• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fitness Regime

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Amphibious said:
as a team leader I would like to voice my support for such an endevor!

but of course Island_sands gets to be Miss December

you know the drill, save the best for last :)

ha!!! i should be so lucky.. in any case what choices do you have?? With all the girls posting here, we can only fit half the calendar... as there are so few of us.. you have already one for each month until June... so....

i suggest a DB pin-up calendar, 1/2 male, 1/2 female

I vote ApneaBlue as front cover :inlove

rofl

hi! i was just wondering with the navy seals' swim. why the importance on the sidestroke? anyone knows?

i suggest a DB pin-up calendar, 1/2 male, 1/2 female

Are there any she-male freedivers out there?

rofl[/QUOTE]

lomaguindo said:
hi! i was just wondering with the navy seals' swim. why the importance on the sidestroke? anyone knows?
My guesses: efficient stroke, good for speed and long distances...a swimmer may be wearing equipment on his back....ability to look around for enemies and watch others in the team.
Peace,
Erik Y.

you can shoot and swim at the same time with a modified sidestroke.

keeping your head out of the water and eyes clean has it;s obvious advantages too...

once upon a time I was in a course where they had us finning on our backs away from the beach while engauging targets at the waterline. was way to much fun. (god damn hard work too)

Last edited:
erik-

I decided to finally starte xercising again, and your training schedule that you copied from the neavy tables seemed like a good cheap idea, so i tried it. it is less then two weeks into it, and i want to thank you for posting the schedule, because i can really really feel the difference already. When i first started, i could barely run two miles, and now im not phased after 3 miles, nd i can already start to see some reults from the pullups, pushups and situps
thanks!

rory

quasimoto said:
erik-

I decided to finally starte xercising again,
rory

Cheers Rory, keep it up, give yourself some solid rest every month or so by taking 4 or 5 days off to just stretch, eat and sleep.
Peace,
Erik Y.

i reckon once you have reached a fitness level you are happy with but you want a change from all that navy seals training. Just surf and do yoga everydal if you can

Hi,
I have been into Spearfishing for three years now but I have been into weight traning for much longer. I have recently added Pullovers lying on a bench to my workout. It might just be me but my chest capacity feels much bigger and my dive time has greatly improved.

My weight workout consists of squats or deadlifts (1x20) , Bench , pullups , dips , shoulder press (3x10-15 reps), something for arms , calves and abs. all done once or twice a week. my cardio comes from a few runs a week and Thaiboxing in the Winter when the fish have gone.

Onto the pullovers, After finishing my abs , 3 sets of leg raises and 3 set of situps I move over to the bench to do my pullovers. ( I get a better stretch on my chest when the abs are tight ) I warm up with a light dumbell , sholders across the bench, dumbell above my head , back arched , backside down towards the floor as much as possible.
Bring the dumbell behind you getting more of a stretch each time . I warm up for 10 reps with about 30 lb . On the last rep get a good stretch and hold the dumbell out behing you for about 10 seconds. Thats the warm up.

Move up a bit more weight. The next set I do a small breath up , a couple of packs then lay back over the bench , stretch back with your lungs full and hold the weight for as long as you can ( or want to ) . You will feel the stretch . Breath out and then in and do a few pullover reps.

Try doing a few more sets in the same fashion adding more packs , I do upto 3 sets. When I'm done my lungs feel twice as big.

I also now and again use my power lung trainer and try and do some chest vacumes if a remember. There should be some photos of the pullovers on a body building site if anybody is not sure of how to do them. You can also add another stretch using two dumbell in a flying motion for the stretch. All this just to get a bigger fish!

Hope this might be of some use to someone .

Cheers Ceri.

The best fitness training I have done was to do short dynamics with short intervals, like 20m then 30 seconds rest, then the same again, and keep going for a long time. I used to do about 40 minutes or more. It was exhausting, but my fitness level improved almost immediately. I tried both with and without fins.

Now I haven't got a buddy who wants to do the same, so I haven't done that for quite a while. The only thing that I have done that was equally tiring was [ame=http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=63524]this[/ame].

Lucia

Erik said:
...i start to feel run down or get grumpy! That's usually once every 7 to 12 days or so.

And she complains about that pittance??! :head Where's the compassion ask ya! My cycle is in hours!! :martial But I rarely cramp and never bloat. 'Course my sight is heading South and my ears are toast. :crutch

Seriously, this is a close version of my routines that I go through before heading offshore if given the notice with enough time. I't especially good for getting the metabolism enlivened to make up for the hot water suits and the confines of the hat.

Good stuff here folks, use it up in '06.

Ceri118 im sorry but i dont really understand what a pull over is if you could please explain it again it would be great, the results sound great id like to give them a try

i have never trained properly i am just starting to get right into it now, so far i have found using a powerlung while riding my exercise bike has giving me good results, i ride at a steady rate breathe in hold 5seconds breathe out hold 5 breathe in hold 5 etc, anyone else use powerlungs?

There is quite a lot of info on powerlungs on this forum - do a search for 'powerlung', 'powerbreathe' or 'ultrabreathe'. Many DB members have tried them and give their experiences.

Lucia

naiad said:
The best fitness training I have done was to do short dynamics with short intervals, like 20m then 30 seconds rest, then the same again, and keep going for a long time. I used to do about 40 minutes or more. It was exhausting, but my fitness level improved almost immediately. I tried both with and without fins.
I did that for 45min yesterday, and I'm not too tired! Progress! :D

Reactions: oferdegi
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT