• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fitness Regime

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
for leg work you could do squats. say about 2 sets with your toes pointing forward, on set on your tip-toes, one set toes pointing outward, another with toes pointing inwards. these sets should nicely work different parts of your leg, you could do them with dumbels in your hands, or without. one thing to keep in mind is to NOT use oyur back at any point and to keep it straight.

Ok, Í know no one has asked but now my 0.02$:
The SEAL - physical training is great. I do it for 6 years now and its really good. I hate weight lifting as I find it not natural enough, so I prefer working with my own body.
If you follow the plan you will be amazed that it really works and that you are able to follow the plan. Sometimes one has to struggle but you can really do it every time.

Cheers,
Chavez

[EDIT]: err, for the legs or better the finswimming you can do a variation of the "good morning darlings":
Rest on your back, now get your upper body up from the ground a bit. Then work you legs up and down, without touching the ground. Legs are straight. Then you can try it similar lieing on your front side.

Last edited:
If you really want to challenge yourself...check-out this site...a lot of East/West coast SEAL team guys use their daily work-outs... every day... a new, lactic acid, complete exhaustion :30 min workout...the performance benefits of improved cardiovascular function and faster speed you need both of these for competitive/tactical performances. This is not not body-building, this is functional strength-so get out of your comfort zone... puke, and enjoy!

http://www.crossfit.com

Erik

What are dips?

i was doing your "pilfered seals" programme last year and it was very effective... didn't do the dips though, was to embarrassed to ask rofl

Anyway, last night i did Week 1, but change the running for 30mins fast bicycle as it's too humid here to run outside and i am afraid of accumulating humidity on my lungs (is this a true theory by the way). After i completed the cardio i did the floor work, followed by an aerobic step class.

Feel like a million dollars today...

island_sands said:
Anyway, last night i did Week 1, but change the running for 30mins fast bicycle as it's too humid here to run outside and i am afraid of accumulating humidity on my lungs (is this a true theory by the way).
What? Never heard of that and you have to be in the tropics to get more humidity than in Tel-Aviv (I think we hit 90% someday in the past week).
Can you elaborate on this theory?

Last edited:
DeepThought said:
What? Never heard of that and you have to be in the tropics to get more himidity than in Tel-Aviv (I think we hit 90% someday in the past week).
Can you elaborate on this theory?

i can't elaborate.. as i know nothing about it. i was told it by someone who is a fitness trainer... we have 51% humidity and at nights you cannot breathe virtually (smog and dust)

Hooyah!
Dips are prefromed by holding your body suspended vertically with your arms extended straight to your sides. Your hands grip a horizontal tube on either side that is fixed to the floor or on a sturdy stand. Your feet are off the ground, your knees bent at approximately a 45 degree angle back up towards your butt. Then you lower yourself by bending at the elbows, to a point where your arms are bent at a 90 degree angle. Then push your body back up into a locked position. That's one dip.
If you can't do those yet to any significant amount, you can do 'girl-dips', in which you get 2 chairs, put your feet on the edge of one chair out in front of you and your hands just behind you on the edge of the other chair. Your legs are now in a horizontal position and your upper torso is upright, with your hands behind you on the edge of the chair. Now lower your body to the point where your elbows are bent, again at a 90 degree angle, then push back up to an arms-locked position. That's one 'girl-dip'.
I don't have a dip rack at home, I use 2 chairs on a carpetted surface so they don't move around. I also wear a pair of gloves as the chair backs are thin and painful to use. A proper dip-rack in a gym is more stable, but use what you've got. The beauty of the SEALS workouts are that you don't need a gym.
Dips are the equivalent of squats for the upper body. They work triceps, pectorals, shoulders, even back to some degree. If you can get to the point where you're doing 5 sets of 20 dips, you will have excellent useable and practical strength.
Peace,
Erik Y.

Reactions: island_sands
hi eric

besides "the beauty of the navy seals workouts" I would recommend one or two cardio workouts 2hours+... gives you some extra red blood cells :)

i do 30min bicycle, then the situps, push ups but haven't been doing the dips as there is no facility, but will try doing them off a bench.

then i do a cardio step class (one hour) or hi-lo aerobics class.

this week, i have been following the training in this book [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130322954/qid=1121678747/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_2_3/202-2400162-9791805]Look Great Naked[/ame] , starting with 30mins bike, then those exercises, then one hour cardio class.

it's been a two hour workout every night with a rest on fridays.. i am loving it.. it gets close to six o clock in the afternoon and i am gagging for the gym... :)

Spaniard said:
Do you look great naked yet?? ;)

Far from it dear! but promise a full length bikini photo on first of September.. that's my goal and i have a bet on with someone.. guess i have to stick to it... rofl rofl

oh god what have i done...

Spaniard said:
Roll on the first of September then, now you've done it! rofl rofl

oh tits that's done it! hahahahah

ok... what colour bikini?

Now we have more people interested in this thread... See you (literaly) in september (we hope).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT