• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Forums Upgraded

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
who's online isn't working today, i click on quick links and don't get the drop down menu.

Ricochet said:
You must be kidding rofl
No matter what water-related stuff I enter in google the first search result is in 99% deeperblue ;)
This can even be annoying when I search somethng that I don't want to find on deeperblue :D

BTW www.deeperblue.net's PageRank is 5
Thats quite good if you ask me!

I wish my websites had such a nice pagerank :)
Well - it's great to hear DB is so well ranked but there is always room for more improvement :D We have a mine of information here on the site so I am keen to try and get it further out into the world!

island_sands said:
who's online isn't working today, i click on quick links and don't get the drop down menu.

Hmmm - seems ok to me. Can you let me know more specifics of what is going on?

??? now it's working?

everytime i pressed whose online the bar changed and gave me "buddy list"

island_sands said:
??? now it's working?

everytime i pressed whose online the bar changed and gave me "buddy list"
Cool - make sure that you let the page load fully as there is a lot of interactive functionality in the page that can get screwed up if the page isn't fully loaded!

Ta.

We've just installed some major backend changes to the way the links and URL's in the forums work. Please advise if there are any problems spotted.

Ricochet said:
BTW, I like the new Ajax-features.
Indeed - that's one of the reasons for us upgrading. There are a LOT of cool features for moderation activities using AJAX.

Also there are some even better things in the plumbing under the software that allow us to extend functionality using a "plugin" system...very nice!

Ricochet said:
Thats the new one-eared, bearded smilies!
The ears and beards take a while to grow. At first the ones in my post above didn't have them, but then they grew.

Nice upgrade though, I like the smart new look.

Lucia

Indeed - that's one of the reasons for us upgrading. There are a LOT of cool features for moderation activities using AJAX.

Also there are some even better things in the plumbing under the software that allow us to extend functionality using a "plugin" system...very nice!

that would be the DRAINO plug-in rofl

Reactions: naiad
No explanation, but I can't get into the site from work where we use Win 98 but here at home on my Win XP everything works. Go figure!

island_sands said:
cant get into chat... says error connecting. IE and Mozilla :(
I can't seem to see any reason. It works on my side. Can you let me know if the java applet loads and it shows it trying to log into the chat room?

Is anyone else having any problems logging in?

Well I cant login into the News section (CMS login).
I use autocomplete so Im not typing it in wrong, and it worked before...

Not sure if that related to the uprade or what...

Maybe reset it and email me the new one?

ta:)

Stephan Whelan said:
I can't seem to see any reason. It works on my side. Can you let me know if the java applet loads and it shows it trying to log into the chat room?

Is anyone else having any problems logging in?

Stephan
i did a screenprint and sent to your DB addy.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT