• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Freediving Range Rover comp - DATE CHANGE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
All please be advised that the organisers have changed the date for the comp to THURSDAY 3RD APRIL..... so you all have extra days to train and get ready.

Some competitors have already arrived from overseas and the suspense begins...

Any known names among the competitors, Sara? How many participants? Will you compete again, too?

Any known names among the competitors, Sara? How many participants? Will you compete again, too?

hi trux

i will compete again just for the fun of it, but have no hope of winning :D

There are some people here but I am not at liberty to reveal who, unless those people them self want to announce it.

Its going to be a fun competition... and i will report back on Thursday :)

Looking forward to your report, Sara! I hope this time there will be also some UW photos and videos! And good luck with your breath-hold!

Looking forward to your report, Sara! I hope this time there will be also some UW photos and videos! And good luck with your breath-hold!

Thanks mate! I'll if they allow us to do any underwater shots. The organisers are being very elusive this year.

Will keep you posted x

Sara, Can you at least tell us how many participants?

Mate, if i knew i would tell you. Trying to get info from these people is like finding a glass of water in The Empty Quarter.

Tom Sietas and Alexey Molchanov will compete in Dubai comp.

Guess who will get the car?

/B

Damn...I truly want to believe that winner is not Tom or Alexey...no disrespect Tom and Alexey..

Damn...I truly want to believe that winner is not Tom or Alexey...no disrespect Tom and Alexey..
It aint over till the fat lady sings. I have never seen any of them holding their breath holding on to a rope. And there is a medalist from last WC also attending!! :)

Sebastian

Would be wonderful if some of the Dubai freedivers could feed us with live reporting, just like Marwan (I believe) did at the WC in Hurghada (or was it another competition?). I am sure it will be quite dramatic, regardless if all those big names are there, or if it is just another April joke.

Reactions: Marwan
Would be wonderful if some of the Dubai freedivers could feed us with live reporting, just like Marwan (I believe) did at the WC in Hurghada (or was it another competition?). I am sure it will be quite dramatic, regardless if all those big names are there, or if it is just another April joke.

I wish that too...
And those big names...I was wondering that Alexei and Tom was another April joke..

hehehehee i am not saying anything ;) but i will be there, on Thursday, and will report and take photos :D

Sweden has been aware of this competition and has for one year been training for it.
We have selceted our top breathholder and had him in training camp for weeks. Holding his breath once a day holding on to a rope.

Tom is not up for this kind of thing. He likes comfy chairs in aquariums.

Sebastian
promoter for the swedish bid on Dubai 2008

PS. What colors can we chose from. Do they have red. What about extras - does it come with nylon or leather seats.

Dunno mate but the export charges might set ya back a little rofl

I know of two Swedes who are coming over....

Any predictions on times? Sounds tough. Mid sevens to eights from the big guns.?

Last edited:
Islands - do you know if the Al Fazz'a Cultural Championship have a homepage.
Is there an organization.
Can it be contacted.
Where is the official information?

Sorry for being so north europeean.

Sebastian

PS. The winner will do around six. My prediction.

Last edited:
We also predicted six ;) the amateurs are now doing 4 minutes so....

No website as far as I can see.... the official information will be given on a piece of paper on the day.

The organisation is THE FAZZ’A CULTURAL CHAMPIONSHIP or Fazza Diving Championship and not only is it freediving but also falconry and other stuff.

Welcome to the Middle East... ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT