• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Freediving Range Rover comp - DATE CHANGE

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
We all knew Tom was capable of that...But such a result from Alex is nothing short of a sensation!

A little dissapointed for Timo, I wonder what happened to him. As far as I know him, this would've been just the sort of thing he's good at. Even if Tom is a better breath holder, Timo usually excels in weird situations like this. The man has no nerves...Well, at least pre-preformance nerves :) And he likes to dive without a suit anyway...

Not that I think that 6:12 is unimpressive in those conditions, because it's not :)

Last edited:
Hi jome
It was my first time to meet all of these guys, they are all completely different and so nice to hang out with. I like Timo's chilled out way :). Alexey was wired but just before the dive he came down to a complete chill, he was impressive. Tom the same, very chilled and friendly,it was a pleasure to meet them all.

I will try upload pics tonight.

Cheers
Sara

The results show that Tom is a real freediver that can do about 9 min, and also Alexey about 8 min, and Timo 7 min. In the future, maybe we can see better results from Alexey and Timo or even Tom! :D Just let the Time goes! :wave

Hey Sam
i didnt compete this year... we had to rush off to the east coast straight afterwards and wouldnt have been able to come to the final. Wish i could have been there.

I would like them to have a ladies section for next year :)

Sara
Can you stick here a few photo please .. i have no facebook ..
meanwhile who get the Rover?..not clear in all reply...
cheers..

Yes, I second it - I would prefer avoiding having to register with Facebook just to see the photos - it does not let you in unless you sign in. Why not putting it it on your own website (divasindubai), Sara? It would bring some more traffic to it.

Yes, I second it - I would prefer avoiding having to register with Facebook just to see the photos - it does not let you in unless you sign in. Why not putting it it on your own website (divasindubai), Sara? It would bring some more traffic to it.

hi, it was supposed to be an open public page for all to see. I didnt realise that you would have to sign up as well :( i will upload them tonight, at work now.. will upload a selection in a mo'

Sedate, Tom came first in the comp which means he won the Range Rover.

Some photos from the comp...

Attachments

• event1.jpg
    event1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 166
  • event2.jpg
    event2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
  • event3.jpg
    event3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 151
  • event4.jpg
    event4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 161
More from the comp...

Attachments

• alex4.jpg
    alex4.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 188
  • alex3.jpg
    alex3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 179
  • alex2.jpg
    alex2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 173
  • alex.jpg
    alex.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 160
  • adel.jpg
    adel.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 167
And some shots of tom..

Attachments

• tom7.jpg
    tom7.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 164
  • tom6.jpg
    tom6.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 162
  • tom3.jpg
    tom3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 170
  • tom2.jpg
    tom2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 192
  • tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 161
and a few more....

Attachments

• tom5.jpg
    tom5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 153
  • timo.jpg
    timo.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 169
  • peter.jpg
    peter.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 160
  • rescue divers.jpg
    rescue divers.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 160
  • competitor.jpg
    competitor.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 148
Is there any underwater pictures? I'm just too curios how that hanging on the rope look like... And is that Tom in water with suit on? Wasn't the rule, nothing but swimming paints?

Ps. big congrats to Tom and Alex... that's some CRAZY performance under that circumstances.

Hi Guys,

thank you very much for the congrats. The competition was very exciting and challenging. Hanging onto the rope was very difficult... I am deeply impressed by Alex performance (it was his PB) and very happy about my result.

The most funny and new aspect to me was that you dont have a clue about your time at all when you are down there. When you are in a pool you normally have a safety diver checking you at certain times and even if not, i can guess my result within ten seconds or so... But down there I had sometimes guessed 2 minutes wrong. In the comp. I thought it was 7:00 or so and it turned out 8:24... My breathing reflex felt like it started around 1 minute, because i didnt hyperventilate.

Hey Alex and Timo, it was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys after the comp. It was nice and interesting meeting you...

Sarah, thank you very much for your kind help with everything, hope to c u soon again..

Wish you all the best, Tom

Congrats, Tom and everyone else! :friday

It's nice to see this different kind of events cropping up ever so often. (see also Bizzy Blue Hole) :D

so Tom - What colour is the Range Rover and are you currently driving home across the desert??? : )

thhis dddunebbashing mmmmakes meee wanna vommmitttt...
have to get bbback to yyyou... :blackeye

Reactions: sanso
hi, it was supposed to be an open public page for all to see. I didnt realise that you would have to sign up as well :( i will upload them tonight, at work now.. will upload a selection in a mo'

Sedate, Tom came first in the comp which means he won the Range Rover.

Thnx Sara.. , agree with trux... a person here lost 80,000 USD in his bank.. reason he noted what he have into facebook :D :vangry
i read it in newspaper..hackers stole money over net rofl..
they find data from facebook.. :ko

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT