• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freedive-a-palooza 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Will you be attending the FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scott would like to pitch on 9 or 11 with you. Will be arriving late Thursday 8:30 to 9:30 in the area and may grab a hotel for that night depending how late and all we arrive. Will definitely be there for coffee Friday. What dates do you have the sites for? Are those the same ones we had last time?

I have the sites for Thursday through Monday Morning. - Same ones we had last year. Not the same as 2-3 years ago. These are better. closer to the lake!

I need to know who is coming from the Milwaukee Area. Our F.I.I. Instructor MARK is flying in to Milwaukee and will need a ride to the Palooza. I would like to see what options we have. Or we might have to make alternative plans. (fly him into Madison or LaCrosse) - If anyone can help let me know ASAP - Thanks!!!

Only 3 spots left for the class!!! I talked to 1 guy today at work that is seriously considering taking 1 of those spots. Don't miss out!!!

2 Spots Left!!! If anyone is on the fence about the class, they better hurry!

I wont be able to come this year due to other travel plans, but definitely plan on coming next year. I need to take the level 1 course first, and hear that it will also be offered in Sept (8 & 9), which is helpful. Does anyone know if anyplace in the area rents appropriate wetsuits, and at what cost?

Thank you.
Would they suffice for the level-1 class- until I am able to afford to purchase one?

keep your eye on Ebay as well. I recently bought a Elios suit - Like new for $100!! It's a $350-400 suit!

I dont know for sure I havent taken the class yet and just bought my first apnea suit recently. That would probably be a better question for Scott (Whopperhead) I always just used my scuba suit when spearing but never dove as deep or as long of a time as the course will be. Scuba suits are not quite as flexible. You could always email FII to see if they have rental equipment available too but keep in mind the Instructor is flying in.

I talked to an FII rep- who suggested that the instructor would not (that would certainly require excess baggage). I'll probably just rent the scuba suit and hope it is sufficient for the instructional purposes of the class (it perhaps I'll call the FII office again closer to the class.

thanks for the offer-- I'm about 5'11 195 pounds. I'm doing the class in September though, since i will be out of town during free-dive-apolooza. Will you be there for that one as well? I'm really hoping that enough people sign up for it to happen- its probably a good sign that the July class sold out though.

I know a few people who can't make it to this one and are planning on going to the Sept one. I'm going to try to be there. You can use my suit, you're the same size as me.

Wow- that is very generous, I appreciate it. Please let me know if I can do anything to help in return.
I'm excited about the course, but wish I could make it up for the festival in a couple weeks- don't want to wait until sept!

Just a note that everyone should double check the lake conditions before heading up to Lake Wazee. I understand that the lake has been closed for the past week due to a norovirus outbreak that has sickens over 200 people. Scuba divers have been able to avoid most of this, but free divers will be floating up on the surface where all the of the swimmers were when they got sick. I guess the city is running more tests and hope to have the lake open by the weekend.

You could also give Keith a call up at Wazee sports. He's a good guy and seems to be up on all the latests details

Jon

I have been following it a bit myself and from what I read the lake is open but the beach is closed its a swim at your own risk type thing. They were supposed to run tests yesterday and re-open the beach if deemed safe but I have yet to see anything from yesterdays tests. I also read a lot of the comments under the articles and lots of people report swimming in the LAKE with no ill effects. But either way pretty sick and hard to justify the risk of getting illness from the poop water if they say you can. I also read that the extreme temperatures should kill the norovirus but that was something they said on day three, you would think ten days later they would have more answers/results. Someone out there was a definate party pooper!

I guess the water samples they took yesterday are in a lab in Marshfield and they will post results tomorrow.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT