• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Freediving Range Rover comp - DATE CHANGE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have heard: 6.50 (6.40) Alexey
6.15 (6.20) Timo
5.50 Tom

But if there is a final, I guess everything can change.

Sebastian

Sorry I have written wrong... Alexi 6:50 but Timo 6:20 (by Sara...) but it doesn't matter...because final is tomorrow...let see who win that car :ko

Hi guys final is tomorrow unfortunately I cannot be there , there are 10 divers I believe, and I have asked nadim and alexei to send me sms with the results, I took loads of photos. Now on my way to east coast with students so will hopefully be online later

It was hilarious to see how everyone gatherd around to watch the "foreigners" - and there is rumour of putting foreigners separately next year to give locals a better chance of wiining

The prize is higher this year, 2nd prize is 30000 dhs and third prize is 20000 dhs!

There will be 3 over 7 min!

But will there be any 7:30?

Yes, sure, Tom should be able to push closer to 8 but is this his thing, hanging in a rope without suit? Timo will be very much ready, that we know, AND Alexey is better than he ever been before -
hmmm.

I put my 5 euro on Alexey!

....how many will there be in the final? - and who are the finalist?

/B

OK...I put 5 euros to Timo...I think that alexey did almost her maximum performance??!!

It's hard to tell if someone was "pacing" themselves to get into the final or not.

My thoughts are that Alexey went hard early to secure a final spot and may not be able to push much further tomorrow, Tom may have done enough to get him to tomorrow then will go hard, and Timo may do the same. Tom should feel the cold a bit more than Timo, Tom's quite skinny and Timo has a little more padding, plus he's from Finland - as soon as they're South of Helsinki they dive sans wetsuits :D
My money's on Timo.

But it's hard to tell when you're staring at a laptop in North Acton!

Cheers,
Ben

Ps. Igor - has Stig done 10 minutes?? This is news to me.

Everyone came up VERY clean. Tom had to get medical attention cos he cut his toe on the bottom on something :crutch and then endured the pain for the rest of the dive!

Tom came up as clean as a whistle and didn't even do recovery breaths, it looked an absolute breeze. Alexei the same, timo and peter too. Nadim did better than last year, he has been starving himself the last week in prep for the comp and looked emancipated. He might have more up his sleeve for tomorrow but I don't think a lot more.

Alexei was in his speedo :p much to the delight of lots of females :D he was looking very fit indeed.

It's hard to tell if someone was "pacing" themselves to get into the final or not.

My thoughts are that Alexey went hard early to secure a final spot and may not be able to push much further tomorrow, Tom may have done enough to get him to tomorrow then will go hard, and Timo may do the same. Tom should feel the cold a bit more than Timo, Tom's quite skinny and Timo has a little more padding, plus he's from Finland - as soon as they're South of Helsinki they dive sans wetsuits :D
My money's on Timo.

But it's hard to tell when you're staring at a laptop in North Acton!

Cheers,
Ben

Ps. Igor - has Stig done 10 minutes?? This is news to me.

Yeah...In here Finland is normal that people go ice swimming...they say that it is healthy...(I think that I have born in wrong city...because I get cold purely by thinking cold water :confused:)

Very interesting competition and good performances in a hard circumstances! Does anyone know when the finals start?

Here in Finland keeping thumps up for Timo ofcourse!!!

BTW: What was Molchanovas pb in competitions before this event?

Sietas also showing that he's a though guy and can perform in competition too!

Very interesting competition and good performances in a hard circumstances! Does anyone know when the finals start?

Here in Finland keeping thumps up for Timo ofcourse!!!

BTW: What was Molchanovas pb in competitions before this event?

Sietas also showing that he's a though guy and can perform in competition too!

If I remember right :t...competitions final starts at 14:00...finnish time :)

Yep,- we are dying to know here,- this thread has been nail-bitingly exciting to follow during the live comeptition-feeds. Just what I needed to make a couple of dreary Elecrtonmicroscope session fun ;-)

Cheers and let us know as soon as you can.. Martin

OMG OMG Tom 8.25,alexei 7.48,timo 6.12

That's all the detail I have but its amazing!!!!! I told tom yesterday that I knew he was hiding the extra three minutes up his sleeve! rofl

Its absolutely fantastic, also considering the guys don't have their normal preparation before static etc

I just can not belive the first two results are true. Some more informations would be great. How were the holding the line? Did they somehow managed to attach themselves to the line and still be perfectly relaxed.... Really amazing.
Congratulations!

Amazing result from Tom!!! With that he'd have won most of the "ordinary" static competitions! It's har to believe...huh, huh...

And Molzhanova too, absolutely amazing! I suppose this was his pb too in competition (?)

Sad, that Timo didn't succeed as well as in the semifinals, but well done anyway, well done, Timo!

Waiting for some video stuff from the event...

I´ve know that he would win, but 8´24" is no human. I just want to see some photos for the event, anybody knows where?

Hey no-one's asked the most important question...

How did you do Sara? Was there a prize for best woman?

Ok got the exact times in..
Tom 8'24.59
Alexey 7'48.51
Timo 6'12.59
Nadim 4'55.22
Ashraf (Mowgli) 3'26.59

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT