• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DIVE FIT Course...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Leave here the 3rd, check in on Friday the 4th. Check out on Friday the 11th roll over to my parents in Bradenton and then back home from there. is the rough plan.

Paul, thanks for the note. Based on what you told Buzz (an older gentleman I work with at the dive shop) at DEMA, I do plan to listen and follow direction. So I guess I should amend my number. My desire in freediving is to be able to get to 100' and work comfortabley and consistantly at 60-80ft. But in the class my main focus is learning all you and Martin have to offer. This is an experience I'm greatly looking forward too. The physics and physiology alone make it attractive to me.

I promise to listen and do as I'm told, unlike at home where I tune my wife out :)

Wait 'til you see what my article says about husbands who bring their wives to freediving courses! Yowsa!

But of course we do listen carefully and attentively to our wives...to do otherwise would be.....it would be.....wrong......

Yeah, you mentioned that on the phone with me too about the wives. I promise not to focus on numbers, I won't assume I know anything and I will give 100% effort! Or at least try my best to do those things. :)

I look forward to the article. Oh and I was reading the Deeper Blue news and noticed you were accused of torturing Jim rofl Just kidding, I understand that he was pushing himself and that the newspaper did not understand what was said.

Yeah, you mentioned that on the phone with me too about the wives. I promise not to focus on numbers, I won't assume I know anything and I will give 100% effort! Or at least try my best to do those things. :)

I look forward to the article. Oh and I was reading the Deeper Blue news and noticed you were accused of torturing Jim rofl Just kidding, I understand that he was pushing himself and that the newspaper did not understand what was said.

Didn't see that - where was it? Always eager to add another clipping to my Torture Trophy Case! Does this mean I should let Jim out of my dungeon already? So soon?

That looks like a different style waterboarding. Shouldn't you be laying on that board?? :)

Come on April! sheesh....freediving and squirrel monkeys! Now that's a good vacation!

That looks like a different style waterboarding. Shouldn't you be laying on that board?? :)

Come on April! sheesh....freediving and squirrel monkeys! Now that's a good vacation!

Patience, comrade, patience. The monkeys and the freediving aren't going anywhere. In fact, by April I expect we'll have the monkeys freediving.... except they can't, can they? Monkeys can't do it. Monkeys can't hold their breath.

And they say people are just monkeys. Far from it!

Reactions: ILDiver
Anyone else get signed up for the lower rate? 3 months away, it's going to be a good time!!! Let's get a group going, represent the group here!!! :)

Yeah, it will be a nice time to dive WI's 10ft vis waters. But a week in Florida and a great class to learn from Martin. There will be more weekends than the two missed to dive in WI. ;)

February is half gone! Then comes March.... 1.5 months till the April FIT course! FIT - freediving, monofin, breath hold, spearfishing, snorkeling You know you want to go, you know it will help your diving!

I'm swimming laps twice a week, I want to have good lungs for the class. I'll have to follow Jon's advice from another thread and see if Paul can give me some input!

Lets go ya'll, lets get some Wisconsin Freedivers signed up here!

OH, AND the April Wisconsin outing in in Ft Lauderdale too! What a coincidence!

My 3mm suit and Rekord fins arrived today. Now I'm ready to head south. I need to stop watching the calendar! Monkeys, Freediving and from what Wreckrunner tells me, freediving monkeys just around the corner!

ONE MONTH!!! I'm a little excited. I feel like a dog at the door waiting to be let out.

Has anyone else signed up? It's a month away!

Wreckrunner is supposed to get me a contact for some spearfishing too.

I too am overly excited! I can't sleep. I often wet myself, but that is a medical issue and I have medication. I keep looking at my watch for some reason :D ?

Wish I could head down to join you guys on the boat! But, alas, my medical coding certification test is in April. I will be going down to get back out on the boat with the gang May 3-6, though, so, if anyone is taking that course, I'll see you there... ;)

Todd

I have 2 days of work left! Scott will be here tomorrow around the time I leave work! Then we pack up my vehicle with all of out fine gear and hear out to the warm sunny state of Florida! I'm a little nervous, yet still excited about the class! Time keeps on tickin....tickin....tickin....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT