise a North Wales meeting this summer. It's a must! [emoji322][emoji323][emoji322][emoji323]

Edin are you joining us this year? no excuses please... :)

Yes, subject to force majeure. I managed to move my ferry ticket from the last year to the next summer.

As far as my Waitrose reputation goes, I have to say I was put under great deal of pressure from Stephan, regarding (lack of) my fashion sense. I had only minutes to nip into Waitrose, buy blue shorts and quickly swap them for the red ones. :D

Reactions: Jonny250
Guys - just to let everyone know that we are dropping the Freediving track from this years programme. We are only going to have 20 spaces on the Spearo front and I believe we only have 1 space left.

I'm also announcing that this year is going to be the last year we will run this as an official DB event - it's been a blast.

Guys - just to let everyone know that we are dropping the Freediving track from this years programme. We are only going to have 20 spaces on the Spearo front and I believe we only have 1 space left.

I'm also announcing that this year is going to be the last year we will run this as an official DB event - it's been a blast.

Hi Stephan,

The JSY boys thoroughly enjoyed last year and are really looking fwd to this years meet.

Sad to hear that this will be the last one. :(

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
It wont be the last one, we might not have the forum sponsorship or the official title but I will still be organising a Guernsey fish in for next year.
The last few years have been fantastic only helped by Stephan's generosity but the Guernsey event goes back 8 years now, this years will be the 9th I have helped to organise....

Last edited:
It wont be the last one, we might not have the forum sponsorship or the official title but I will still be organising a Guernsey fish in for next year.
The last few years have been fantastic only helped by Stephan's generosity but the Guernsey event goes back 8 years now, this years will be the 9th I have helped to organise....
That's fantastic news and the Jsy boys will be there!

Hey, does anyone know of a good campsite in Guernsey ?
Hi Matt, I hear you will be running a free diving course in Gnsy in the week before the meet and that u will now be staying for the weekend comps. Great news. Are any of the DB spearos on your course? Most of the Jsy boys are coming over on Wednesday, staying at the Wayside Cheer, so let us know where u r staying and we can meet up. Re campsites, I cant help you, but quite a few of the UK spearos are camping so hopefully they, or the Gnsy guys will be able to suggest best venues. :)

Hi Matt, I hear you will be running a free diving course in Gnsy in the week before the meet and that u will now be staying for the weekend comps. Great news. Are any of the DB spearos on your course? Most of the Jsy boys are coming over on Wednesday, staying at the Wayside Cheer, so let us know where u r staying and we can meet up. Re campsites, I cant help you, but quite a few of the UK spearos are camping so hopefully they, or the Gnsy guys will be able to suggest best venues. :)

Hey Mike, I think I might go over on Wednesday night as well. I think there is a 1900 ferry, what day are you guys coming back on. I managed to find a camp site really close to the Wayside Cheers. Im running a spearfishing freediving course Thursday and Friday afternoons and its nearly full. Im really looking forward to the comp itself. Never done any spearfishing in Guernsey before hopefully get some nice fish.

Chat soon !

Matt

Hi Matt, do you have any guernsey spearos on the course?
may i ask where you will go - really hard to find much depth out of the tide here.. if you want any suggestions then please do ask.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT