• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fitness Regime

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
marginatus said:
Now we have more people interested in this thread... See you (literaly) in september (we hope).

hmmm i have a selection of colours.. photos to follow soon ;)

island_sands said:
but promise a full length bikini photo on first of September..

That's my Dad's birthday! He'll be turning 82 so I don't think he'll be getting that picture for his birthday :D I'm sure his heart's still pretty good but we don't want to test it out...

BennyB said:
That's my Dad's birthday! He'll be turning 82 so I don't think he'll be getting that picture for his birthday :D I'm sure his heart's still pretty good but we don't want to test it out...

rofl rofl rofl

82?? aww bless him

anyone mentioned bikini? :confused: :inlove

......bookmarking page for September 1st........ done

Nice thread. Thanks for the tip of the two chairs, I kind of have limited space here in my efficiency in Miami.

I kind of like Mentzer's HIT program and have always followed it, at least I put 20 pounds of muscle mass in my frame with this program and I'm 6'3!!!

Nowadays I kind of like to add pullups, lunges, pushups and dips in my house. One of Mike Mentzer's all time favorite exercise was palms up pulldowns, great for mass and strength. I prefer lunges than squats and recomend it better for girls; especially if one has hips, adding squats with or without weight is a no no.

Well anyways, cool thread!!!!

Roberto

Last edited:
robbyzuniga said:
Nice thread. Thanks for the tip of the two chairs, I kind of have limited space here in my efficiency in Miami.

I kind of like Mentzer's HIT program and have always followed it, at least I put 20 pounds of muscle mass in my frame with this program and I'm 6'3!!!

Nowadays I kind of like to add pullups, lunges, pushups and dips in my house. One of Mike Mentzer's all time favorite exercise was palms up pulldowns, great for mass and strength. I prefer lunges than squats and recomend it better for girls; especially if one has hips, adding squats with or without weight is a no no.

Well anyways, cool thread!!!!

Roberto

lunges are great for the butt!! and they hurrrrrt... i do squats with a pole as opposed to weights and only 40 reps per session, i find that squats and leg extension help to develop that area around the knee and give it some nice shape.

Mentzer's stuff is great and at one point I was as strong as could be with it. But I'm a skinnier dude and did get some injuries as my ligaments weren'nt built for the weights I could lift.
Mike's philosophy and analytical nature I enjoyed also, even if I don't agree completely. Too bad he (and twin brother) died so young.
Now as I get older, I find that the Navy Seal's kind of thing with 5 sets, more reps works better, giving me energy, useable strength and no injuries. My back's f##ked, so I can't do squats or deadlifts with any kind of heavy weight and I miss them terribly!
Peace,
Erik Y.

Hi, Mentzer's death and his brother's was a tragedy. The competitive world of bodybuilding can become unhealthy.Like freediving, bodybuilders have a lot of pressure this days and there's also deaths and complications bodybuilders suffer from the ingestion of ilegal drugs.

There was a guy massive in NY I always admired at the gym, one of my friends from Italy recently told me that he died of an overdose of an ilegal substance prior to competition. Freediving can also be risky if you lose focus and get to ambitious like most bodybuilders do at some point.

Mike Mentzer's philosophy was very cool. In his book, Heavy duty journal describes how a training journal is essential for a bodybuilder, I also believe for a freediver. He also talks how to induce metabolic momentum, or spike your energy; some things I recall are:

1)Excitements, ideas and efforts. For example if you want to become a great freediver, pick up role models and also visualize. In the book he states: "psychologists have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the human nervous system cannot tell the difference between a real and imagined experience." I recomend a concept called psychocybernetics.
2)Less sleep, acting like a mild amphetamine.
3)Less food. Small meals and less total intake of food.
4)Increased activity.

He also states that life is cyclical, and the body can only take this type of stress for one or two weeks. Then you need to take a break.

Island sands, I love lunges. Actually there is a great exercise that most people don't practice it in the gym: sissy squats. A very tough exercise. For squats I personally don't do them because they create too much mass on my legs and I get a huge butt :waterwork . Muscular, but too big for my taste, even when my bodyfat levels are low. I go with lunges because it molds the butt but doesn't create wideness like squats, making me look too big and with bigger hips.

Roberto

robbyzuniga said:
Island sands, I love lunges. Actually there is a great exercise that most people don't practice it in the gym: sissy squats. A very tough exercise. For squats I personally don't do them because they create too much mass on my legs and I get a huge butt :waterwork . Muscular, but too big for my taste, even when my bodyfat levels are low. I go with lunges because it molds the butt but doesn't create wideness like squats, making me look too big and with bigger hips.

Roberto

i do those!!! Sissy squats are great.. they really work your leg.. they give you a huge butt?? oh no.. been doing those for two weeks.. :waterwork

Sissy squats are ok, they work more your front legs. Squats are ok if you go light on weight, but if you constantly add weight(progressive loads) the more mass you put on. On the other hand I find it very useful to use progressive loads on lunges. It gives you nice shape, especially when you are standing and see your muscles at the side, it doesn't give you wideness.

Its also a matter of genetics. In my case I have to be careful, but other people need squats because their legs aren't so strong. Squats is the best exercise to pack on mass.

Roberto

anyone have any thoughts on bodybuilding and it's effects on freediving? if any? I don;t do the running thing, but spend a lot of time in the gym. I'm a 30-40m freediver and a 30m spearo, would love to push it further....

thoughts?

Red please, unless you are blue-eyed and blonde in which case blue. Has the naked diet thing worked? Not long to go till the 1st of September..... :)

From all of the above I choose the monofin. ONLY the monofin. :)
Otherwise it's too hard to choose and you'll have to pose in all.

Maybe it is time db start recruiting calander girls?

Spaniard said:
Red please, unless you are blue-eyed and blonde in which case blue. Has the naked diet thing worked? Not long to go till the 1st of September..... :)

Naked diet? rofl

its working... although i don't look like the girl on the front of the book! but some improvement is there ( i am told ;) )

green-eyed and blondish... so blue?

DeepThought said:
From all of the above I choose the monofin. ONLY the monofin. :)
Otherwise it's too hard to choose and you'll have to pose in all.

lol!! pose wearing only monofin? hmmm bet i could do something with that... and still wouldn't appear naked :D

Green eyes, blonde hair - i'll take the blue please...Although I like Deep Thought's 'Monofin only suggestion', i'm sure that'll get the membership numbers creeping up rofl rofl rofl

DeepThought said:

as a team leader I would like to voice my support for such an endevor!

but of course Island_sands gets to be Miss December

you know the drill, save the best for last :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT