• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

florida freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
what are some other good freshwater springs more south than blue springs? I'll be coming as far north as gainesville for a wedding in july, and was wondering what would be the best place to stop. Thanks.

Too many to mention...

Ripro,

There are not many springs south of Blue Springs/central Florida. Once you get into the Gainesville area (within 30-45 minutes), however, there are too many to mention. Read back through this thread and you will read about some of them.

PM me for more info if you want to.

Thanks,

Scott
tmylm

I'm a diver out of the Bradenton area (just south of Tampa Bay). I am new to free-diving, but I've been scuba-diving for a few years (need to start advancing my certs again however).
I try to go out diving whenever possible on the reefs offshore of Anna Maria Island (I starting to lifeguard there for Manatee County Marine Rescue, so it's pretty familiar).
Anyway- me and a buddy are looking into some drift dives on the east coast. Anybody know some good sites/boat operators that I should check into? Anybody wanna' join? Much obliged!
Anyway, I'm a firefighter and EMT, so I'm constantely in new classes- hence, I love to learn... so if anybody out there knows somethign I don't about any aspects of diving, I can guarentee I will make a good student.
Or if you just need a good dive buddy, PM me.
Cheers

I'm going diving (probably scuba) tomorrow at one of the springs if anyone is interested. Thinking about Alexander - but willing to consider others if anyone else would like to go!

There were 2 or 3 divers from Jax that used to post regularly. Search for jacksonville and you should be able to find them.

If you like to dive the springs, watch this thread, Blue is a pretty common destination.

Connor

To all,

There will be a group of us at Blue Springs State Park, Monday morning July 28. Ya'll come.

Scott, chk you PMs.

Connor

anybody in Ft lauderdale - Miami area needs a buddy for pool, sea and spear ?

:)

hi y'all

i'm looking for a shop to get my bro some new fins (his b-day) i know theres JimDoe's place in ft lauderdale but i'm hopeing for something a little farther north. Don't suppose you dudes know of any where?

Last edited:
Re: West Palm Beach freediving

I have a 34 foot Regal sport cruiser, set up well for diving...We go out virtually every weekend, and half of what we do is freediving, the other half scuba. Anyone here who wants to freedive, just email me that you want to go out on a given weekend. I am not looking for people to chip in on gas, what I am looking for is more people to freedive with.

We have Horseshoe Reef, the boynton Reefs, and the Del Ray ledge all good for freediving...We also go to the Bahamas once in a while...

Regards,
Dan Volker

dan@sfdj.com

Hello fellow Flordians,

New to the site and the freediving world. I have a good friend as a coach and we have been looking for several areas in the Northern Panhandle (Navarre/Ft. Walton Beach Area) to do some dives. Any information on local hotspots and any clubs worth noting would be greatly appreciated. Also looking to take some classes. Thanks.

Bombdawdy,

Welcome to the site. Three great springs in your area are Morrison, Vortex and Cypress (need a canoe/kayak for Cypress). Some of my favorite springs!

PM me if you want more info.

Thanks,

Scott
ydw

morrison is still closed , making a state park out of it.
I go to vortex almost every weekend . Try to get there around 8 am to beat the scubas. Usually try to get the wife to go but either way I'm going (there is a few others I meet). Anyway its alright about 45ft and pretty open.
Next on the list is a weekend trip to pellham (sp?) alabama. 150ft quarry no idea when.

I'll be back in so fla for a couple weeks in October. If anyone is interested in getting wet, I'll probably be hitting lauderdale by the sea as thats the area i'm most familiar with, but am open to suggestions. I'll have a vehicle so can meet wherever.

Shoot me a PM if you're available.

I'm in the Central FL area (Orlando) but drive 1-2 hours for scuba/freediving. Tues and Weds morning to middays are my times of availability - if anyone's interested shoot me a message/IM!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT